Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-03-2009   #61
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75189 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade for VY....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Haha. Yeah, I've got the Orangeblood act down pat. Just don't ask me to tickle VY's sac.
You go on OrangeBloods?

On that board there are always a number of posters that will chastise you if you even dream of criticizing VY in any sort of way. That's one of the most ridiculous boards I've ever seen on the web. Great site for articles and information, but their board is a freaking circus.

ON a second note, I remembe reading his recent comments a few days ago, and when I read the article and report it didn't come off that bad. But then last night I saw where he was saying all of this into a camera where his words came off more as if he was demanding a trade which he was. He looked really stupid, and with that recent display he pretty much ruined any chances he'll have in Tennessee if you ask me. They seem to have stood by him and have tried to work with him to get in there when he's ready, and now he's basically on tv demanding a trade if he can't start. Really poor decision on his part, and I'm not sure what type of boneheads are in his camp and pumping his head up to put his foot in his mouth like that but he just made another really bad decision that made him look immature.

Last edited by Texecutioner; 06-03-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #62
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

After watching it also, it seems to me Vince just wants out of Tennessee.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #63
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3214 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

I would pick up VY for 2, and only 2, reasons...

1. We pick him up in exchange for a plain cheese sandwich and are guaranteed by another team to take him off our hands in exchange for a 6" sub from subway. Just the sandwich, the combo would be asking too much. Even a veggie only one would suffice.

2. We trade the original sandwich to make him one of those flag runner guys whenever we score

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #64
SouthSideTexan
HATER!!!!!

Section: 319 Row L
Rep Power: 400 SouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
I would pick up VY for 2, and only 2, reasons...

1. We pick him up in exchange for a plain cheese sandwich and are guaranteed by another team to take him off our hands in exchange for a 6" sub from subway. Just the sandwich, the combo would be asking too much. Even a veggie only one would suffice.

2. We trade the original sandwich to make him one of those flag runner guys whenever we score

I'm not sure of that.....He might quit on his 3 team mates. I think he would do better as a parking attendant. He can just play for the first couple of hours and then if he quits...no body would really care...the parking lot is already full. Maybe as a part time beer guy.....Start work after halftime and then quit after the 3rd quarter.
Old 06-03-2009   #65
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3214 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideTexan View Post
I'm not sure of that.....He might quit on his 3 team mates. I think he would do better as a parking attendant. He can just play for the first couple of hours and then if he quits...no body would really care...the parking lot is already full. Maybe as a part time beer guy.....Start work after halftime and then quit after the 3rd quarter.
Good Point on the flag boy.

Most of the parking attendants have no idea whats going on anyways.

But the beer idea is horrible. I don't need someone who isn't accurate pouring my beer and spilling it everywhere and ending up with a 60/40 head to beer ratio, but thinking it's ok because he has intangibles and in the end "willed" the beer into my cup. Only to shout out, "This is MY beer stand!" afterwards.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #66
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
Good Point on the flag boy.

Most of the parking attendants have no idea whats going on anyways.

But the beer idea is horrible. I don't need someone who isn't accurate pouring my beer and spilling it everywhere and ending up with a 60/40 head to beer ratio, but thinking it's ok because he has intangibles and in the end "willed" the beer into my cup. Only to shout out, "This is MY beer stand!" afterwards.
agree with you, but think of the fun we could have if he was having to do 'rithmetic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqueZ...eature=related
Old 06-03-2009   #67
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 116198 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
Has anyone even read my opinion of vince? I dont like him. I havnt said "hey lets give up mario for vince!" or demeaco, or andre, or even fred bennet, I say give up no one of any importance, simply a what if situation. Im basically suggesting that EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM would be intrested to see what happens if VY gets some kind of shot in Houston, wether he sucks or not. And by shot I dont mean in a starting role or ever even touching the field, maybe just a 3rd string try out.

I dont want to do it, and obviously neither does anyone else.

Neg rep.....c'mon, your breaking the unspoken rules.....
Speaking of unspoken rules, since you didn't use the sarcasm sign on the original post, we'll have to figure that you were serious. So, two questions:

(1) What makes you think Vince is on the trading block?

(2) In what possible way would he fit our offense?
(assuming Vince suddenly had an infusion of heart and was magically given the ability to throw an accurate pass - I know, I know... there's still that whole ability to read a defense thing that needs work, but I don't want to use up ALL my Genie's damned magic trying to give VY a brain too...)
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #68
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

We could always use another saugage vendor on the Club Level.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #69
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Speaking of unspoken rules, since you didn't use the sarcasm sign on the original post, we'll have to figure that you were serious. So, two questions:

(1) What makes you think Vince is on the trading block?

(2) In what possible way would he fit our offense?
(assuming Vince suddenly had an infusion of heart and was magically given the ability to throw an accurate pass - I know, I know... there's still that whole ability to read a defense thing that needs work, but I don't want to use up ALL my Genie's damned magic trying to give VY a brain too...)
What? he just said he wanted out and he is sucking in Tennessee besides that, nothing.....

I dont know, I dont want him.....

Ive never been more sorry for starting a topic, IM sorry to all, someone.........(running out of air)..........just end it.....(gasping for air but speaking with deep conviction)..........erase the thread,BOOM

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #70
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe I'm I am posting in this thread...

First, no team will trade for Vince Young's contract. Not for a 7th round pick in the 2100 draft. Ain't happening. So, let's set this foolishness aside, and discuss Young's options when, not if, he's released by the Titans.

No one was a bigger critic of Vince Young as a QB than I. I still think his best position is a slash, ala early Kordell Stewart. There are teams in the NFL with innovative offensive minds that could use Young in this manner. The Texans are not one of these teams. The Texans run the Bronco West Coast/Zone offense and will continue to do so under this regime. There's no flexibility to work in elements of a wildcat/slash type offense on even a part-time basis.

The Cardinals under Whisenhunt could utilize a hybrid like Young. So could the Chiefs, the Broncos, the Dolphins, and the Pats. The question is, would Vince Young accept a role as a slash player? Or would he pout and demand to play a conventional QB position? If Young would embrace the role, he could still become one of the more dynamic players in the NFL. If insists on being a QB only...

The CFL needs QBs, too.
Old 06-03-2009   #71
BeatDaTitans
Rookie

Who wants VY? he hasnt done anything since college....he is a huge flop.....he needs to stop whining ,sit down shut up and dry his tears.... He blows worse than David Carr did for Carolina.... VY has thrown more interceptions then Touchdowns....Whoever said that needs to be smitted.... If we did anything bring in Marvin Harrison or someone like Dwayne Robertson(DT) from Denver, or Mike Brown(FS) from Chicago. I've put in my two cents...
BeatDaTitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #72
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatDaTitans View Post
Whoever said that needs to be smitted....
Just a heads up, but we don't allowing smitting in this forum. Not on my watch.
Old 06-03-2009   #73
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 116198 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What? he just said he wanted out and he is sucking in Tennessee besides that, nothing.....

Ive never been more sorry for starting a topic, IM sorry to all, someone.........(running out of air)..........just end it.....(gasping for air but speaking with deep conviction)..........erase the thread,BOOM
oh....
is that all?
I thought someone had leaked a memo from Bud saying VY could be had at reasonable cost.
:o)

I move that we all just let this thread pass quietly into the abyss.... I figure your thread starting skills are rusty due to this dead period we all are suffering thru due to no football. Even the media is struggling. I mean, the radio talk shows are still going on because LeBron didn't shake hands....
puh-leeeeaze! who gives a ....
Old 06-03-2009   #74
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Just a heads up, but we don't allowing smitting in this forum. Not on my watch.
Can't we smite just a little?
Old 06-03-2009   #75
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Can't we smite just a little?
Allright, we'll call it a draw.....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009   #76
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly hope this thread lives a life as long and active as the Embarrassing Pics Of Dante' thread.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009   #77
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Vince Young plays football forever.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009   #78
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That is what happens when you PUI. I would have thought Thorn's drunk thread would have been the appropriate place for this thread. Maybe a mod will move it there for you.

(just go with it Wes, I am trying to give you an out)
Old 06-04-2009   #79
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 22808 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideTexan View Post
Maybe as a part time beer guy.....Start work after halftime and then quit after the 3rd quarter.
Problem with that is anytime you try to get a beer from him he'll give it to someone else by mistake.
Old 06-04-2009   #80
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32813 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't feel bad Wes, you weren't the only one to have this idea....

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=143926

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=144490

http://www.seahawkblue.com/showthread.php?t=14838

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard...ad.php?t=73850

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read