Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-01-2009   #1
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?

Well, here it is:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/...elsewhere.html

"If them guys don't want me to be in there man, it's time for me to make a career change for myself," Young said. "Because the fact is I'm ready to play ball and if they're not ready for me to play ball, somebody is."

I'm not a guy that bashes Vince, because I believe that his problem is that he's never had to battle adversity on the football field. His actions are indicating that he's not mature enough to deal with it. Good luck to the guy, but he needs to grow up-quick, fast, and in a hurry!
Old 06-01-2009   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?

Not surprising. He should go T.O. on that locker room. Hopefully during training camp.
Old 06-01-2009   #3
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 51471 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

V Cry.......

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Well, here it is:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/...elsewhere.html

"If them guys don't want me to be in there man, it's time for me to make a career change for myself," Young said. "Because the fact is I'm ready to play ball and if they're not ready for me to play ball, somebody is."

I'm not a guy that bashes Vince, because I believe that his problem is that he's never had to battle adversity on the football field. His actions are indicating that he's not mature enough to deal with it. Good luck to the guy, but he needs to grow up-quick, fast, and in a hurry!

Already been posted.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #5
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 10194 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

He gave me all the proof I needed when he left his team on the field, any credibility he had as a leader was gone after that. He's going to have to work very hard and be very humble to gain a lot of what he lost from that one incident alone.
Old 06-02-2009   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like a Titans fan point of view on this.

Is it more that the franchise is ready to give him a chance and earn his job back, but the team doesn't really like him or is it the franchise is putting up a front trying to make it look as if he is getting a fair shot but Collins is their man no matter what?

Something is funny about all this.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #7
Polo

Maybe the team has given no indication that they ever want him to play QB for them again.
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2009   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

still doesn't have much to do with maturity per se imo. Lots of guys have come out & said similar things, doesn't mean they all were immature, just competitors/ego maniacs.

His main problem is he's overating himself as a Qb when all signs point to him not being very good at it on this level. There's no doubt he can contribute on the pro level, it just not at Qb. The sooner he realizes that the faster he can get back on the field.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #9
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
His main problem is he's overating himself as a Qb when all signs point to him not being very good at it on this level. There's no doubt he can contribute on the pro level, it just not at Qb. The sooner he realizes that the faster he can get back on the field.

I disagree. Plenty of QB's have had first and second year seasons comparable to VY's. Kerry Collins had a worse rookie season than VY. Their second seasons VY would have the edge save for his int-TD ratio. But besides that, if you look at the production VY showed steady improvement as a QB from his first to second year. You can even look at Eli Manning's second year and it's comparable to VY's. Eli still hasn't actually had a completion percentage higher than VY's second season.

I look at all the guys around the leauge who have busted as QB's or have not been much better, but yet have been given multiple opprotunities to play the position, and IMO, VY deserves the same chance.

We can argue about his INT-TD ratio and whether or not it's a correctable problem, but besides that there is really no debate about whether the guy was improving as a player...especially when you compare him to other guys who have played early...

He may never be a top tier QB, but I think that he can atleast provide the same value at the position as some of the second tier QB's if he is willing to humble himself and accept tutelage...

Last edited by Polo; 06-02-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-02-2009   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I disagree. Plenty of QB's have had first and second year seasons comparable to VY's. Kerry Collins had a worse rookie season than VY. Their second seasons VY would have the edge save for his int-TD ratio. But besides that, if you look at the production VY showed steady improvement as a QB from his first to second year. You can even look at Eli Manning's second year and it's comparable to VY's. Eli still hasn't actually had a completion percentage higher than VY's second season.

I look at all the guys around the leauge who have busted as QB's or have not been much better, but yet have been given multiple opprotunities to play the position, and IMO, VY deserves the same chance.

We can argue about his INT-TD ratio and whether or not it's a correctable problem, but besides that there is really no debate about whether the guy was improving as a player...especially when you compare him to other guys who have played early...

He may never be a top tier QB, but I think that he can atleast provide the same value at the position as some of the second tier QB's if he is willing to humble himself and accept tutelage...

I can go with that a little. I think he has had plenty of opportunity to show, he just hasn't shown that he's the guy for the long term. even coming into last year in the Jax game, he didn't look all that great. & i don't think his problem is tutelage, i just think he doesn't read a defense fast enough to run a pro style offense & he misses his 2nd & 3rd option guys out on routes. At UT, he would just take off at the 1st sign of trouble & it worked b/c he was a superior athlete. That's not gonna work in the NFL b/c everyone's fast.

My personal opinion of him is that he'd probably be a better more immediate contributor to a pro team as flanker WR or something similar to what Randle El is doing.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

VY can't read defenses, though, and this has been one of his major weaknesses for his entire football career. You can get by with pure athleticism in high school and college, but in the pros, a one trick pony doesn't live long. He's going to have to devote a LOT of time studying film and upgrading his mental game if he really wants to be a decent QB in the NFL. Defenses know how to defend running QBs, and if he lacks accuracy in his passing game and cannot overcome emotional adversity, I do not expect to see him achieving a high level of success.
Old 06-02-2009   #12
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I am laughing my ass off about this because my fellow UT alums here in Austin and elsewhere are now fighting amongst themselves about VY's attitude and overall suckiness. Hahahaha.

Some will always be in the "OMG f *uck da haterz VY iz de bestest" camp, but many others are finally calling out #10 for his immaturity and criticizing his excus-making enablers in Longhorn Nation.

Suddenly they're not so fond of the Tennessee Titans.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #13
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
VY can't read defenses, though, and this has been one of his major weaknesses for his entire football career. You can get by with pure athleticism in high school and college, but in the pros, a one trick pony doesn't live long. He's going to have to devote a LOT of time studying film and upgrading his mental game if he really wants to be a decent QB in the NFL. Defenses know how to defend running QBs, and if he lacks accuracy in his passing game and cannot overcome emotional adversity, I do not expect to see him achieving a high level of success.
Good Post. Check out this interview Colin Cowherd did with Trent Dilfer. It's great:

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?id=4224725

Trent Dilfer is as good an analyst as there is right now. He summed it up perfectly.
Old 06-02-2009   #14
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

why come out and say what he did to the newspaper? why not just play his ass off in TC, and if he's the best qb, he would win it back?
Old 06-02-2009   #15
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
why come out and say what he did to the newspaper? why not just play his ass off in TC, and if he's the best qb, he would win it back?
Because he is not even in the top 5 QBs on the team and has to magically learn all the stuff he should have learned in the last 3 seasons but was to busy playing shirtless man tag and getting his durrgree?

A complete joke ....

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Now, VY's agent says he actually WANTS to compete for a starting job in Tennessee. LINK:

Quote:
Agent Claims Vince Young Doesn’t Want Out

The agent for Titans backup quarterback Vince Young says that Young doesn’t want to be traded if he’s not the starter.

Even if Young himself recently said just that.

“Vince’s desire has always been to compete for the starting quarterback job in Tennessee,” agent Major Adams told Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper. “Even before they drafted him, they asked him if he thought he could compete for the starting role, and he said yes. He has always been a starter and that is his mindset.

“He has not asked to be traded, and in fact, is going to an event at Bud Adams’ ranch this weekend. Plus, he was in there working out [Monday]. If he didn’t have a desire to stay there, he wouldn’t be doing any of that.”

Still, none of this changes what Young said. Unless he was miquoted. By himself.
I suspect that if VY continues to workout at Adam's ranch, he can quickly attain a magnificent sculpted body equal to his owner's.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #17
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

From now on, VY should say nothing and let more intelligent people speak for him.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“He has not asked to be traded, and in fact, is going to an event at Bud Adams’ ranch this weekend."
Scenes from last year's event at Slug Adams' ranch:

Old 06-23-2009   #19
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

http://stylepointsblog.com/2009/06/2...tball-forlorn/

dunno where else ot put this, but VY got booed at jeff fisher's charity softball game.
Old 06-23-2009   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
http://stylepointsblog.com/2009/06/2...tball-forlorn/

dunno where else ot put this, but VY got booed at jeff fisher's charity softball game.
The poll options are funny......except the last one, which he wouldn't do.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read