Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-28-2009   #1
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Stevie Wonder feeling the National Love

Two good finds on Stevie:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...fri&id=4205740

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ars-and-slumps

Enjoy!
Old 05-28-2009   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stevie Wonder feeling the National Love

Wow!!! That last paragraph about not being caught up in last years stats was just awesome. I can't wait to see Steve run this year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Thanks,

The article is one of the very best and accurate articles written by an "outsider" I've read to date.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #4
whiskeyrbl

That was a really good article. Nice find.
Old 05-28-2009   #5
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Great finds! Article was very good and I really liked the video with the breakdown in the plays. Good stuff! Can't wait for the season to start!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #6
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I like the jab about 8 seconds into the video...

"... Ahman Green was hurt...."
"who"
"... and really needed someone to tote the rock..."
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't appreciate the jab at Ahman Green and I promise you I suffered more watching him 'play' here than any of those 3 bobbling heads.

Nice breakdown of Slaton and THE REPLAY OF VONTA LEACH DOING WHAT HE DO is still awesome and I'm glad I got to see that again. We've got a beast in Slaton, who picked up an extra 10 pounds training this offseason. There is no limit for him in sight and what's equally as awesome as that? He wants to find out how far he can go as much as we do!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-28-2009   #8
sbalderrama

That second Slaton highlight in the NFL.com video, watch Vonta's block. he just plasters the defender and throws him about 10 yards sideways. Awesome.
Old 05-28-2009   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I didn't appreciate the jab at Ahman Green and I promise you I suffered more watching him 'play' here than any of those 3 bobbling heads.

Nice breakdown of Slaton and THE REPLAY OF VONTA LEACH DOING WHAT HE DO is still awesome and I'm glad I got to see that again. We've got a beast in Slaton, who picked up an extra 10 pounds training this offseason. There is no limit for him in sight and what's equally as awesome as that? He wants to find out how far he can go as much as we do!!!
Why? Green did absolutely nothing for us, except hurt us. For the love of Pete, we had to watch Dayne almost an entire season. That in itself is worth all the jabs in the World. Jab away

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalderrama View Post
That second Slaton highlight in the NFL.com video, watch Vonta's block. he just plasters the defender and throws him about 10 yards sideways. Awesome.
Vonta has made a habit of doing that. That's why he's in my top 3 on my Beast list. He's my boy!
Old 05-28-2009   #10
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent Finds! Man, I can't wait for football...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I prefer Stevie Wonder to Speed Slaton.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I prefer Stevie Wonder to Speed Slaton.
Well, last year, he said his nickname was Sleepy.

I like that.

Sleepy Steve.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #13
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I would pay good money to get to watch every run play of the season from the endzone cam. I love that the NFL is offering the chance to re-watch the game broadcasts on NFL Rewind. Kudos to them. Well worth the $20. For another $20, how about offering up these "coaching angles" for those of us who can't get enough?

The first highlight against the Tacks is still one of my favorite highlights from last year. I've seen that run from that angle several times now and it absolutely shows exactly why Slaton has the potential to be EXTREMELY good in this offense. He reads the line, makes the appropriate cut, and then, every cut he makes after that is based on what he is seeing in front of him. Winston seals his man. Once he gets the to the second level he's got Dreesen in front of him blocking his man initially out to the left. In that scenario Slaton would probably cut to the right but he has the vision to see that Walter's block is collapsing in on that hole and he's able to assess what will happen on either side of the block and he makes the appropriate cut back in to the left. His ability to make those reads at the line benefits him repeatedly as he reads the second level and then the third and so on... This is smart, smart football with all the physical ability as a bonus! Man! I am excited!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #14
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Glad to see Stevie getting the recognition he deserves. And hes so humble...unlike another rookie RB from a division rival who seems to never shut up...
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #15
InterestedJeff
Rookie

Rep Power: 7 InterestedJeff is on the Pro-Bowl ballotInterestedJeff is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I like Speedy Stevie
InterestedJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 223239 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Slippery Slaton: Just when you thought you had him, he slips away again...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I am excited for the season to start and I hope Foster becomes final peice.
Old 05-30-2009   #18
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Why? Green did absolutely nothing for us, except hurt us. For the love of Pete, we had to watch Dayne almost an entire season. That in itself is worth all the jabs in the World. Jab away
Nothing for us but it's not like he was the garbage truck Dayne was his whole career. Ahman Green was a decent running back at one point and succumbed to age and injury. Kind of a low-blow I guess. I wanted Ahman Green gone as much as anybody but he's gone now so I'm over it. Jab away!

Quote:
Vonta has made a habit of doing that. That's why he's in my top 3 on my Beast list. He's my boy!
Yup, I'll agree with anyone who thinks James Casey is a big dude but he's got a hell of a blocker to usurp. Size isn't everything!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #19
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalderrama View Post
And watch Andre in a couple of those runs. Gets his man up off his feet. The man is not afraid to get in there, get dirty, and block. Makes me appreciate having him on our team even more. He is definitely the best all-around WR in the league today.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post

Yup, I'll agree with anyone who thinks James Casey is a big dude but he's got a hell of a blocker to usurp. Size isn't everything!
I don't believe that the Texans see Casey as one there to usurp Vonta.......he is going to be there to complement Vonta..........just think of it as a 2 on 1. Refer to it as the "Jared Allen Project".

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read