Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-17-2007   #21
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wednesday PM practice complaints...

I've gotten an email from Holly Schweitzer, the Events Service coordinator. She read the message board and saw my post. The Texans have made contact so it looks good at this juncture. Let's see what we can get out of this. I'm holding out hope!

Quote:
Dear Michael,
We have read your postings on the message board and we appreciate your feedback regarding Training Camp as well as Season Tickets. We are looking at the current placement of our signage at Training Camp and evaluating the locations. One of our ticket representatives will be in contact with you regarding season tickets for this year. If you decide to attend the games this season we offer Assisting Listening Devices. They are available and provided complimentary by Reliant Park at each Guest Services booth within Reliant Stadium with a minimum one week notice. A driver's license or credit card is required as a security deposit for use of these devices. Guests needing such devices should visit the Guest Services booth and speak with a Guest Services Representative.
We do appreciate your feedback and are constantly focused on making the game experience the best it can be. Please let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback as we examine every suggestion in detail.

Holly Schweitzer
Event Services Coordinator
Houston Texans
Reliant Stadium
Two Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054-1573

Phone 832-667-2039
Fax 832-667-2055
www.houstontexans.com

See, there are well over 25 million people in the US who have hearing loss. There are only about 650,000 Deaf people in the US which makes us one of the smallest minority of the minority groups out there. What most people don't understand is that my case isn't that I have some hearing loss. I have total hearing loss therefore I'm not hard of hearing. I'm Deaf. It's easy to make that mistake so I can understand that. Those assistive devices do me no good. I basically got this same response from Texans_chick when she tried to help me out a couple of months ago.

Blake Steadman has gone the extra mile and began text messaging me today and yesterday and he's doing a GREAT job and I feel so much better. He definitely deserves a pat on his back for doing such a good job. I have not replied to him just yet. Like I said, I'm still steaming from what happened at practice the other day. I just need a few days to get over it before I start moving forward and give Bob McNair my money. I also want some advice from the fans on the locations of these seats. Are they in the sun?
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #22
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I also want some advice from the fans on the locations of these seats. Are they in the sun?
Sections 632,638,637...

I've sat in that general area, but the roof was always closed when I did, so I am of no help here. I am bumping this so maybe someone will notice and know the answer.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #23
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

I sit in 631...have since the beginning. It is not in the sun except for maybe late afternoon games. Even then...its only for a short period of time.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #24
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Folks,
I've received a barrage of emails from the brass at the Houston Texans as well as John McClain himself from the Chronicle. My family has been invited to the game to view seating options before purchasing my season tickets and will receiving some merchanise from the Texans. I don't know what but I'm just feeling really important right now. In fact, I may be feeling a little TOO important. I didn't want extras. I just wanted a little bit of an effort from the Texans. Well, they're giving me effort and EXCEEDING that effort right now. I'm just near tears right now but I can proudly say that I've never been prouder to be a Houston Texan fan right now.

Please give props to Blake Steadman in ticket sales and Anna-Megan for taking the initiative to try and make this work. Especially Blake. He's definitely getting credit for this sale!

HOUSTON TEXANS!!

Thanks to all who sent emails out. Y'all arrested their attention and they're now devoting it to me and my family.
--Mike, Mary Jane, and Cage
Old 08-21-2007   #25
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Nitro,

Just read this thread and was quite suprised as is every one who knows the Texans. It would be my understanding that your excitement you have now should have started at the first practice. Anyway it is wonderful that your getting the attention you need and if you need anymore help just ask, its not the Texans in general but probably who you talked to.
I would like to personally invite you and your family to come out to the platinum Lot Space B-2 and enjoe a day of tailgating with the Blue Crew. You will be able to place a lot of faces with names and you and your family will have a wonderful time. For your info we start at 7am and carry on till dark after the game. It would be an honor to have you come by and visit or just stay with the blue crew. The most important thing is though, Your A Texan.
Cause I'm A Texan and Texans take care of Texans.
Old 08-21-2007   #26
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Nitro. My dad and I, who have had season tickets from season 1, just upgraded our seats. We used to be in 629 I believe but we upgraded a few sections over. I'm not sure where yet, but I'll find out on Saturday when I go to the Cowboys game. You may be fairly close to me and it'd be cool to meet you!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #27
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Hey Nitro,

Just read this thread and was quite suprised as is every one who knows the Texans. It would be my understanding that your excitement you have now should have started at the first practice. Anyway it is wonderful that your getting the attention you need and if you need anymore help just ask, its not the Texans in general but probably who you talked to.
I would like to personally invite you and your family to come out to the platinum Lot Space B-2 and enjoe a day of tailgating with the Blue Crew. You will be able to place a lot of faces with names and you and your family will have a wonderful time. For your info we start at 7am and carry on till dark after the game. It would be an honor to have you come by and visit or just stay with the blue crew. The most important thing is though, Your A Texan.
Cause I'm A Texan and Texans take care of Texans.
WE ACCEPT!!!!!

7AM? The game starts at 7pm? I thought they didn't open until four hours prior?
Old 08-22-2007   #28
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WE ACCEPT!!!!!

Nitro,

I think the Platinum lot opens at 2 PM this weekend for the Cowboy game. The 7AM that Joe was referring to the 'normal' season tailgate times...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #29
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sorry I am on regular season already

The lot opens 5 hours before kickoff and we are there promptly. If you do not have a platinum parking pass then you will need some help with how to get there. I believe there is a map showing the Blue crew spot on this board somewhere. I will find out for you. You can arrive at any time as we are just crazy about tailgating. If the game is at 7 then the lot opens at 2. If you go to the cryboys Texans tailgate thread you will see we are planning this week.

Feel free to chime in and ask questions or do whatever you need to get the info you need. It will be a pleasure to meet you and congratulations on getting your tickets. By the way the PSL to me just means that I own a little bit of the team or the seat or something.
Old 08-22-2007   #30
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I met Joe at the Bears game, you could not have a better offer from a nicer group of tailgaters.

Also would like to add that I am glad you are getting things taken care of and they are doing right by you.
Old 08-22-2007   #31
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Wednesday PM practice complaints...

Quote:
WE ACCEPT!!!!!

Hope to see you there. We're the NW corner of the Platinum Lot (Westridge and Kirby). People get confused because our tailgate is split into 4/5 different tents all catty-corner from each other. Essentially, we' ALL (or the only) tailgaters in that corner of the lot.

And yes, starts at 2 PM Saturday, lol. Joe meant we start at 7 Am for noon games.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #32
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WE ACCEPT!!!!!

Membership has its priveleges, baby!!! 5 hours before kick-off!!!
Old 08-22-2007   #33
BleedBattleRed
Rookie

I view this message board all the time but don't usually post much. I have to say the response from everyone here regarding Nitro's situation is awesome. You guy's represent the best of Texans fans and just Texans in general. I am proud to call myself a Texan/Texan Fan for the simple reason of the kind of people it associates me with.

Corny I know, but sincere.

Nitro I hope you and you family enjoy a winning season for years to come.

Mike
BleedBattleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #34
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

I know this is an old thread but I have my reasons for bumping it. It has to do with recognizing the efforts of the Houston Texans and their sign placement at All-Access.

I have not gone to a single practice and only two games since that fateful weekend 2 years ago at that practice. Well, I decided to take the opportunity to attend all access this season and try to forget about the shortcomings of the past.

For two weeks, I'd been building up excitement. Man, I could NOT wait! Alas it was difficult to forget the past... I had a smile that just slowly turned into a frown over the course of 180 miles (I'm an Austin guy). I found myself walking towards Reliant stadium getting angrier and intent on finding everything that will go wrong. I was flaming mad by the time I reached the ticket guy. I remember telling my brother, you just bleeping watch... My foot was throbbing. I had just broken my pinkie toe not an hour or two before the event. I was LIVID and GRUMPY and hurting like hell. I was ready to snarl at any Texans official, Amarak and all. Every employee was targeted. My fury was going to be enormous!

The first was the big dude at the gate scanning tickets. I knew he was going to make me throw a makeshift walking stick away. I told my brother... you watch... The attendant asked me if I needed extra assistance getting around the stadium. Whoa... okay. I said to Ron... you watch. The reason why it was so important for you to go with me is so he could listen for announcements or whatever. Info basically.

I didn't need him afterall! The sign placement in that place was leaps and bounds better than it was two years ago. I felt completely independent at All-Access. I don't think I once had to ask my brother... what's going on? What did they say? Yadada. None of that. Amazing sign placement. Amazing! It's important that people realize that if there's a problem... the Texans are on it.

Amazing organization. A significant portion of my future earnings will go to the Houston Texans. I am absolutely sold. Amazing... I'm one happy disabled fan who felt just as much in the loop as everyone else. I didn't feel disabled. I felt normal at a Texans game for the first time. Thank you, Texans... Amazing first class organization...

More than anything... I wanted the Texans to know their efforts did not go unnoticed. In fact, it was life-changing... Small stuff matter.

Last edited by NitroGSXR; 05-30-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-30-2009   #35
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Great post and good seeing you there Nitro. BTW, how'd you break your toe just an hour before the event? I hope it gets better I know that must have been tough.
Old 05-30-2009   #36
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Great post and good seeing you there Nitro. BTW, how'd you break your toe just an hour before the event? I hope it gets better I know that must have been tough.
He must have been pushing down on the accelerator too hard!!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #37
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I fell at work and broke my pinkie toe in three places. Just a freak accident is all. No biggie. I'm walking on it fairly ok now. Tender more than anything else.
Old 05-30-2009   #38
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I see. See you at TC or a game.
Old 05-31-2009   #39
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Nitro That invite is lifetime
Old 06-01-2009   #40
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Nitro That invite is lifetime
We will take you up on that. We never made it that time. I don't know what exactly happened but probably had more to do with us wanting to get in the stadium when the doors open. We like watching the warmups and whatnot. Getting us in our seats by kickoff isn't really a problem. It was a great day that day. Loads of fun!

Our parking passes are in the yellow lot so I'm not sure how difficult it'll be to head on over to the blue from yellow but we'll make the trek at least once. We'd like to learn about setting up a good tailgate. I've got a vehicle idea that I'd like to make a reality but need to scan the tailgates and ensure my idea remains unique!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read