Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-26-2009   #101
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Information from OTAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
On top of that, this regime doesn't have the greatest track record with signing major free agents...
What am I missing here?

Ahman Green - injured.
Jacques Reeves - not injured as a Texan.
Smith - injured in OTA's, jury out.

Where is the significant track record?
Old 05-27-2009   #102
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
What am I missing here?

Ahman Green - injured.
Jacques Reeves - not injured as a Texan.
Smith - injured in OTA's, jury out.

Where is the significant track record?
Didn't say significant. You did.

I say that they didn't have the greatest track record, and they don't.

But while you're at it please name one big or semi-big free agent that they have brought in that you would label a success???

There isn't one. That is my point. They do not have the greatest track record signing free during the off-season. That doesn't mean that their track record is "extensive" in any way.

And I would assign Weaver to this regime.
Old 05-27-2009   #103
Polo

Quote:
Quotable: “Man, he’s a very large individual. He got in my car the other day and his head was in the roof. He made me feel like a little punk and I’m like, man! I don’t even want him no more. o, but he’s a good dude. I’ve hung out with him a couple of times here and there. We went out and watched the game last week at a restaurant, but he’s definitely going to add a dimension to our defense. He’s big, he can come off the edge, he can cover, he can do it all.”
-Linebacker Zac Diles on Brian Cushing
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5305
Old 05-27-2009   #104
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

uh-oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Smith
(on how the Texans want to use him) “Basically, I’m a renaissance man. I’m going to do a little bit of everything – a little bit of inside, nickel and some dropping into coverage.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5306
Old 05-27-2009   #105
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

He's an enjoyable interviewee.

I sure with Conner Barwin was here to get some of the teaching he's missing out on. I'm very curious to see what our nickle package is going to look like.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #106
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

how did jacoby 'fall down the stairs'? i presumed metaphorically at first but now after reading it again im not so sure lol
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #107
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 223239 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
how did jacoby 'fall down the stairs'? i presumed metaphorically at first but now after reading it again im not so sure lol
From HT.com
Quote:
Jacboy takes a tumble: Wide receiver Jacoby Jones slipped at his home on Monday and suffered a tailbone bruise which held him out of Tuesday’s practice. He should return to action this week.
“He fell somewhere in his house and has a tailbone bruise, so he misses today,” Kubiak said. “He’s moving around very slowly, but he did call his coach right when he fell.”
yep, he for really slipped down the stairs and busted his .....bumm.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #108
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
From HT.com

yep, he for really slipped down the stairs and busted his .....bumm.

did he slip on an empty mcdonalds bag too? smh
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read