Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-15-2009   #1
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston Hotel question

Alrighty so being as I live in the Houston area I've never actually stayed at a Hotel here, that being said we are planning a lil trip this weekend to go see museums in Houston. We are planning to stay at a hotel and preferablly something nice and with a view. Anyone know of a nice hotel with a nice view around the museum district?
Old 05-15-2009   #2
Dean 74
Rookie

Default Re: Houston Hotel question

hotel magnolia downtown and take the train.
Dean 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I stayed at the icon one time, its right downtown, and I found it really nice
Old 05-15-2009   #4
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Ma stayed at the Magnolia recently and loved it. She said it was purty sweet. I think I just went to Hotels.com to book it.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Right in the district, Hotel Zaza:

5701 Main Street
Houston, TX 77005
(713) 526-1991

http://www.hotelzazahouston.com/

Close to the District, La Colombe D'Or‎:

3410 Montrose Boulevard
Houston, Texas
(713) 526-1991

http://www.lacolombedor.com/

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 05-15-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Houston Hotel question

Hotel Zaza is 'the spot' right now - I think has a brand new pool. I'm going to a party there Saturday, I'll let you know
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

It was nice when it was the Warwick, too.
Old 05-15-2009   #8
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Za Za has been the spot for a long while now. It's expensive, but you can't go wrong there.

I've always loved Hotel Derrick as well in the Galleria area.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #9
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I haven't been there, but I hear Hotel Za Za is supposed to be very nice.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Right in the district, Hotel Zaza:

5701 Main Street
Houston, TX 77005
(713) 526-1991

http://www.hotelzazahouston.com/

Close to the District, La Colombe D'Or‎:

3410 Montrose Boulevard
Houston, Texas
(713) 526-1991

http://www.lacolombedor.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Hotel Zaza is 'the spot' right now - I think has a brand new pool. I'm going to a party there Saturday, I'll let you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Za Za has been the spot for a long while now. It's expensive, but you can't go wrong there.

I've always loved Hotel Derrick as well in the Galleria area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I haven't been there, but I hear Hotel Za Za is supposed to be very nice.
Andrew, it seems that Zaza was voted 4 to 2 over the Magnolia.
Old 05-15-2009   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've been to quite a few fashion shows and events over at the Za Za. They're always great. The pool parties over there are always nice as well. Never dined at their restaurant but I hear it is very good.

I;m not sure what kind of loot Andrew wants to spend, but they've got like 4 or 5 luxury suites that all have different themes. My friend stayed at one of them and said it was all an Austin Powers type of theme to it. He loved it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #12
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I called them last night and they said they have rooms for tonight but not on saturday so kind of rules them out. Looking at the pictures of Hotel ICON, they look quite nice and watched the video on The Magnolia as well and it looked decent as well. Anyone know anything about the Lancaster?
Old 05-15-2009   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I called them last night and they said they have rooms for tonight but not on saturday so kind of rules them out. Looking at the pictures of Hotel ICON, they look quite nice and watched the video on The Magnolia as well and it looked decent as well. Anyone know anything about the Lancaster?
One of my wife's relatives stayed at the Lancaster after her wedding, and loved it. They go back every year on their anniversary now I think. Never been there myself.

Someone also mentioned the hotel derrick, which is neat, but much more modern than the others. I've only been to the bar there though

You may want to look at trip advisor too. Don't go totally on the reviews (not everyone has the same taste) but you can get good general ideas:

Zaza
Icon
Lancaster
Derek
Magnolia

Again, don't take tripadvisor too seriously. Sometimes people get weird ideas on there. And since costs/expectations are included in the rating, you get some bizzaro rankings--like the drury inn and suites being rated the #4 hotel in the entire city?? No idea why some are rated so low/high...

Last edited by gtexan02; 05-15-2009 at 01:46 PM.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I always see "Tweetys Motel" on Almeda when I got to play golf at Wildcat... but I'd probably advise staying away from there.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #15
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Going to stay at the Hotel Icon tonight.
Old 05-15-2009   #16
gtexan02
Working?

I hope you guys like it! Let us know
Old 05-15-2009   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I hope you guys like it! Let us know
Wait a minute... is there something I'm missing!? LOL
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009   #18
Andrew6
Site Contributor

The wife and I loved it. great room, great view. They even dropped us off where ever we wanted downtown. I think we'll stay at ZaZa next time just b/c of the location to the museums and parks etc... Either way Icon is a very cool; nice hotel.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read