Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-09-2009   #21
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49424 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Early Show

Good luck Bud! I will be watching.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #22
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Is anyone watching? Is he on???

I am taping it, but would love to know what is happening. At work and can't watch.
Old 05-13-2009   #23
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I found this on the website

Quote:
Wednesday morning we kick off our month-long series “Early’s Angels” with the heart-warming story of a young man from Houston. Sixteen-year-old Gary Lynn was born with cerebral palsy, but he’s not letting that stop him from helping others like him. He’s created a foundation to support research for cerebral palsy. Gary’s passion is sports, and while he doesn’t get to play the, he dreams of one day sitting front row at a professional sporting event. So, we granted Gary that wish and got him front row tickets to see the Mets play in New York with our very own Harry Smith.Tune in to meet this inspiring teen and hear his amazing story of generosity.
link
Old 05-13-2009   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Is anyone watching? Is he on???

I am taping it, but would love to know what is happening. At work and can't watch.
I'm at work, but would love to see your tape!
Old 05-13-2009   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I found this on the website

link
I liked the next paragraph too.
Old 05-13-2009   #26
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I liked the next paragraph too.
You would. Maybe I can have a Early Show viewing party at my house this weekend. I wonder if Gary is free, or if he will talk to us anymore, after becoming so famous.
Old 05-13-2009   #27
kermit
Veteran

Rep Power: 553 kermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw it this morning. They did a wonderful job.
Andrea said they are going to send her a copy of the show.
I tried to tape it at school and it wouldn't work.
(now I'll get in trouble for posting this at school, watch this)
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #28
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

That was a very nice piece Gary. My wife started crying because she was so happy for you when she saw your reaction when you learned you were going to Disney World. Congrats Gary and I hope you have a good time.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #29
kermit
Veteran

Rep Power: 553 kermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respected

The 2nd. link is from link from CBS

http://cnettv.cnet.com/never-give-up...-50071679.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5010928n

Last edited by kermit; 05-13-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-13-2009   #30
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just watched the link.....I couldn't stop smiling for you! I'm so happy for you man, that's so awesome! Well deserved for a well deserving family.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #31
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary, great video! I loved watching it!

ps. I can't believe you wore a Mets cap. tsk tsk tsk

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #32
kermit
Veteran

Harry bought the cap for Gary.
I am sure if he could he would have worn his Texans cap right along with it.
Old 05-13-2009   #33
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

I had tears in my eyes watching both videos. Gary, you make us proud.
Old 05-13-2009   #34
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary!! You absolutely ROCK!! This is such a wonderful thing you are doing, and I am so honored by knowing you, seeing you in person, and experiencing first hand what a terrific young man you are. You touch my heart!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #35
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

We know you couldn't say anything to the Jets player but you can't root for the Jets and we know that.

Looks like you and your mom are having a great time!

Great video!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #36
Ckw

Awesome videos! Gary, everyone is so proud of you and happy for you. Its an honor having you on this message board to share in our love for Houston sports.

Its magnificent!
Old 05-13-2009   #37
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

There are not any words to say how I felt this morning thank all of you my great friends. All of you rock in my world.
Old 05-13-2009   #38
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Just got to watch!! I'll watch again tomorrow when I get my speakers back and can listen too.

Awesome my man! Tell the truth, you know you were trying to stare at those Nets cheerleaders...
Really happy for you, Gary.

Two other notes:

1) Mom, you looked great!
2) Why did you pick a picture with Andy, of all people??

Old 05-13-2009   #39
kermit
Veteran

Too funny TB.
It's just one big happy family!
Old 05-13-2009   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit View Post
It's just one big happy family!
Nice!!

Any details yet on the Golf Tourney??

Besides sponsoring a hole, I may play this year and take the whole day off instead of a few hours.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read