Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2009   #21
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connar Barwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He was being sarcastic Superdave. He doesn't think that Slaton needs a back up.

Yeah, I liked the Barwin pick a lot myself. At first I thought WTF!? But then I watched his game film and learned more about him, and he's actually my favorite pick in this entire draft for the Texans.
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Wow he said that Slaton needed a backup, but that it didn't have to be a big bruiser like everybody was enamored with. That was pretty much the entire point of that conversation last night. As I recall he said that grabbing Johnson & Foster as UDFA's was as good as drafting a backup.
This.

Maybe my communication skills are so poor that only people from Michigan can understand me?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009   #22
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'd like to see 5 DL front sometimes with Mario, Amobi, Smith, Barwin and Bulman. Let's get out there and say "Hey, we're going to rush these 5 right here... try and stop it."
The 1st two picks give us crazy flexability to do just that. The more athletic, flexable guys the better.
Old 04-27-2009   #23
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

There are many comments that first thoughts were to compare Barwin with Jason Babin. But wouldn't Antwan Peek be a better comparison?
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009   #24
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
There are many comments that first thoughts were to compare Barwin with Jason Babin. But wouldn't Antwan Peek be a better comparison?
Yes, if Peek was a high character guy that loved football, weighed 256 lbs and ran a sub 4.5 40 yard dash who excelled in his first year on the defensive side of the ball.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read