Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2005   #1
phan1
All Pro

Default Is our Oline looking any better so far?

Well, I think we can all agree that the Oline last year was the most horrible part of our team by miles. We couldn't pass block, and we could hardly run block. We got some new guys at the line, but they don't sound like immediate contributors. For the most part, it looks like the same personel from last year, which kinda worries me.

I would like to say it was the difficulty in learning a new system and not the players, but to my knowlege, pass blocking does not change in the new zoneblocking system. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that, because if I'm not, I'm rather pessimistic about out Oline situation. That would mean that the problem is the talent and not the system.

As for our D, it really sucks that we are losing our 2 starting middle linebackers (Sharper and Foreman), but I really have faith in Capers as a defensive coach and think he will end up getting the job done. But right now I'm still worried about our offensive line.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read