Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-17-2009   #21
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Gosselin's 2nd Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I think the idea is that Hasselback hangs around for a year and teaches Sanchez. Then next year Snachez is the starter. Its not a bad idea, if you think Sanchez is a quality QB.

I don't and think there are MUCH better QBs in next year's draft(McCoy, Bradford, Snead, maybe Tebow, Hiller, Robinson, etc)
Pretty much sums it up but it will be interesting to see how Hasselbeck's remaining career plays out. I could see him leaving after a year but if he is healthy and productive this season it will be a tough call on their part. Two years as a backup wouldn't be the end of the world for Sanchez (see Aaron Rodgers) and its not like Hasselbeck is Farve as far as health. Sanchez will get some starts before he officially becomes the starter there. Heck, if Hasselbeck's health goes south early thats a pretty good insurance policy. Starting to get the feeling that the top 4 picks, barring trades, are going to go QB, OT, OT, QB.
Old 04-18-2009   #22
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
When it comes to Draft Gurus, Gosselin is the best.

I would love to get Orakpo, but I don't think GB, Buffalo, and Washington all pass on him. I could see us trading up with Washington and giving up a forth if he is still there, but I have a hard time seeing him dropping all the way to 15. If he does, something is wrong.
If we trade up for any defensive player I expect it to be Raji, the Boston DT.
Regarding Gosselin as a Draft Guru, I'm honestly wondering if he hasn't seen his best days, but we'll see what his final edition looks like ? BTW, I think local draft expert Lance Zeirland did as well with his mock last year as Gosselin did ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #23
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

everette brown?

inexcusable for a supposed draftnik
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009   #24
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Regarding Gosselin as a Draft Guru, I'm honestly wondering if he hasn't seen his best days, but we'll see what his final edition looks like ? BTW, I think local draft expert Lance Zeirland did as well with his mock last year as Gosselin did ?
last days? You think just because he isn't emulating other mocks (mock drafts mind you....mocks) he is 'losing it'? Are we expecting him to be Nostradamus? Gosselin still has some of the best information out there.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #25
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I wonder where you come up with your stuff sometimes

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...k-drafter.html

Quote:
If they awarded a championship belt to the mock draft king, Dallas Morning News columnist Rick Gosselin would have it based on accuracy and a willingness to submerge himself in prospects' minutiae for two months each spring. At the 2009 NFL combine, Gosselin talked to 220 of the 335 invited prospects.
Old 04-21-2009   #26
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

The pick Gosselin made for us looks to be a fantasy. It seems like the Redskins might take him....

per kffl.com -

Redskins | Interested in Orakpo
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 07:43:45 -0700

Jason La Canfora, of The Washington Post, reports Texas DE/OLB Brian Orakpo is a player the Washington Redskins value greatly and someone team officials have indicated they would pounce on should he slip to the No. 13 overall pick in the NFL Draft.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #27
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no doubt that the draft "could" turn out like this. But I have a hard time seeing...

A.) Orakpo taken after Maybin (To me Maybin is more of a project)
B.) Sanchez going #4 (Dude has 1 year of football under his belt. And Seattle has a QB. Hasselbeck will be back and they will take a LT or defender. I project #12 Denver.)
C.) Freeman going #10 (Besides being big and having a great arm, what makes him a top 10 prospect? I have him around #19 the bucs down to the 2nd round.)
D.) Rey Rey falling to #23 (Falling past San Diego, NYJ, and Denver. I think he would be a great fit at ILB for a 3-4 team.

But all in all there is no reason why the draft couldnt fall that way. And I would be ECSTATIC to hear Orakpo's name get called at #15.

Last edited by Blake; 04-21-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #28
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
The pick Gosselin made for us looks to be a fantasy. It seems like the Redskins might take him....

per kffl.com -

Redskins | Interested in Orakpo
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 07:43:45 -0700

Jason La Canfora, of The Washington Post, reports Texas DE/OLB Brian Orakpo is a player the Washington Redskins value greatly and someone team officials have indicated they would pounce on should he slip to the No. 13 overall pick in the NFL Draft.
I look at that same quote and wonder what they are really thinking. It's not in the best interest of any franchise to be too candid right before the draft. It would be akin to showing your cards before you try to raise the pot in a poker game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009   #29
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I look at that same quote and wonder what they are really thinking. It's not in the best interest of any franchise to be too candid right before the draft. It would be akin to showing your cards before you try to raise the pot in a poker game.
Vinny, these are the same guys that traded into the first round days before the draft and announced to the NFL that they wanted Jason Campbell. Then, they sat there on draft day and took him. It always amazes me how guys at this level of a great business can consistently act so foolishly and use such poor judgement. It is moves like that which reinforce my confidence to second guess NFL coaches and GMs.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read