Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2009   #1
Killer Bee
Rookie

Rep Power: 487 Killer Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Killer Bee's Mock

One week out from the draft, looming trades of Braylon Edwards and Anquan Boldin could be detrimental for all current mocks. Just for a change, surprise picks litter the top 10 of this mock.

1. Detroit – Matthew Stafford
I really wanted the safer pick of Jason Smith here due to the track record of junior QBs. With a 0-16 season what do you have to lose? “$money$” Stafford backs up Culpepper for half the season.

2. St. Louis – Jason Smith
Standard pick, Smith replace Orlando Pace.

3. Kansas City – Eugene Monroe
Monroe is reunited with Brandon Albert to protect the Franchise QB. In my humble opinion, Aaron Curry isn’t worth #3 overall money in a 3-4 defense.

4. Seattle – B.J. Raji
Sanchez is a possibility but I make a reach with Raji. He provides an immediate impact for Mora in the run defense. Curry should be the pick but Seattle has a lot of money already invested in LBs.

5. Cleveland – Michael Crabtree
With a possible Edwards’ trade and Stallworth facing a prison sentence, the Browns select the biggest playmaker in the draft.

6. Cincinnati – Aaron Curry
Value pick. Two LBs selected in the first round in consecutive years.

7. Oakland – Andre Smith
No playmaker for Al here. Sugar tits protects Russell and paves the way for McFadden.

8. Jacksonville – Jeremy Maclin
The Jags could use an OT but the best are off the board. Maclin bolsters the depleted WR roster and adds return ability.

9. Green Bay – Brian Orakpo
Top pass rusher falls to the Capers defense. I personally like him better as a 4-3 DE.

10. San Francisco – Aaron Maybin
Like Seattle the 49ers pass on Sanchez. They take the pass rusher with the best first step and a very high ceiling.

11. Buffalo – Robert Ayers
The Bills select the best pure 4-3 DE. They look to fill the void of Peters at LT later.

12. Denver – Tyson Jackson
Denver has lots of holes to fill in its defensive conversion. Jackson will play the 5 technique.

13. Washington – Mark Sanchez
Sanchez’s free fall ends at the pocket book of Snyder.

14. New Orleans – Chris Wells
Saints ignore defensive needs in the first round and add a physical dimension to their prolific offence.

15. Houston – Clay Matthews
Yeah I know, no Malcolm Jenkins, sorry. Wish I was creative enough to make an original pick. I fear change.

16. San Diego – Michael Oher
The Chargers just missed out on a tackle last year. They fill their quota this year.

17. New York – Knowshon Moreno
Rex Ryan doesn’t have a talented QB so he’ll run the ball. Josh Freeman doesn’t belong in the first.

18. Denver – Rey Maualuga
Rey will be a thumper in the run game, something Denver lacked last year.

19. Tampa Bay - Malcolm Jenkins
Jenkins is a great value for the Bucs. He’s the epitome of a cover 2 corner.

20. Detroit – Eben Britton
Tackle is a premium position in this league and the Lions select the best of the second tier of tackles.

21. Philadelphia – Brandon Pettigrew
Eagles could select any number of offensive skill positions. They take the best of both worlds with Pettigrew’s blocking and pass catching ability.

22. Minnesota – Darius Butler
Not an easy pick for the Vikings. Sydney Rice hasn’t produced and Rosencopter could use a TE threat like Jared Cook. Offensive tackle and the vacancy left by Matt Burke at center all need attention but above prevailing wisdom they go DB instead.

23. New England – Everette Brown
Browns unlikely tumble this far down the draft concludes here. Alphonso Smith along with his football instincts will probably be the pick at #34.

24. Atlanta – Peria Jerry
The Falcons tune-up their d-line with an explosive DT.

25. Miami – James Laurinaitis
Cornerback is a strong possibility but the former Buckeye has Parcells written all over him. He has the best production of all the LBs in this draft.

26. Baltimore – Darrius Heyward-Bey
Flacco’s arm + Heyward-Bey’s speed = Touchdown

27. Indianapolis – Evander Hood
The Colts add one more ultra quick d-lineman to terrorize the AFC South.

28. Buffalo – William Beatty
Tackles always go quick and the Bills have to fill Jason Peter’s shoes.

29. New York – Kenny Britt
Bye bye Plaxico, hello Kenny Britt.

30. Tennessee – Perc y Harvin
The Titans love head cases. Enter Percy Harvin.

31. Arizona – Donald Brown
The Connecticut RB helps corral the pass happy Cardinals.

32. Pittsburgh – Eric Wood
The Steelers need offensive line help and Wood is the mauler they covet.

I know everybody’s tired of mocks and ready for the real deal but what do you think of my first mock?

Last edited by Killer Bee; 04-19-2009 at 03:43 AM.
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read