Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-17-2009   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default PFW Mock Draft (4-17-09)

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...mock041709.htm

15. Houston Texans

OLB Brian Cushing, USC

The Texans must address their defense through this draft, and Cushing could bring the energy desired to increase its tempo and fill a big void that was created late in the season when Zach Diles suffered a career-threatening injury.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009   #2
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PFW Mock Draft (4-17-09)

I like Cushing at 15 for us but is there actually a feeling that Diles' injury was career threatening? I am always skeptical about people who don't actually cover the Texans throwing that word out.
Old 04-17-2009   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I like Cushing at 15 for us but is there actually a feeling that Diles' injury was career threatening? I am always skeptical about people who don't actually cover the Texans throwing that word out.
I haven't heard that anywhere. Maybe I missed it, but I thought he was just a little slow on his rehab right now.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't hear that the injury was career threatening but I read an article several months ago that said the surgery involved a metal plate and several metal pins to put the bone back together again. That sure sounds career threatening and doesn't sound like something he'll come back from. I have serious doubt that Diles plays pro football again.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I'm always skeptical about the injury information the Texans give out. Or don't give out.

Going LB in the 1st makes a lot of sense if Diles is not available. They may need to go LB twice in their 1st 5 picks. I hope the Texans can move down in th 1st before taking one of these USC OLBs. I'm pretty much convinced that's were their going with the pick.
Old 04-17-2009   #6
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'm always skeptical about the injury information the Texans give out. Or don't give out.

Going LB in the 1st makes a lot of sense if Diles is not available. They may need to go LB twice in their 1st 5 picks. I hope the Texans can move down in th 1st before taking one of these USC OLBs. I'm pretty much convinced that's were their going with the pick.
That is so true and its the reason I couldn't completely dismiss the possibility his injury is more serious than we are being told. Hopefully Zach is going to be alright because even if we go LB early Diles is still valuable depth and seems to be a good guy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read