Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 04-15-2009   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You know why there is a hole at the top of the new Texas Stadium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Can you say Unions...triples the cost of labor.
You're preaching to the choir... Don't even get me started.
Old 04-15-2009   #22
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I'm not in line for tickets to see the Jonas Brothers and was really surprised when they were the featured entainers at the half-time show last Thanksgiving given the age group that they appeal to. What I find interesting is a sell-out at Toyota is roughly 16K, while Cowboys Stadium for a concert would be probably quadruple that number. I am mainly curious about the number of tickets that will be sold in Dallas in comparison to Houston and why.
LOL at the "dude" comment....

Aren't the Jonas Bros. the "male" version of Miley Cyrus?

They live up there...just bought a mansion somewhere in the Metroplex...maybe they have alot of friends they are inviting!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009   #23
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I guess the question as to who's got the bragging rights to the new stadium up there must be fast and furious between Dallas and FTW/Arlington ?
I know there's always been a lot of competition between Dallas & FTW.
Not really!Those of us from Ft. Worth know we have a prettier city, friendlier people and most of the money is real old money.
Old 04-15-2009   #24
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Not really!Those of us from Ft. Worth know we have a prettier city, friendlier people and most of the money is real old money.
I'm not sure that anyone other than your typical Dallas snob would argue with that. I prefer Fort Worth folks over Dallas folks any day of the week.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Off topic

Why are most of the Union Labor states having financial difficulties?

LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009   #26
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Much more ergonomically comfort friendly than the old version...........expect G-d to take advantage of the facilities often...........usually on Sundays.

It looks like it has something getting shoved into its backside.

What is that?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009   #27
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

What is that?
I reckon it's an area for a retractable field?
Old 04-15-2009   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What is that?
Cornholed??
Old 04-15-2009   #29
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'm not sure that anyone other than your typical Dallas snob would argue with that. I prefer Fort Worth folks over Dallas folks any day of the week.
Have you not heard of the "Wright Amendment" named after former Speaker-of-the-House James Wright ? Those 2 cities battles over that for literally decades.
But the Bass family is I suppose old money ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009   #30
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Have you not heard of the "Wright Amendment" named after former Speaker-of-the-House James Wright ? Those 2 cities battles over that for literally decades.
But the Bass family is I suppose old money ?
I'm not sure who you were talking to on this one or if the response was meant for me. The Bass family is family made older money. But those of us who grew up in Ft. Worth...23 years.. know that the areas of town like Westover Hills and other West Side areas is full of old school socialites from oil money and old time family money. Dallas has alot more $30,000 credit card millionaires. Of course my sister lives in University Park/Highland Park and I love she and her friends, etc. But alot of it is new money and I still find the scenery better and the people friendlier in Ft. Worth. Plus you have TCU and its surrounding area so it is a great college town. SMU is basically just University Park. The Wright Amendment was more for Southwest and Love Field than that big of a city battle. I just know that most of us from Ft. Worth hate the fact that people combine the two and say..."so how was Dallas when you were there?"

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 04-15-2009 at 02:31 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Could that tell us something about the differences in musical tastes between the two cities??

Other than the 40+ shows put on by Rodeo, Metallica and the Stones have played Reliant.
I can't really knock DFW for music...after all, Pantera and Stevie Ray Vaughan were from Dallas.
Old 04-15-2009   #32
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I'm not sure who you were talking to on this one or if the response was meant for me. The Bass family is family made older money. But those of us who grew up in Ft. Worth...23 years.. know that the areas of town like Westover Hills and other West Side areas is full of old school socialites from oil money and old time family money. Dallas has alot more $30,000 credit card millionaires. Of course my sister lives in University Park/Highland Park and I love she and her friends, etc. But alot of it is new money and I still find the scenery and better and the people friendlier in Ft. Worth. Plus you have TCU and its surrounding area so it is a great college town.
I've used that expression numerous times when describing some Dallasites.
Old 04-15-2009   #33
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What is that?
for some reason this post reminds me of a joke I heard involving Witten Romo, and a trip to Cabo. Nah I wont use it.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009   #34
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Wright Amendment was more for Southwest and Love Field than that big of a city battle.
The earlier post was directed to you but a moment of confusion on my part caused me to respond to the other poster in error. Sorry.
But I have to partially correct this comment because you're right but only in part. And it did certainly involve Love field and Southwest Airlines, but just as importantly it involved DFW airport and AMR, which is based in FTW while Southwest is based in Dallas. So the battle was drawn along the
lines of FTW/AMR/DFW vs Dallas/Southwest/Love. The Wright Amendment was enacted origionally by Congress to protect and promote DFW in its infancy vs the established Dallas airport. Afterall, as a full partner with Dallas the city of FTW was intensly interesed in the success of DFW airport as a way to promote its commercial interests. It had no airport of its own at the time as Dallas did. I know quite a bit about it because I was a Southwest shareholder back in the day.
As a FTW native you might want to check the whole history out sometime.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009   #35
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
The earlier post was directed to you but a moment of confusion on my part caused me to respond to the other poster in error. Sorry.
But I have to partially correct this comment because you're right but only in part. And it did certainly involve Love field and Southwest Airlines, but just as importantly it involved DFW airport and AMR, which is based in FTW while Southwest is based in Dallas. So the battle was drawn along the
lines of FTW/AMR/DFW vs Dallas/Southwest/Love. The Wright Amendment was enacted origionally by Congress to protect and promote DFW in its infancy vs the established Dallas airport. Afterall, as a full partner with Dallas the city of FTW was intensly interesed in the success of DFW airport as a way to promote its commercial interests. It had no airport of its own at the time as Dallas did. I know quite a bit about it because I was a Southwest shareholder back in the day.
As a FTW native you might want to check the whole history out sometime.
I knew as much, I just didn't want to go to far into detail and hijack. But you are right as to what happened. In the last few years of the fight though, it turned into really Southwest standing its ground and being independent and being able to use Love instead of following the herd to DFW, like most everyone did. In the beginning though there was only Love and the Ft. Worth airport, Greater Southwest. When they made the deal for DFW, Southwest wasn't established so they claimed not to have to make the trek to DFW.
Old 04-15-2009   #36
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Is there any way, someone could build a giant plunger and put it right next to the stadium?

That's what they need. A "Plunger of Honor" with all the cow patties names on it. Photoshop here I come.
Old 04-15-2009   #37
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a glory hole.
Old 04-16-2009   #38
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29537 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

The shaft is actually a shuttle train line, and the hole in the roof is the helicopter escape route, for when Romo screws up their playoff chances again, and he needs to get out of there. "Romo-Friendly".
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009   #39
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Ummm..the stadium is actually pretty kick ass with the 20-20 video screens, etc. It will be awesome!Continue on.............
Old 04-16-2009   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
It's a glory hole.

Quote:
Ummm..the stadium is actually pretty kick ass with the 20-20 video screens, etc. It will be awesome!Continue on.............
No problem.

For a Billion + dollars, I would hope Nitro is right - that it's a glory hole.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read