Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-30-2009   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Site Donation FYI

1.) You do not need to have a Paypal account to donate through Paypal. There is an area that says ...
Don't have a PayPal account?
Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue

Just click continue and you can proceed.

2.) If you are uncomfortable with submitting a credit card online you can send a check. To do so send it to ...
Texans Talk (also make the check out to Texans Talk)
7805 Elkhorn Mountain Trail
Austin, Texas 78729

3.) If you are not planning to donate please do not click the green "Donate" link, click an amount and submit just out of curiosity. This creates an unconfirmed donation.

4.) For now the donation goal is set to $150 a month. Our actual expense is $300 per month. However I have allowed another NFL team to host their board on our server. I am hoping between both of us we can reach the $300 per month to cover this thing.

New 9/22/2011 Many of you have asked me if there is a way to make automatic monthly donations like a subscription. We have that set up now for any that wish to contribute in this way. In the navigation bar in the header you will now see a link called "Automatic Monthly Contribution". Click that and subscribe. This is through Paypal and you can login to your Paypal account at any time and stop the autopay if you wish to stop.

As always we always appreciate the donations and your support!
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Site Donation FYI

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth

Quote:
The fan chat board hosted by the Tennessee Titans' web site disappeared not too long ago, prompting a few questions.

I've emailed a few people who got in touch with the explanation that I got: the Titans recently flipped their web site over to an NFL platform, and while the league brings teams on board it is not supporting message boards yet. There could be a deal for all 32 clubs in the works.

The team created an official Facebook page to help offset the loss.

I've also pointed some people to titanscentral.net, a long-standing independent board fueled by what seems to me to be a good group of people, many of whom have helped me out in the past and several of whom keep me on my toes here at the AFC South Blog.

But it turns out a board intended to replace the TOMB (Titans Official Message Board) has surfaced -- titanstailgate.com is working, but you need this link to get there. It has no official affiliation with the team.

The back story of how it came to be is an interesting one, according to Jesse in Nashville who emailed me:

The benefactor ended up being the owner of TexansTalk.com who saw the plight of the TOMB and stepped up to help out some fellow AFC South fans. When surprised with the amount of money titans fans donated to the new message board, the Texans [board] owner wrote, "First of all I want to thank everyone here for the donations. In case you haven't read between the lines this new board is being hosted on the TexansTalk.com server. I know many of you guys personally and I am happy to help you guys out (despite any ill feelings I may have for the team you root for)."

Doesn't it make you all mushy inside? It's a Texans fan helping out the fans of the team that fled his city in 1997, creating the void his new team was created to fill.

It's like when Dr. Peter Venkman said in Ghostbusters, "Dogs and cats, living together; mass hysteria."

It turns out, the administrator of the new site, Yvette Thomas, had become friends over the years with Kevin Bilberry of TexansTalk.com.

Said Thomas:

"When I was informed the TOMB's demise was imminent, I called Kevin to ask about his overhead. I needed hard numbers to see what we were up against. When I told him our concept and our plans for content, he said his server should be big enough to handle our load. That was an offer I was stunned to receive. We promptly installed a donation app on the board with all funds going directly to him. We intend to always be good tenants and whatever we can do to offset his cost is fine by all of us."
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Awesome job Kevin, you da man.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

it chills my heart to know I've donated to the TOMB, when they spew so much hatred at the Texans.

All in all though, gracious gesture Hook Em.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

My compliments to Kevin. Let's keep up with our part too as we should never be outdone. Hey where else do you get to talk with me for only $5?
Old 04-14-2009   #6
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
My compliments to Kevin. Let's keep up with our part too as we should never be outdone. Hey where else do you get to talk with me for only $5?
I can get you for 2.99, but only for a minute.

If I had known the other team was the titans, perhaps I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on a donation. JK...kinda

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #7
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post

If I had known the other team was the titans, perhaps I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on a donation. JK...kinda
Take the good with the bad, I guess. If I have to subsidize the TOMB to keep this board up.... well, I'll keep on sending my $5 per month.
Old 04-14-2009   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post

And don't try to call me collect either! You are just too funny! Have you recovered from Ike? I was told the construction crews were to start re-model soon of my building and one behind
it. Still looks like Lebanon.
Old 04-14-2009   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

So in other words, the Texans were cool in giving us the official MB board history to here so we could continue it and replace the aging MB that was the old TT.com.

And the Titans created some lame face book page, and the only way their official board could save itself was to ask for help of a cool Texan fan.

Dogs and cats living together indeed!

Seems to me that this is yet another illustration of how little concern Bud Adams and his organization has to its most dedicated fans. They can only hope that this is the worst of it. I've never really hated Titan fans--usually I just feel sorry for them because Bud is their owner. Man cares little about the fans other than lining his own pocketbooks.

Contributors are cool.
Old 04-14-2009   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Take the good with the bad, I guess. If I have to subsidize the TOMB to keep this board up.... well, I'll keep on sending my $5 per month.

It figures. They had to have our help to get a team in the first place. Now they need our help to talk about it.
Old 04-14-2009   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375231 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

ugh...now I feel all icky inside.

Props to Kevin for being a decent human being, but dern, it just had to be the ICOU, didn't it?
Old 04-14-2009   #12
TITAN1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of Famer

It was the NFL, not Bud Adams. Thanks Kevin, you and I are living proof that diehard fans from different teams can be friends and get along just fine.
TITAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITAN1 View Post
It was the NFL, not Bud Adams. Thanks Kevin, you and I are living proof that diehard fans from different teams can be friends and get along just fine.
Yeah, one of my real good friends is a titan fan, it can be hard to overlook sometimes....
Old 04-14-2009   #14
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It figures. They had to have our help to get a team in the first place. Now they need our help to talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
ugh...now I feel all icky inside.

Props to Kevin for being a decent human being, but dern, it just had to be the ICOU, didn't it?
I felt like I needed to take a shower after reading that (kinda like that scene at the end of Texan_Bil's favorite movie - the Crying Game)
Old 04-14-2009   #15
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93139 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Take it from me; this was a great offer from Kevin and as one of the originals that will hopefully turn the site into something as terrific as this place, I can only hope for the best and say thank you.

We Titan fans aren't all bad.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #16
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 35170 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
... and the only way their official board could save itself was to ask for help of a cool Texan fan.
The official TOMB tailgate, not the actual board.

Paul Kuharsky knew that but it's not as much fun, it made a better story and I love it. It's helped old friends find us and Kevin got some great publicity along the way, too

Before I forget and as it should be, we're subsidizing your site. We're cool with that too!
Old 04-14-2009   #17
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
Before I forget and as it should be, we're subsidizing your site. We're cool with that too!
Wow. Titans fans and Texans fans all working together for a common cause. Maybe this will end our contentious relationship and we'll all be able to sit around, enjoy a glass of chardonnay, and spend an evening talking about our feelings!

** if it works for us, and it works for y'all and I still have a board to screw around on while stuck at work, then so be it!
Old 04-14-2009   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
The official TOMB tailgate, not the actual board.

Paul Kuharsky knew that but it's not as much fun, it made a better story and I love it. It's helped old friends find us and Kevin got some great publicity along the way, too

I'm glad that Hook'em did this. Really glad. I love fans of other teams helping other teams' fans. I'm not a Titans fan but what does that have to do with people who are Titans fans? Not much, really. We all love NFL football just the same. Let's play some football is what it's all about for me. If we can spread what we have here, I'm HAPPY with that.

I'm really proud of Hook'em. Props!

What does subsidizing the site mean? I have absolutely no idea what it means.
Old 04-14-2009   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, so, I just clicked on that little green Donate link just to check it out, and found I can give directly on my credit card. Had I know that I wouldn't have used up a stamp to mail yall a check. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009   #20
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

well, let me stop all of this hugging and brotherhood crapola with a nice solid "Titans suck".

A Present and Future Contributor.

Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read