Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-09-2009   #21
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Complete Seven Round Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
As I recall, the NFL's statement on the subject was to the effect that the results were either not yet known or not yet released to any of the teams. The NFL did not say that the Cushing's or Matthews' tests were clean. Big difference.
I believe they said that all players that tested positive have already been notified personally. And since neither Cushing or Matthews has been notified by the league of a positive test they are both clean.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #22
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Cushing and Matthews were cleared by the league's testing. The original story was false.
link please.....what was confirmed...

is that Doctor Lumbardo has not released the results to anyone. Not the particapants, not the teams and not the comissioner, no one.
....and they won't be until this week. What was confirmed is that there is no way that the slime who posted it ,nor the sources he claims he has, could have known....anything. The sources have been discredited....the test is yet to be released.
Old 04-10-2009   #23
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd much rather have A Smith than Cushing. And if the Texans have a shot at Unger in the 2nd and pass him up I'll be more than furious. We've addressed corner pretty solidly IMO with Reeves, Dunta, Bennett, Molden and I would like a mid to late round addition for depth. I'd probably end up with Matthews/Unger (surprise, I know) from cherry picking your draft. Day 2 picks look just fine to me though!
So are you posting....you'd rather have a nickel corner and a back up interior offensive lineman....before you'd pick a legitimate guy with a chance to dislodge a starter, full time, from day one of the season ? Inquiring minds wish to know ?

I'll give you cushing is better insurance for the SAM. Stouter against the run. But, Mathews is clearly the better play making prospect at this point. And playing behind Mario...he's going to be well protected.
Old 04-11-2009   #24
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you guys do a good job. I do have a suggestion though: check your positional rankings. For example, you have Mike Goodson going in the 4th round, but he is not even in the RB positional rankings, which has 90 players.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #25
NFLRoughDraft
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 NFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
I think you guys do a good job. I do have a suggestion though: check your positional rankings. For example, you have Mike Goodson going in the 4th round, but he is not even in the RB positional rankings, which has 90 players.
Yep, those rankings were done a very long time ago and we're updating them this week.

The new RB, QB, FB, and TE rankings should be posted in the next day or two. The "Top 100" is being re-worked as well.

For now, the only up-to-date postional ranking is WR.
NFLRoughDraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #26
NFLRoughDraft
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 NFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respected

I go to alot of these different team boards, but you guys are easily among the best when it comes to knowledge of your team.

When I needed a David Carr scouting report you guys were on it and when I needed some feedback on the 2008 Texans team needs you guys were there again.

Once again, you've all come through and posted two pages worth of excellent commentary. Seriously...Thank you!!!
Old 04-13-2009   #27
NFLRoughDraft
Rookie

Quote:
I'd much rather have A Smith than Cushing. And if the Texans have a shot at Unger in the 2nd and pass him up I'll be more than furious. We've addressed corner pretty solidly IMO with Reeves, Dunta, Bennett, Molden and I would like a mid to late round addition for depth. I'd probably end up with Matthews/Unger (surprise, I know) from cherry picking your draft. Day 2 picks look just fine to me though!
The reason we didn't go with Andre Smith is because (in our opinion) he is a guard in a zone scheme.

You're absolutely right about Unger; he'd be a great selection in the second round.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read