Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2009   #341
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The I hate Dickie Injustice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
No, it's because you're steadfast in your defense of that slimeball Justice without knowing all the facts i.e. not seeing his disparaging remarks towards Steph and just assuming she's full of it. Nothing worse than a know-it-all who doesn't know it all. That's why you get labeled a flamethrower.

I'm glad you're confident in your ways, or at least you think you are. But as is usually the case, with youngsters in particular these days, they don't know the difference between being confident and being an arrogant prick. I'm not saying that applies to you...I don't know you. But your internet persona comes off that way and unfortunately more times than not, I've seen it carry over into who you are off the 'net.

So if you're confident, fine. Hell maybe you're confident in being an arrogant prick, I don't know. But that's why you get the label...flamethrower or whatever the case may be. So now you know.
I don't think Steph is full of it. Far from it.

Sincerely,

"Roc Blowtorch"
Old 04-10-2009   #342
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
LOL...thats why you my boy, hoss.

I am not knocking anyone. I know for a fact that TC is very intelligent lady. I just read for grins the barbs being thrown at a blank wall til the piling on Nunusguy. Been here forever and he gets called out for stating his view.

And no one threw out "lawsuit"...she did. If it's not an option then why bring it up? People are sick of lawyers and bogus litigation. That will quickly rub others the wrong way. "Loser pays" should solve that.

*Roc is in no way implying that TC is that type of attorney. I have no clue what field she specializes in, what she has been involved in, ect.*

Ok...you can get my goat. This would be how...

Captain Mickey comes on his outdoors show and says..."That a-hole, Roc can't fish. That sorry SOB couldn't even catch a cold....much less a hardhead on dead shrimp."

Okay...he'd be questioning my manhood then. I can too catch a cold. I had the sniffles last week.

But I won't hit my favorite fishing board and post it all up. And I wouldn't knock anyone that disagrees with me.

This arrogant prick is off to shower, then I will take that c-note over to Sushi Hana (the new one..99 and Westaprk Toll Road) and suck on some sake' at the bar.

Join me...the first Kirwin is on me.
Hey now no need to bring him into this.
Old 04-10-2009   #343
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just read for grins the barbs being thrown at a blank wall til the piling on Nunusguy. Been here forever and he gets called out for stating his view.
Come on man...nunus is old, but he's crotchety. He could care less if someone else carries his water.

Quote:
And no one threw out "lawsuit"...she did.
No, actually it was the guy that runs this website that threw it out.

Quote:
Ok...you can get my goat. This would be how...

Captain Mickey comes on his outdoors show and says..."That a-hole, Roc can't fish. That sorry SOB couldn't even catch a cold....much less a hardhead on dead shrimp."

Okay...he'd be questioning my manhood then. I can too catch a cold. I had the sniffles last week.
But then, to borrow from your Jay Mohr quote, it really wouldn't matter. We all know that no one's up at that time of the morning to listen to Captain Mickey except for meth heads that never went to sleep the night before and are looking for something to do until they get tired enough to actually get some shuteye.

We would hypothetically get into legal territory when VanderCarr comes on in the next show. (To borrow from what Spec was saying) this Roc Hoover guy was over babysitting the VanderBaby and he compares Roc to Michael Jackson.

You would then have recourse to sue VanderCarr...and with damn good reason. Like you said earlier, everyone knows Roc likes soccer moms. Maybe VanderCarr was just pissed cuz Roc hit on VanderBaby's soccer mom.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 04-11-2009   #344
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

sadly I feel victim to looking at about 4 or 5 of his blogs and read them.. It is like a train wreck and with that is why I looked at the blog comments in the first place. I couldn't believe that a "professional" journalist would come out and say the things he has commented on.

I expect it from ,say, profootball talk or the national enquirer or even the U.S. News you see at the grocery store (not U.S. news and world report). I would expect football talk from a major newspaper.. Sure there are going to be dimwits posting comments on a blog,but as a "professional" journalist, they should rise above that. I am seriously suprised the Chronicle puts up with that(but again it IS the comical, because HE does represent the newspaper.

But hey, he is trying to be a "shock" journalist, I guess but it makes him look stupid. And if all the Comical cares about is hits on the site. he is getting that.

He reminds me of "Clark" in good will hunting

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film555/quotes
And this quote from the movie sums up my feelings

Quote:
Will: See, the sad thing about a guy like you is, in 50 years you're gonna start doin' some thinkin' on your own and you're going to come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life: one, don't do that, and two, you dropped 150 grand on a *******in' education you could have got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library!
And IF he is just trying to be funny, I don't see it.

He might be trying to be like Howard Stern.. just people watching or listening just to hear what he is going to say next, but I grew out of that

Last edited by Wolf; 04-11-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-11-2009   #345
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I am the one who questioned folks man hood. Any man who thinks it is ok for a man to talk to Steph the way rj did then he is not much of a man and I will question the lack of man hood he has. Women should be treated with respect and if you do not your not much of a man.
Old 04-11-2009   #346
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 1332 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just taking a random drive by here, but this Roc dude, really seems to be overcompensating for something with all of his third person references, and need to prove he is in control of his life.

Quote:
I have my hands firmly on the wheel....

Who actually writes that about themselves?

I almost felt embarrassment for him just reading that. I suppose in this day and age deuche baggery knows no bounds.

What is it man? Tiny pee pee, extreme obesity, not enough nurturing from your mommy? How many times a day did you get picked on in school?

Wow what a tough guy waging a war of sarcasm and weak rhetoric while the rest us stand back and giggle at your insecurity.
Old 04-11-2009   #347
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Come on man...nunus is old, but he's crotchety. He could care less if someone else carries his water.

No, actually it was the guy that runs this website that threw it out.

But then, to borrow from your Jay Mohr quote, it really wouldn't matter. We all know that no one's up at that time of the morning to listen to Captain Mickey except for meth heads that never went to sleep the night before and are looking for something to do until they get tired enough to actually get some shuteye.

We would hypothetically get into legal territory when VanderCarr comes on in the next show. (To borrow from what Spec was saying) this Roc Hoover guy was over babysitting the VanderBaby and he compares Roc to Michael Jackson.

You would then have recourse to sue VanderCarr...and with damn good reason. Like you said earlier, everyone knows Roc likes soccer moms. Maybe VanderCarr was just pissed cuz Roc hit on VanderBaby's soccer mom.
I'm not a meth head and I listen to captain mickey every weekend.
Old 04-11-2009   #348
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Richies a fine man and a good American.
It's not becoming of people to say these mean and hateful things about him.
Afterall he's just trying to pay the bills, feed the family, put kids thru school, etc. like the rest of us.
Old 04-11-2009   #349
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he was laid off some time ago.

^^^Dick's first job.^^^
Old 04-11-2009   #350
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Afterall he's just trying to pay the bills, feed the family, put kids thru school, etc. like the rest of us.
I can't speak for what sort of man he is other than my dealings with him and what he writes or says publicly. I do not know him.

Ultimately, I think that everyone is best served by focusing criticism on what people say and not specifically the person. Personally, I'm not terribly keen on the title of this thread.

If you are a writer, you will write some words you are proud of and some not so much. He writes a lot of words so I'm guessing he has greater odds of some of them being pretty ridiculous.

And I'm not thinking that Texan fan on Texan fan crackbacks are particularly cool. There's not large numbers of us in the world, so we might as well be cool with each other.

In other words, I think this thread is pretty deadhorsed until the next time RJ says some durned foolish or worse.
Old 04-11-2009   #351
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Thats not the point.

Justice hides behind his blog, altering what people say and erasing key points that make other bloggers look foolish. He is a coward. He wants to write stupid, opinionated, and nonfactual material, fine, but stand by them. However he doesn't.

The Texans may be new to Houston, and forgive the cliché, this isn't our first Rodeo and most of us have forgotten more about football than he will ever know.

Last edited by TEXANRED; 04-11-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-11-2009   #352
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I can't speak for what sort of man he is other than my dealings with him and what he writes or says publicly. I do not know him.

Ultimately, I think that everyone is best served by focusing criticism on what people say and not specifically the person. Personally, I'm not terribly keen on the title of this thread.

If you are a writer, you will write some words you are proud of and some not so much. He writes a lot of words so I'm guessing he has greater odds of some of them being pretty ridiculous.

And I'm not thinking that Texan fan on Texan fan crackbacks are particularly cool. There's not large numbers of us in the world, so we might as well be cool with each other.

In other words, I think this thread is pretty deadhorsed until the next time RJ says some durned foolish or worse.
Thanks for staying above the fray. RJ is the Jerry Springer of the Houston Chronicle. He gets people to read his column based on the outrageous things he writes. It must be depressing to grow up with aspirations of being a journalist and your career turns out like this. I actually feel sorry for him. That will not make me read his columns.
Old 04-11-2009   #353
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

It may not sound like it, but I've really had a lot of fun on this thread the past couple of days. I guess that says something no so good about me that the only time I get really involved in this board is when a good non-football argument is brewing.

I've sobered up since my last post, so I'll get back to the point here. Traditional sportswriters in general are so resentful of bloggers because they routinely get scooped by them and the bloggers are more knowledgeable than the sportswriters. Anyone who doesn't believe me should watch this video where a bunch of sportswriters gang up the Deadspin blogger.

Richard Justice (if that's his real name) is no exception. He's an extremely bitter guy that can't deal with getting called out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I'm not a meth head and I listen to captain mickey every weekend.
Lighten up dude. That was a joke. I also listen to him to while I get ready for work because my radio can't pick up any other stations at that time of the morning.

Ultimately I have no hard feelings towards anyone in this thread except Justice himself. Having said that, I'll still read his articles because I can appreciate a non-homer's perspective.

And sometimes there's at least a (small) grain of truth in what he writes.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 04-11-2009   #354
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Having said that, I'll still read his articles because I can appreciate a non-homer's perspective.

And sometimes there's at least a (small) grain of truth in what he writes.
Not me. A non-homers perspective is fine, but he isn't even that. Someone mentioned Jerry Springer and that's the perfect analogy. He writes solely to get a rise out of people, doesn't matter what the content is, and those in the audience supporting him are going "Richie, Richie, Richie".

For me, once you lose ALL credibility, which Justice did years ago, there's no reason to ever waste my time on it again. There are MUCH BETTER and much more professional options out there where I don't have to rot my brain with the garbage that guys like Dickie spews.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Old 04-12-2009   #355
Lucky

Rep Power: 189115 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this thread has run its course. Posters are taking more potshots at each other than Justice's work. If there is a Texan related column or blog penned by Justice that is worth comment, someone may start a new thread. Just not "i hate dickie" part 2.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read