Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-10-2009   #1
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 222777 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Sporting News 7-round Mock

The Sporting News Warroom posted their 7-rd mock draft.

Here are the selections the Texans are predicted to make:

1 (15) Malcolm Jenkins/CB/Ohio St.
2 (46) Darcel McBath/S/Tex. Tech.
3 (77) Ashlee Palmer/OLB/Ole Miss [I found it interesting that Max Unger was still on the board at this pt. He went to the 'Skins 3 picks later. Andre Brown went to the Cards late in this rd. I'd rather go with Brown or Unger here]
4 (112) Corvey Irvin/DT/Georgia
4 (122) Jaimie Thomas/OG/Maryland
5 (152) Mitch King/DE/Iowa
6 (188) Will Davis/DE?Illinois [back-to-back DE selections?? Mel, is that you?]
7 (223) Kevin Ogletree/WR/U.Va. [and we need a WR becaaaaause...? This is where I'd take a flyer on a project QB]

Don't like it myself. Eight picks and not a RB to be seen.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #2
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Sporting News 7-round Mock

I would not be happy taking McBath in the second.
Old 04-10-2009   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 263816 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The Sporting News Warroom posted their 7-rd mock draft.

Here are the selections the Texans are predicted to make:

1 (15) Malcolm Jenkins/CB/Ohio St.
2 (46) Darcel McBath/S/Tex. Tech.
3 (77) Ashlee Palmer/OLB/Ole Miss [I found it interesting that Max Unger was still on the board at this pt. He went to the 'Skins 3 picks later. Andre Brown went to the Cards late in this rd. I'd rather go with Brown or Unger here]
4 (112) Corvey Irvin/DT/Georgia
4 (122) Jaimie Thomas/OG/Maryland
5 (152) Mitch King/DE/Iowa
6 (188) Will Davis/DE?Illinois [back-to-back DE selections?? Mel, is that you?]
7 (223) Kevin Ogletree/WR/U.Va. [and we need a WR becaaaaause...? This is where I'd take a flyer on a project QB]

Don't like it myself. Eight picks and not a RB to be seen.
I'm fine with Malcolm Jenkins in the first.

This is WAY too early for Darcel McBath, Corey Irvin, and Jaimie Thomas.

I don't know much about Mitch King or Will Davis but those look like a OK picks from my board but I question making them one after the other.

I honestly don't even have Ashlee Palmer on my board.

I would be very surprised if Ogletree is around in the 7th. In our mock, he went at 164 and that might have been too late. I'd be happy with that.

(Although, let me say, I'm basing this off my board which is a conglomeration of several internet boards and of course, it could be just as wrong as the board the Sporting News is using. I'll probably add the Sporting News board into mine.)

But there's no way we don't pick up a running back in this draft. I don't think this guy knew much about the Texans.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

That draft sucks for us and I'd be pissed if it really went like that. Malcolm Jenkins in the 1st is a decent pick and I like McBath but that's way to early for him. Mitch King would be ok in the 5th but the rest is terrible.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #5
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 222777 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

As you can tell from my comments in the brackets, I was rather disappointed and somewhat confused by this mock. At least 2-3 of these guys are projects and most of them are reaches in the rds they're projected in.
I expected better from TSN.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty much with you....If they want someone to rotate with Antonio Smith they got to pull the trigger with one of the first three picks. And this is assuming that Sidbury will still fall to the 76th pick. What is wacked with this mock draft is he waited on the pass rusher and was to lazy to go back and fix it when he saw he painted himself into a corner. Basically he loaded us up with two more Antoine Smiths late.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read