Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-10-2009   #41
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: What is your main concern this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
I'm worried about facing the 3-4 teams in the AFC East and them absolutely man-handling Myers and then the possible injuries to Schaubby.

Oh, and our new defense being all talk instead of actually being agressive.
Me too. Our lines got pushed around 2nd game against the Titans. I want our lines pushing them around TY.
Old 04-10-2009   #42
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is your main concern this season?

1-That Bush turns out to be another Richard Smith

2-Schaub will have to dodge Chris Myers and dl on passing plays (draft Alex Mack)

3-Kubiak will continue to mishandle the clock, challenges, and play calling in pressure situations

4-Dunta Robinson becomes a locker room cancer

5-We reach on draft picks to fill needs instead of taking bpa (this years reach would be cb in the 1st)

6-Sign an aging rb to a long term contract and then draft a nobody in the 6th or 7th round because you think your system allows you to play just about any one cut and go back

7-Antonio Smith continues Weavers sackless streak

8-Amobi and Travis set new records for rushing yards allowed

9-Demeco plays like last year

10-Schaub doesn't make it through the entire season
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #43
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdroppa View Post
Still say that we aren't gonna get it done with little depth at running back. One hit and Moats is our starter. That isn't going to get it done.
But do you not agree RB will be addressed in draft and maybe x 2? Most fans are in agreement at least one will be selected.
Old 04-10-2009   #44
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
1-That Bush turns out to be another Richard Smith

2-Schaub will have to dodge Chris Myers and dl on passing plays (draft Alex Mack)

3-Kubiak will continue to mishandle the clock, challenges, and play calling in pressure situations

4-Dunta Robinson becomes a locker room cancer

5-We reach on draft picks to fill needs instead of taking bpa (this years reach would be cb in the 1st)

6-Sign an aging rb to a long term contract and then draft a nobody in the 6th or 7th round because you think your system allows you to play just about any one cut and go back

7-Antonio Smith continues Weavers sackless streak

8-Amobi and Travis set new records for rushing yards allowed

9-Demeco plays like last year

10-Schaub doesn't make it through the entire season
How many QB sacks or hurries leading to negative yards did Myers give up? I just don't remember him being a poor as you indicate?

Dunta is arguing for a contract and has not missed any requited team events. What gives you any concern he will be a cancer? Certainly nothing historically. His health may be an issue as to returning 100% but not his attitude.

Using your BPA system, at what point do you finally address a priority need?

Signing a FA "aging RB" seems to not be a concern unless after June 1st cuts. I think Smith has learned on signing those type backs. Most mocks have a back selected in 3rd or 4th.

I am with you on 7&8
Old 04-10-2009   #45
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh.

Don't really have any concerns with the Texans. Can't sweat it too much. our team is what it is. don't have much control over that.

I'm just more concerned if the season will ever get here! I'm so ready for some Texans football win or lose!
Old 04-10-2009   #46
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

My list doesn't mean I think these things will happen. They are things I don't want to happen this season. I'm as excited about the draft and upcoming season as the rest of the hardcore Texan fans.
Old 04-10-2009   #47
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
My list doesn't mean I think these things will happen. They are things I don't want to happen this season. I'm as excited about the draft and upcoming season as the rest of the hardcore Texan fans.
I was offering hope not attacking your thoughts. How would you address the three areas of need that Kubes and Smith identified? Stopping the run, increase scoring in Red Zone and DE opposite Mario Williams. Do you think Antonio Smith DE signed in Free Agency is all we need for that side of defensive line or would you draft another defensive end?
Old 04-10-2009   #48
bckey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
How would you address the three areas of need that Kubes and Smith identified? Stopping the run, increase scoring in Red Zone and DE opposite Mario Williams. Do you think Antonio Smith DE signed in Free Agency is all we need for that side of defensive line or would you draft another defensive end?

Stopping the run.

Tough one because Amobi and Johnson are who we have and the Texans have invested a whole lot of money in the dl. We need to draft a dt after the 1st round (unless Raji were to fall) that they think can fill the run stopping role. Okam might play better this year but who knows. Get another big boy and let the battle begin. Competition.

Increase scoring in the red zone.

I think drafting a guy like Alex Mack who is about as close to a sure thing as you can get and then drafting a back that is good at picking up tough yards would go along way. That is the only 2 picks I would use on offense in the draft.

Antonio Smith.

I think he is going to be a real suprise this year and be the de that the Texans have been looking for opposite Mario. He won't lead the team in sacks but he should provide enough pressure where teams can't double team Mario all the time. Add a fast lb to the mix and this defense could be exciting to watch. The middle of the line is what scares me.
Old 04-10-2009   #49
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
No one mentioned Jacoby Jones or special teams. I am sorta of surprised as this may be Jones last shot to keep a job.
I think JJ will be given T/C and pre-season to perform or lose his spot.
I'm hoping he has grown up some and steps up this year.
but if he doesn't...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read