Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 04-06-2009   #21
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thought yall may like this

VYs football career is effectively over - in Nashville. If there was anybody who ever needed a change of scenery its Vince Young. I have no idea where he should go but he needs a fresh start elsewhere if he's going to remain in the NFL.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

VY should be the poster child for revisions to the the way first round picks are paid. Dude is a multi-millionaire because of overwhelming hype. He is proof positive that success in college does not guarantee success in the NFL, and the fact that these high draft picks get paid such large sums of money when they have not even played a down in an NFL training camp is yet another example of what is wrong with the current system.

Pay the veterans that have proven themselves, and make the rookies earn it, IMHO.
Old 04-06-2009   #23
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=CloakNNNdagger;1153958]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I would think VY's greatest value would be if they could trade him. Kubiak's review of his play is that he can do some amazing things "off schedule." In other words, dude can freelance.

But if you want consistent, QB play, I think it would be a pain in the ass to try to incorporate him into your system and to take advantage of what he excels in. Especially, when his legs repeatedly have had problems. A non-running VY is not someone you want on the field.

The QB situation in the league is so weak, you'd think some team would take a flyer. Or maybe not. If you can't get on the field over Kerry Collins, it says something about you.[/QUOTE]

In addition, it is my firm belief that if it weren't for a childish "screw you" (Texans) game by Adams, VY would not have been Fischer's choice, and would now be fermenting on another team.
Exactly.

Bud Adams had a great few months parading Vince Young around in front of Houston and UT fans after we passed on him for eventual Pro-Bowler Mario Williams, but now the fanfare has passed.

Personally, I hope that VY finds success either with the Titans or another team before he's done though. I hope he gets another chance somewhere.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

A recorded call Vince to Suicide Hotline leaked.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #25
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 118233 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, VY's NFL career relies on his intelligence. At this point he doesn't have the intelligence to become a true NFL QB. If he's willing or able to learn, he might still have a chance to succeed at this level.

That's all I've got to say about that.
Old 04-06-2009   #26
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey ...I wouldn't count the guy out just yet. If he's lucky they'll trade him to some team that can turn him into a decent QB.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #27
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

At the time of the draft I really thought Tennessee would be smart about it and take Matt Leinart to pair up with Norm Chow or take the hometown hero Jay Cutler. Vince, imo should not have gone before Oakland. I think he would have been just the player to fit on the Raiders (would have looked real good in the black and silver). Having VY would obviously have effected their record but that gets us into the '07 draft when they should have taken Calvin Jonson over Jamarcus Russell.

Tennessee just had to go and screw things up for not only themselves but several other teams!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009   #28
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's athletic enough to still have a productive career, but I don't think he'll master reading defenses.
Old 04-08-2009   #29
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I think he's athletic enough to still have a productive career, but I don't think he'll master reading defenses.
I don't think his ego will allow him to go there. If he can't play QB he will probably quit football and come back to Austin to find a way to make of ton of money off of all his worshippers here.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009   #30
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I have a feeling that VY will end up a Texan as a backup one day...
My brother in law (Cowboy fan) says that if VY becomes a FA or something we should sign him just so that Bob Mcnair can take pictures holding up a middle finger to the league with Mario and Vince right next to him.

My wife says that since I took a picture with Kasey Studdard and not Vince at Texas Land and Cattle Company, Vince is going to end up being a Texan one day and I will regret that I never got his autograph or something.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009   #31
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
My brother in law (Cowboy fan) says that if VY becomes a FA or something we should sign him just so that Bob Mcnair can take pictures holding up a middle finger to the league with Mario and Vince right next to him.

My wife says that since I took a picture with Kasey Studdard and not Vince at Texas Land and Cattle Company, Vince is going to end up being a Texan one day and I will regret that I never got his autograph or something.
I've thought about this. Add in if Reggie Bush becomes a free agent. He'd be a good 3rd down back to compliment Slaton and double as our returnman too. I think it'd be great if we got all three when it's all said and done!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read