Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2005   #61
Barryfan20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
will this thread ever end? i don't care about joey harrington, and i'd think and probably accurately predict that most texans don't care about harrington. it's like apples and oranges. carr went to an expansion team and harrington went to a team thats been around for a long time. who should have played better? harrington who has played better? carr
you know, it's funny how everyone views things differently, when I posted this thread, the "expansion team" vs the "established franchise team" never crossed my mind. Actually, I feel our teams have alot in common, both young, good QBs, and improving defenses. Carr and Harrington have a alot in common also, both in there 4th year, both, have niether proven if they can meet the expectations, and both feel this pressure of these expectations! Both are pretty close stat's wise, and have similar style's. Anyway, I appreciate everyones opinions!! On another note your new DT is quite a story, really great that he has overcome some tough issues in his young life. He should be an impact player from day 1. Go Lions!!
Barryfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #62
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
How about--completion %--61.2% Carr, 56 % Harrington (in an offense designed to have a high completion %); ypa--7.58 Carr, 6.23 Harrington; QB rating--83.5 Carr, 77.5 Harrington. Carr has also rushed for more yards in two different seasons than Harrington has rushed for his whole career. This while Carr has been sacked 140 times and Harrington 53 times.
Do you know what this tells me?

Exactly what I said earlier, Joey had a better Line and Carr had better weapons. No more, no less.
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read