Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2005   #261
outofhnd
All Pro

I think its about money as far as the team is concerned.

for the player What im understanding is maybe its pride. look at it from his POV- You watch a young kid come into your job and everyone looks at you because hes doin your job for way less money. If you were told you were gonna get paid less at a job you were good at, not only that be demoted, and then everyone reads about it in the paper, Its pretty hard to work for that company and really hold your head up. Your work may be declining but when you do something for so long and you love it you dont wanna believe it. That would be tough mentally thinking about it like that. Now another company offered him less money but hes knows his boss, its still somewhat close to home. and its a fresh start, and he knows if one of the other 2 fail or cant work he can do the job. Its easier to go somewhere totally new and be a cheap backup than stay with people that demoted you & have to look in the eye everyday.
Old 04-27-2005   #262
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i dont see why hes scared about losing his position, i dont think he'll be more than a nickle guy in dallas anyways.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #263
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
i dont see why hes scared about losing his position, i dont think he'll be more than a nickle guy in dallas anyways.

Exactly.. he will play a reduced roll in Dallas also (which it was stated he didn't want to do in Houston)..Didn't Dallas give a 10 million dollar signing bonus to a CB this offseason already? (was it Howard?)

Kinda weird situation ....
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #264
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Glenn was spinning it a bit when he said he was worried about Faggins development and playing time if he stayed, but it looks like that may be it. He certainy could have had the same deal/dollars to play here as the nickle and I doubt very much that the FO didn't want him to stay in that role. The other possiblity is that he just thinks so little of P-Buc that he didn't want to be around him. I doubt that's it, but Arron is a pretty straight shooter and maybe it bothered him about the Neon-Dion type of personality.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #265
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Article about Glenn and Pats

Maybe Glenn wasn't too sought after as a free agent.

"The Patriots did not draft a cornerback last weekend, and though they were contacted by former Houston Texan Aaron Glenn, they elected to go with Scott. The Houston Chronicle reported yesterday that Glenn has agreed to a deal with Dallas."

This is not a slam, Glenn was one of my favorites.

Last edited by cuppacoffee; 04-28-2005 at 09:05 AM.
cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #266
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Shelton Quarles is a real man. Glen and Sharper were just in denial about their worth until they saw what other teams were willing to pay. It is a shame that they can't come to grips with that fact before we have to release them.
Old 04-28-2005   #267
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Please delete this post

Last edited by MojoMan; 04-28-2005 at 10:56 AM.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #268
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
Shelton Quarles is a real man. Glen and Sharper were just in denial about their worth until they saw what other teams were willing to pay. It is a shame that they can't come to grips with that fact before we have to release them.

I really don't think it has a thing to do with them being in denial. This is a business and they just decided to go work somewhere else. The team made a business decision as well as did Jamie and Aaron. It happens.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #269
TexAntagonise
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TexAntagonise Send a message via MSN to TexAntagonise

All I can say it that is a big pay cut, 3 million a season. Think I would have saton the bench and got water for anyone who wanted it for that kind of money.
TexAntagonise is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read