Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 04-03-2009   #1
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Thought yall may like this

Per the Tennessean...
Quote:
Titans agree to terms with QB Ramsey

By Jim Wyatt April 3, 2009

The Titans created some competition behind starting quarterback Kerry Collins on Friday by agreeing to terms with journeyman Patrick Ramsey.
Advertisement

Ramsey, who’ll sign a modest one-year deal, could compete with Vince Young for the No. 2 quarterback job. At the least, the Titans are looking for someone to push Young this offseason and in training camp.

A seven-year veteran, Ramsey spent the past two seasons with the Broncos. He had visited the Patriots as well as the Titans this offseason.

A first-round pick of the Redskins in 2002, Ramsey has played in 37 games with 24 starts, throwing for 5,930 yards with 35 touchdowns and 30 interceptions.

He played in just three games for the Broncos, going 31-of-51 for 281 yards and a touchdown. Mike Heimerdinger worked with Ramsey for a season in Denver before becoming Titans offensive coordinator.

The Titans carried three quarterbacks last season – Collins, Young and Chris Simms – after carrying only Collins and Young the previous season. Simms, a free agent, signed with the Broncos last month.

Reach Jim Wyatt at jwyatt@tennessean.com or 615-259-8015.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak
Default Re: Thought yall may like this

Seriously, what are the thought on VY in TN now? Is it Collins may take us to the promised land and then VY will take over the legacy or VY is toast and just a backup?

I know this is the rivalry section, but I was looking for an honest answer rather than smack.
Old 04-04-2009   #3
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18579 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

My first thought was that the Titans don't have much confidence in VY.

Maybe being pushed in training camp will either show the Titans that there is still some hope for him or will settle the argument once and for all. If VY ends up 3rd on the depth chart at the start of the regular season, that should be the signal that he is a bust.
Old 04-04-2009   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Seriously, what are the thought on VY in TN now? Is it Collins may take us to the promised land and then VY will take over the legacy or VY is toast and just a backup?

I know this is the rivalry section, but I was looking for an honest answer rather than smack.
I would think VY's greatest value would be if they could trade him. Kubiak's review of his play is that he can do some amazing things "off schedule." In other words, dude can freelance.

But if you want consistent, QB play, I think it would be a pain in the ass to try to incorporate him into your system and to take advantage of what he excels in. Especially, when his legs repeatedly have had problems. A non-running VY is not someone you want on the field.

The QB situation in the league is so weak, you'd think some team would take a flyer. Or maybe not. If you can't get on the field over Kerry Collins, it says something about you.
Old 04-04-2009   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Texans_Chick;1153950]I would think VY's greatest value would be if they could trade him. Kubiak's review of his play is that he can do some amazing things "off schedule." In other words, dude can freelance.

But if you want consistent, QB play, I think it would be a pain in the ass to try to incorporate him into your system and to take advantage of what he excels in. Especially, when his legs repeatedly have had problems. A non-running VY is not someone you want on the field.

The QB situation in the league is so weak, you'd think some team would take a flyer. Or maybe not. If you can't get on the field over Kerry Collins, it says something about you.[/QUOTE]

Part of this problem is apparent blinder emphasis on the ground game by Fischer, with lesser priority to address the QB position. In addition, it is my firm belief that if it weren't for a childish "screw you" (Texans) game by Adams, VY would not have been Fischer's choice, and would now be fermenting on another team.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #6
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

There is still a division between fans. Most are leaning to him never amounting to anything. This move with Ramsey pretty mush tells me that they think he is done. A week or so ago Fisher came out said Collins is the starter and that Young would need to do a lot of work before he could even get a shot. But just like the people who supported Carr to the bitter end we have fans that think he is some how not getting a fair shot. I think it is garbage and him refusing to come on the field in the Jags game and basically being drug out by the coach just to get injured on the next play makes me feel he is on his way out. Shows he lacks the fortitude to keep his head in the game.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #7
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
But just like the people who supported Carr to the bitter end we have fans that think he is some how not getting a fair shot.

I think your comparing VY to DC speaks volumes about where he is now.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2009   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I think your comparing VY to DC speaks volumes about where he is now.
To make the comparisons truly fair, to DC's credit, he became gun shy, but still hung in there till the end. VY became gun shy, and ran far, far away.

Being "defeated" as both were in their own unique environments, the condition may still be temporary. But "giving up" tends to give one a permanently available option.

I never thought I'd be acknowledging a DC positive.
Old 04-04-2009   #9
TITAN1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of Famer

Most of us are hoping VY is learning from the sidelines, I am one of those. Kerry is the present, I hope VY is the future.
TITAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITAN1 View Post
Most of us are hoping VY is learning from the sidelines, I am one of those. Kerry is the present, I hope VY is the future.
I don't think that I'd be wishing for that............
Old 04-04-2009   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

IF the Titans think there is a remote possibility for Patrick Ramsey to beat VY for the #2 spot, then they really should be trying to trade him now, while they can get something for him. As soon as they name Ramsey #2, VY has no value.

If he can't even be the #2 QB in Tennessee after three years, they are going to have to cut their losses, and move on.
Old 04-04-2009   #12
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling that VY will end up a Texan as a backup one day...
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I have a feeling that VY will end up a Texan as a backup one day...

Can he return punts? Maybe he can keep the water bottles full.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009   #14
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I would love to have faith in VY and say he can succeed again but I don't see it happening. The antics he pulled to go along with his lack of progression over the past three years just proves that he is indeed a moron. I want him to do well and be the future here, but its not going to happen. He won't be a Titan in '10.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince has got to mature off the field before he can even begin to develop into a legitimate NFL quarterback. I'm not aware of any 'bad' things he's done off the field like some other players, but he's got to grow up and mature as a person and human being... it's just part of the maturing process. Until he does that, he can't move ahead as an NFL QB. Simple as that.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I used to live in Nashvegas and still have some friends there (lived in Goodlettsville actually - 10 mins from the stadium)....I think the mood is still split and disappointed. Most of my friends pretty much say that if he can't make it in Fisher's run oriented offense he isn't gonna make it anywhere.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #17
Polo

He needs to become a better passer. If he does that, then a lot of his problems dissapear...The question though, is will he ever do that...
Old 04-06-2009   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
He needs to become a better passer. If he does that, then a lot of his problems dissapear...The question though, is will he ever do that...
He's not really going to improve in passing that much unfortunately. He slightly got better in college, but once he got to the pros since season one I never saw any improvements at all. Last season in pre season and the beginning of the regular season he looked awful.

Not only that, it's not just his passing it's his field vision and knowing where to look and not look. He totally draws defenders in when he eyes his WR's that he is about to throw to and with that side arm lob pass, it's easy for defenders to get over there because there is no zip on it.

I watched VY and Tavaris Jackson a lot last pre season, and VY always seemed to have a lot more potential, but Jackson looked a lot better. He made his reads better, threw a nicer ball, and made better decisions.

Plus, if VY's attitude and ego hasn't gotten any better than he has no chance.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #19
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Regarding Vince: this is the final wake up call to him to get it together or it's the end of the road in Tenn for him. Ramsey, like Collins, isn't all world but they can at least read a defense. How Vince reacts prior to camp and in camp isgoing to tell a lot about his future not just in Tennessee but around the league. I think there will be chances still just because of the nature of the position leaguewide and it's importance. If I was Vince right now there's two guys I would be calling Donovan McNabb and Randall Cunningham because these two guys grew from being running QBs primarily to guys who can do both well. Also...everyone loves a comeback.

Regarding the Titans: if you're moving forward with Kerry as your guy, don't waste a pick on WR this year. If he couldn't utilize Randy Moss and Jerry Porter in his time in Oakland he's not likely to utilize a rookie well either. Noy saying Moss was all world in Oakland but, I think the fact Kerry just was inept at running the offense there had to frustrate both Moss and Porter. Better to solidify the line and top off the defense, because that is what is going to carry them.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerry Porter cannot even utilize Jerry Porter so that ain't a shock.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read