Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 04-03-2009   #81
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 259047 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Earl Campbell was an Oiler not a Titan and will always be a Texan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAbuS...eature=related

Go to the 2:09 mark. I love that play.
Old 04-03-2009   #82
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 52348 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Earl Campbell is a Texan, a Longhorn and indeed is a titan via the annals of NFL history. What he is not, is a Titan.

I was not an Oilers fan, I was a Cowboys and Earl Campbell fan in the mid-late 70's.
Old 04-03-2009   #83
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 138542 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

ICOU fan will never understand.
Old 04-03-2009   #84
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
ICOU fan will never understand.
Hey I get what your point is but as a fan of the Oilers franchise which is now named the Titans it is a slap in the face to say I can not enjoy both of there histories and players. I followed both since I was 9.

Should old NY Giants fan think that there history is not part of the SF franchise? Sounds kind of silly doesn't it?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009   #85
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 138542 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Hey I get what your point is but as a fan of the Oilers franchise which is now named the Titans it is a slap in the face to say I can not enjoy both of there histories and players. I followed both since I was 9.

Should old NY Giants fan think that there history is not part of the SF franchise? Sounds kind of silly doesn't it?
Completely irrelevant to the context of this thread. You enjoy Earl as an Oiler.

The Giants reference is a tough comparison since that happend 50+ years ago.
Old 04-03-2009   #86
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Completely irrelevant to the context of this thread. You enjoy Earl as an Oiler.

The Giants reference is a tough comparison since that happend 50+ years ago.
So now it is a matter of time that will make the Oilers and the Titans one team? Seems kind of silly when you type it out doesn't it?

Old 04-03-2009   #87
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
So now it is a matter of time that will make the Oilers and the Titans one team? Seems kind of silly when you type it out doesn't it?
Nope, not at all.

Maybe it will, but thankfully I will be dead if and when that ever happens.

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 04-03-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009   #88
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So now it is a matter of time that will make the jags and the Titans one team? Seems kind of silly when you type it out doesn't it?
fixed
being that was Bud's first choice
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009   #89
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Jags will be the LA Dynamite in a couple seasons I am not sure how that works.

Old 04-03-2009   #90
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey I get what your point is but as a fan of the Oilers franchise which is now named the Titans it is a slap in the face to say I can not enjoy both of there histories and players.
Good, you should be slapped.

Take that!
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009   #91
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Good, you should be slapped.

Take that!
Are you comming onto me?

Old 04-03-2009   #92
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you comming onto me?
If being slapped by another man turns you on then I guess I can see how you interpreted it that way.

BTW, outside of Tennessee "coming" is spelled with one "m".
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009   #93
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
If being slapped by another man turns you on then I guess I can see how you interpreted it that way.

BTW, outside of Tennessee "coming" is spelled with one "m".
Never lived in TN

Old 04-03-2009   #94
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

BTW, outside of Tennessee and NoCal "coming" is spelled with one "m".
Fixed
Old 04-03-2009   #95
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Never lived in TN
Maybe not, but you certainly are their kind boy.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009   #96
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going to get into the whole "who he belongs to" stuff but I figure I'd voice my opinion.

Since I'm only twenty and didn't get to watch Campbell and other guys of his era in action, I try and watch as much film and stuff as I can on the guy. He represents what football is all about. He gave his all every time he touched the ball, which is apparent by his quality of life at this point. He is a joy to watch 25 years after he last played. I wish I could watched him live.

GP, go ahead and preach to your bretheren about how I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth on this. I'm done butting heads with you over my true opinions and feelings on subjects regarding the city of Houston (even in the slightest bit.)
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read