Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

View Poll Results: Continue with the current mock, or stop and start the next?
Continue through 7 rounds 8 38.10%
Stop, assign new teams, and start a new 7-rounder 13 61.90%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2009   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Okay, so where are we on this mock draft??

It's getting super-disorganized now.

Let's decide whether we're moving forward or stopping, shall we?

I can't even easily find a list of who is picking for which team so I think we need to either stop this draft and wait for the next one - or get organized with the current one, make a decision and go forward.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #2
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Okay, so where are we on this mock draft??

No I thought they were asking for a cocensus pick.

I would have chosen S.L. Hill but whoever's pick it was chose Melton.

Sorry if I contributed to the mix up

I think JCT is moderating & if you look back @ where I mistakenly took Louis Murphy for the Jets in the 4th RD you can find the link with the updated picks.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
No I thought they were asking for a cocensus pick.

I would have chosen S.L. Hill but whoever's pick it was chose Melton.

Sorry if I contributed to the mix up

I think JCT is moderating & if you look back @ where I mistakenly took Louis Murphy for the Jets in the 4th RD you can find the link with the updated picks.
Nah, I'm not suggesting you did anything wrong... you nominated a player. That's cool - we just need to get either more noms or more people to vote for Hill. I put the Eagles back on the clock in the mock thread.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #4
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to finish what we started because no one has done this on TTalk. However, redoing the draft would be fine with me now that several Pro Days have passed and adding new people who are interested would make it better. Honestly, its up to you guys...my only concern is that the NFL Draft is around the corner so I doubt we finish the new one on time.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to continue.

If you want to start a new one that's fine too.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009   #6
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
It's getting super-disorganized now.

Let's decide whether we're moving forward or stopping, shall we?

I can't even easily find a list of who is picking for which team so I think we need to either stop this draft and wait for the next one - or get organized with the current one, make a decision and go forward.
I can get that for you, and will post it in the other thread...

I vote to keep going. I don't know if we would be able to finish all seven rounds if we start a new one.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

My suggestion would be to stop the present mock and start another 4-5 round mock to lead us up to the actual draft. IMO, Rounds 5-6 tend to get a little monotonous.

Having said that, I will go along with whatever the group decides.
Sponsored links
Old 03-30-2009   #8
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
My suggestion would be to stop the present mock and start another 4-5 round mock to lead us up to the actual draft. IMO, Rounds 5-6 tend to get a little monotonous.

Me too. I have enjoyed the current mock, but it is getting increasingly slower and participation has seemed to have suffered also. I would like to continue, but it seems like that idea is becoming less popular as time goes by. I'm for whatever everyone is for.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #9
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we should continue with what we have since we are only two rounds away (once we finish the 5th). It seems to me that there is a lack of interest so I was wondering why not get rid of epople who don't want to participate and assign new users to the available teams and just finish the mock?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ditto.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #11
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Me too, but I doubt we will be able to finish all 7 rounds if we start a new one. I was hoping to do a seven round mock, but if y'all want to start a new one and only do 3-4 rounds I'm fine with that.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's what I'd like to see:

1. Member mock draft with 32 different INTERESTED/COMMITTED GMs for the 32 teams.
2. Mock as many picks/rounds as possible before the actual draft starts.
3. Use the official picks (including those via actual team trades up to current pick and compensatory picks awarded).
4. No trades in final member mock.
5. Speedy yet accurate mock. Committed GMs should make this run pretty smoothly and quickly. However, I don't think we need to rush picks just for the sake of picking.
Old 03-31-2009   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll play, But i'm not very patient....I hate waiting for eighteen hours to make a pick. Drives me crazy.
Old 03-31-2009   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Me too. I have enjoyed the current mock, but it is getting increasingly slower and participation has seemed to have suffered also. I would like to continue, but it seems like that idea is becoming less popular as time goes by. I'm for whatever everyone is for.
IMO, if we decide to finish the existing mock, there probably won't be enough time to do another 3-4 round mock.

The current 4-7 rounds have already taken over a week and we're still in the 5th round.

I will continue to contribute in which ever is decided.
Old 03-31-2009   #15
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

If it got back to being a 1st-3rd/4th mock I would be down. I really don't know much (or want to) about late round guys. 20 minute time limit would be excellent!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #16
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #17
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

First of all, let me say that I have been part of the mocks around here since they first had them. This mock is the longest in rounds that has ever been done with people showing up. Never made it out of the third before with this many guys still working on it.
As far as to keep going or not, I would suggest we stop and go with a new one of 4 or 5 rounds if we can get that far.
We know the guys that will show up. We keep the 12 hour time limit and the group picks for missed time of said team with a no show. People double up by taking over the blank teams we have now .
We have about 3 weeks till the draft. Whatever we do, it should start soon with team selection etc.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we start a new mock and reassign teams. Maybe 4 rounds.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I say we start a new mock and reassign teams. Maybe 4 rounds.
Honestly, after we re-assign teams we'll probably only have time for 3 rounds max. We'll have 3 weeks from this Friday to get'r done.

I vote for a 3 rounder.
Old 04-01-2009   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Honestly, I think we're running out of time too. I'd prefer we had some time to research the team a little. This mock went much better due to having more dedicated GMs and putting in the effort to learn the teams, their schemes, their needs, their tendencies as well as the prospects in this draft and how they'd fit in that team.

The later we start that mock, the less time we have to put forth the effort in doing quality research. Once we get the ball rolling, I say we just see how far we can go before the actual draft starts.

I won't be able to participate once the draft rolls around because I'll be solely focusing on the Texans. Probably the day before, I'll prepare everything.

I suspect we're not going to get around to selecting teams for a while and then we won't start until a little after that, and we'll only get through 2-3 rounds.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read