Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 03-29-2009   #41
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Earl Campbell was an Oiler not a Titan and will always be a Texan!

Earl has been quoted that HE has nothing to do with the Titans

however, Bud and the Titans have all the records

As much as it pains me for this, Earl is part of Bud's franchise records

I have to say as much as I give Titan fans grief about them not wanting to admit bud's franchise as choking, they have to take the bad with the good.

Earl is part of that franchise

I'd be a hypocrite if I said he wasn't

I mean how can one argue that if you go to the titans website and it has stats proving it?

I wish it weren't true but oilers are titans now
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009   #42
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I know this is hard for you to comprehend but they are the same team.
It must be hard for you as well.

Your avatar celebrates a ten year anniversary. If you believed it were the same team you would be celebrating 49 years of history.

How many faces do you have??
Old 03-29-2009   #43
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 305 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post

Your avatar celebrates a ten year anniversary. If you believed it were the same team you would be celebrating 49 years of history.

Perfect! LOL!!! Rep for you!
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009   #44
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedc View Post
it must be hard for you as well.

how many faces do you have??
rep!!!!
Old 03-29-2009   #45
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Hervoyel if you are going to be a total douche bag try doing it in a non rival thread.

Down rep'ing me just because you do not agree with me makes you look pathetic.

If the rival threads are too scawee maybe you should not read them?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009   #46
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post

+Rep!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009   #47
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Go huff some more air duster Blazing Doucherrow.

Tedc pwned you btw. Stop trolling, you know as well as every former diehard Oiler fan on this forum that the Titans and Oilers are distinct. Earl Campbell is no more a Tennessee Titan than Jim Brown is a Baltimore Raven or Johnny U is an Indianapolis football legend.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009   #48
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Go huff some more air duster Blazing Doucherrow.

Tedc pwned you btw. Stop trolling, you know as well as every former diehard Oiler fan on this forum that the Titans and Oilers are distinct. Earl Campbell is no more a Tennessee Titan than Jim Brown is a Baltimore Raven or Johnny U is an Indianapolis football legend.
Blah blah blah ... seriosuly! I am an Oiler fan and a Titans fan. It does not matter that the team moved to me. I realize that to some it does and I respect that. But do no belittle my love for my team because it does not suit your beliefs.

Old 03-30-2009   #49
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I could care less what team you choose to be a fan of.

But how does one celebrate a 10 year anniversary when the team has been in existence for 49 years? You sport a 10 year anniversay logo, but will be wearing an Oilers uniform from the 1960's?

Something is seriously wrong with this picture. It is either 10 years or 49 years. Make up your mind.

Oh but wait, I get it, you only use the other 39 years when it proves a point for you.
When it doesn't you just ignore the rest of the history.
Old 03-30-2009   #50
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No the city and fans kept the name and records by petitioning the NFL. I guess some fans respect their history enough to try and keep it instead of abandoning the team in the last season in a city.
That was strictly Art Moddell's decision. He tried to end a bad situation with some form of class. Bud "the Bad Rug" wouldn't know class if he took a class on it.

Quote:
de⋅ni⋅al   /dɪˈnaɪəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [di-nahy-uhl] Show IPA
–noun 1. an assertion that something said, believed, alleged, etc., is false
Both Earl and Bum Phillips each proclaim themselves Oilers and refuse to take part in any celebration in Nashville. Seems like a slap in the face to Bud "the bad rug" Asshat.

Tinnbred fans not recognizing that - is denial.
Old 03-30-2009   #51
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is your team it is not your team ... make up your mind.

Funny.. Tinnbred fan asking someone to make up their mind.
Old 03-30-2009   #52
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
When only one side is heard it is not considered a debate it is called a dictatorship.
Now you're getting it. This is a Texans Dictatorship. Your words are mere spewage from diarhea of the mouth.
Old 03-30-2009   #53
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Texans!

Beat the titans in whatever "uniform" they are wearing!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #54
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Earl Campbell is and always well be a HOUSTON Oilers, not a Tenneesse Oilers or Tenneesse Titan, but a HOUSTOn Oiler. BTW, someone should ask him, I bet you he would say the same thing!

Also, how did you post the picture to your thread, how did you do that?
I did...one day he was at Red McCombs dealership and I asked him who he supported..he said the city of Houston.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #55
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hervoyel if you are going to be a total douche bag try doing it in a non rival thread.

Down rep'ing me just because you do not agree with me makes you look pathetic.

If the rival threads are too scawee maybe you should not read them?

I gave you negative rep because you're a ****ing troll who comes to this board and drags idiotic threads like this along for 470+ views. You're not a contributor here, you're a pest. I gave you negative rep because the world would be a better place without your particular brand of "rivalry talk".

And let me tell you something. It's better to be a douche like me than a suppository like yourself. I'll give you one guess (and time to check with your finger) which one of the two has shit all over it.

If the negative rep hurt your feelings then feel free to grow a thicker skin.
Old 03-30-2009   #56
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
I could care less what team you choose to be a fan of.

But how does one celebrate a 10 year anniversary when the team has been in existence for 49 years? You sport a 10 year anniversay logo, but will be wearing an Oilers uniform from the 1960's?

Something is seriously wrong with this picture. It is either 10 years or 49 years. Make up your mind.

Oh but wait, I get it, you only use the other 39 years when it proves a point for you.
When it doesn't you just ignore the rest of the history.
I put up the logo because I thought it was funny. It celebrates 10 years in TN BTW not the existence of the team.

Old 03-30-2009   #57
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know this is hard for you to comprehend but they are the same team.
In your rush to troll, you failed. That pic being referred to in the first post reveals a player that is identified as Earl but it clearly is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
You just can't help but show your ignorance as to what went down when Bud started with his BS can you?

I can't wait until the same happens in Tennessee, and it will.
He could care less. He'll bandwagon the team wherever they move to and whatever they change their name, too. He's a big fan of Slug, I guess.
Old 03-30-2009   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Luv Ya Earl!

nfl.com has put up some nice pictures of Earl.

Although they did kind of mess this one up....

Several things jump out:
A) Chuck Howley retired about 5 years before Earl was drafted.
B) The Caption says #36
C) The running back is wearing #35
D) During the Earl years, the Oilers wore white helmets.

E) Last; Anyone in the city of Houston knows that the #34 is reserved for one name in each sport.

Nolan
Hakeem
and of course, Earl.
Old 03-30-2009   #59
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I went to poking around to see about that year of the Oilers to see if I could identify that player #35 (Woody Campbell).

I found it to be more interesting that the Oiler braintrust back then, drafted QB Dan Pastorini in the first round, and also QB Lynn Dickey in the 3rd round. Apparently they didn't have a 2nd round pick. I bet if there had been a message board back then it would have melted down on draft day in 1971!
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #60
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When only one side is heard it is not considered a debate it is called a dictatorship.
Your side is worthless.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read