Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 03-28-2009   #21
whiskeyrbl

Default Re: Earl Campbell was an Oiler not a Titan and will always be a Texan!

[quote=Blazing Arrow;1150048]I know this is hard for you to comprehend but they are the same team.[/QUOTE

Technicaly ,yes they are the same team. However the Houston Oilers History happened in the City of Houston and with Houstonians being 99% of the fan base. The players that played in Houston and not Tennessee, technicaly are HOUSTON football players. Those that played in both well they belong to both. Ask Carl Mauck if he is a Houston Oiler or Tennessee Titan? We see it as if it happened here it stays here. Hell Y'all went to the super bowl. How many of us try to stake claim to that? Not many I bet.
Old 03-28-2009   #22
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
No the city and fans kept the name and records by petitioning the NFL. I guess some fans respect their history enough to try and keep it instead of abandoning the team in the last season in a city.
You just can't help but show your ignorance as to what went down when Bud started with his BS can you?

I can't wait until the same happens in Tennessee, and it will.
Old 03-28-2009   #23
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know this is hard for you to comprehend but they are the same team.
How are they the same team?

I know, they are in the same city, oh wait no, they moved.

They have the same name, oh no wait, they changed that too.

At least they have the same colors, oh wait no, they changed those too.

Saying the Titans are the same as the Oilers is like a man going and having a sex change and still calling herself a man. Admit it, the TITans are sporting around town wearing a push-up and needing estrogen pills to keep there voice high.

But hey, if they want to reminisce about the days when they were real men and played in front of fans from there own city that actually cared about them then, hey, who am I to judge?

I like to rehash my better days too.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #24
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No the city and fans kept the name and records by petitioning the NFL. I guess some fans respect their history enough to try and keep it instead of abandoning the team in the last season in a city.
You were called out on a technicality. No grass roots campaign was going to keep the Oilers history,etc in Houston. The Ravens were never even going to happen unless Cleveland was awarded a new team immediately after. We were post Browns, Jags, and Panthers and and we were lucky to even get a team back in the end. The timing and variables were different. Thank You Bob McNair!!

Here are quotes from back in the day:
http://www.angelfire.com/tn/OILERSfo...ESSEEnews.html
Quote:
"I want fans to be able to compare Eddie George to Earl Campbell and ask who is the greatest runner in the team's history," said the NFL commissioner. "I want fans to compare Steve McNair with George Blanda and Warren Moon, to compare Tennessee's Bruce Matthews with the Oilers' Mike Munchak."
Quote:
Adams conceded the decision to change the name was an emotional one. His grandfather and father preceded him in the oil business. But once made, the emphasis returned to the future of the football team and the Tennessee franchise.
You just know deep down inside Dud knows he effed up. His heart is here, his family and his history are intertwined with the Oil business and the Houston Oilers, he is now stuck in Tenn with a 2nd rate stadium while Houston is back in the NFL in "his" town with a gem of a stadium, his legacy in his own town is burned to the ground, and its going to stay that way. I guarantee if he could push a button to fix it all.... he would.

Bud the stuck dud Adams.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #25
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Just ask Earl. He will tell you himself that he is not and has nothing to do with the Tennessee Titans. Has said so many times.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #26
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
You just can't help but show your ignorance as to what went down when Bud started with his BS can you?

I can't wait until the same happens in Tennessee, and it will.
Last call of someone trying to make excuses for his former team. It is always how the Titans will move and how Bud Adams will screw over the city. Just because you think it happened to you does not mean it will happen again. That is a false analogy.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #27
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
How are they the same team?

I know, they are in the same city, oh wait no, they moved.

They have the same name, oh no wait, they changed that too.

At least they have the same colors, oh wait no, they changed those too.

Saying the Titans are the same as the Oilers is like a man going and having a sex change and still calling herself a man. Admit it, the TITans are sporting around town wearing a push-up and needing estrogen pills to keep there voice high.

But hey, if they want to reminisce about the days when they were real men and played in front of fans from there own city that actually cared about them then, hey, who am I to judge?

I like to rehash my better days too.
It is your team it is not your team ... make up your mind.

Old 03-28-2009   #28
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
qft.
Can someone decode qft...I don't speaking this language.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #29
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Last call of someone trying to make excuses for his former team. It is always how the Titans will move and how Bud Adams will screw over the city. Just because you think it happened to you does not mean it will happen again. That is a false analogy.
You don't know your history, I'm done with you. I've seen it explained a good 10 times to you and you still don't get it. You must be awfully obsessed with us to come here as often as you do. How embarrassing for you.
Old 03-28-2009   #30
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Can someone decode qft...I don't speaking this language.
Quoted for truth
Old 03-28-2009   #31
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys... guys... the beauty of it all is that the Titans fans will always have to deal with this kind of stuff. Its what happens to hand me downs. We got to enjoy one franchise from the very beginnings, no strings attached... and now a brand spanking new one AGAIN... no strings attached. Start our own history from scratch. No matter how you slice it, its sloppy seconds for them. I bet that is a drag.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #32
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Last edited by Seņor Stan; 03-28-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #33
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When is construction slated to begin on your new stadium?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #34
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is your team it is not your team ... make up your mind.
The Houston Oilers were my team. Then the Houston Oilers ceased to exist. Now the Houston Texans are my team.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #35
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you will have to do this when the team moves to LA. Then maybe they will listen.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #36
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
just ask earl. He will tell you himself that he is not and has nothing to do with the tennessee titans. Has said so many times.
qft!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009   #37
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
You don't know your history, I'm done with you. I've seen it explained a good 10 times to you and you still don't get it. You must be awfully obsessed with us to come here as often as you do. How embarrassing for you.
Explained from a certain point of view. As an Oilers/Titans fan do not agree with the explanation. Which I have explained a good 10 times. Nothing embarrasing about it.

Old 03-28-2009   #38
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Not sure why y'all are even giving Blazing Sparrow the satisfaction of an argument. Earl himself doesn't consider himself a Titan, nor does he have anything to do with the Tacks. He does have a relationship with the Texans, as do almost all of the old Oilers.

That pretty well settles it, to be honest. The ICOU can think whatever the hell they want, but the people most directly involved in the debate pretty much dictated the answer without any of our input.
Old 03-28-2009   #39
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

When only one side is heard it is not considered a debate it is called a dictatorship.

Old 03-29-2009   #40
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Guys... guys... the beauty of it all is that the Titans fans will always have to deal with this kind of stuff. Its what happens to hand me downs. We got to enjoy one franchise from the very beginnings, no strings attached... and now a brand spanking new one AGAIN... no strings attached. Start our own history from scratch. No matter how you slice it, its sloppy seconds for them. I bet that is a drag.
Exactly. Why even continue this stupid conversation? The history will always remain with the city and the fans that watched the history happened regardless of what the history books say. I guess when we are all dead and gone and our grandchildren or great-grandchildren read about the team, then sure they will know of the Tennessee Oilers. But by then, will it even matter? Because I strongly believe by that point we will have a team known as the Houston Texans, and that team will have something the Houston Oilers never had: a Super Bowl ring!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read