Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-25-2009   #361
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
That is why I haven't taken a RB yet. Look at that list! Isn't Goodson still out there too?
Yes.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #362
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is why I haven't taken a RB yet. Look at that list! Isn't Goodson still out there too?
Yes. Lots of good ones still there.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #363
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Apparently everybody wants him lol. Either that or the guys that draft him change their mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Oops, sorry!
I just thought it was really funny! I could totally see someone trying to take him!

PS- this mock has really opened my eyes about how deep this draft could be. Not so much that we'll get studs in every round, but that we should have several options in mid-late rounds on guys in the safety and running back positions!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #364
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Goodson is about same height and weight as Slaton. I don't know if he fits the zone blocking system, though, and some people wouldn't like the fact that he wouldn't be able to be the short yardage back. Goodson has clashed with teammates, so I doubt the Texans would select him. My favorite sleeper RB in this draft is Devin Moore (6th or 7th rounder). He wouldn't be the bruiser so many people want, but I think he'd be a good pick in the 6th or 7th. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_9iM7c-RYo
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #365
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Update:

97.) Dallas Cowgirls (F/DET) Select: Derrick Williams, WR, Penn State

98.) Kansas City Chiefs Select: Xavier Fulton, OT, Illinois

99.) St. Louis Rams Select: Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty

100.) Cleveland Browns Select: T.J. Lang, OT Eastern Michigan

101.) Seattle Seahawks select: Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU.

102.) Cincinnati Bengals Select: A.Q. Shipley, C, Penn State.

103.) Jacksonville Jaguars Select: Frantz Joseph, Mlb, Florida Atlantic

104.) Oakland Raiders Select: Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson

105.) Green Bay Packers Select: Andre Brown, RB, NC State

106.) Buffalo Bills Select: Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida

107.) San Francisco 49ers Select: Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston St.

108.) Houston Texans Select: Terrence Taylor, DT, Michigan

109.) San Diego Chargers Select: Cody Brown, OLB, Connecticut

110.) Denver Broncos Select: Jason Phillips, ILB, TCU

111.) New York Jets (F/WASH) Select: Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin

112.) New Orleans Saints Select: Gerald Mcrath, OLB, Southern Miss

113.) Dallas Cowgirls Select: Chip Vaughn, SS, Wake Forest

114.) New Orleans Saints (F/NYJ) Select: Zack Follett, OLB, California

115.) Chicago Bears Select: Jason Watkins, OT, Florida

116.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select: Mohamed Massaquoi, WR, Georgia

117.) Philadelphia Eagles Select: Asher Allen, CB, Georgia

118.) Houston Texans (F/MINN) Select:Kevin Barnes, CB, Maryland

119.) Baltimore Ravens Select: Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State

120.) New England Patriots Select: Sherrod Martin, FS, Troy

121.) Atlanta Falcons Select: Chris Baker, DT, Hampton

122.) Miami Dolphins Select: Cornelius Lewis, OT, Tennessee State

123.) Indianapolis Colts Select: Alex Magee, DT, Purdue

124.) Carolina Panthers Select: Brandon Gibson, WR, Washington State

125.) New York Giants Select: Lork 88

126.) Tennessee Tacks Select:

127.) Arizona Cardinals Select: jgl35

128.) Pittsburgh Steelers Select: Ole Miss Texan
Old 03-25-2009   #366
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I just thought it was really funny! I could totally see someone trying to take him!

PS- this mock has really opened my eyes about how deep this draft could be. Not so much that we'll get studs in every round, but that we should have several options in mid-late rounds on guys in the safety and running back positions!
That's the advantage of really getting into a mock draft. You really get a feel of where some teams will go and an idea of how the draft will play out. Also, you start seeing some familar names in the later rounds and realize the draft is a bit deeper than you might have thought.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #367
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Goodson is about same height and weight as Slaton. I don't know if he fits the zone blocking system, though, and some people wouldn't like the fact that he wouldn't be able to be the short yardage back. Goodson has clashed with teammates, so I doubt the Texans would select him. My favorite sleeper RB in this draft is Devin Moore (6th or 7th rounder). He wouldn't be the bruiser so many people want, but I think he'd be a good pick in the 6th or 7th. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_9iM7c-RYo
I wasn't eyeing him, just making sure he was still on the list. He might go before a couple of backs that I would consider choosing.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #368
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Here's the 5th Round (comp picks aren't included):

129. Detroit - (Super Mario)
130. St Louis - WolverineFan
131. Kansas City - beerlover
132. Denver (F/Sea) - Kaiser Toro
133. Philadelphia (F/Cle) - Texan4ever
134. Cincinnati - mussop
135. Atlanta (F/Oak) - Jctexan
136. Jacksonville - Texan4ever
137. Green Bay - Diehardchris
138. San Francisco - Specnatz
139. Buffalo - TexansSeminole
140. San Diego - Tailgate
141. Denver - Kaiser Toro
142. Washington - steelbTexan
143. N.Y Giants (F/NO) - lork88
144. Houston - Shaft75
145. Philadelphia (F/NYJ) - Texan4ever
146. Chicago - jgl35
147. Tampa Bay -
148. Dallas - Honoring Earl 34
149. Philadelphia - Texan4ever
150. Minnesota - The Pencil Neck
151. New England - rmartin65
152. Atlanta - Jctexan
153. Miami - Honoring Earl 34
154. Baltimore - Diehardchris
155. Carolina - The Pencil Neck
156. NY Giants - Lork88
157. Indianapolis -
158. Dallas (F/Ten) - Honoring Earl 34
159. Arizona - jgl35
160. Pittsburgh - Ole Miss Texan
Old 03-25-2009   #369
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we going to mess with comp picks, since we already went through a round without them?

Shaft - I would have preferred SL Hill to Taylor - but not in the fourth. The fifth would have been a good spot for him, but he's not the type of DT the Colts need. Hill's a big, fat space-eater and the Colts need a quicker, gap-shooting type.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #370
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Are we going to mess with comp picks, since we already went through a round without them?

Shaft - I would have preferred SL Hill to Taylor - but not in the fourth. The fifth would have been a good spot for him, but he's not the type of DT the Colts need. Hill's a big, fat space-eater and the Colts need a quicker, gap-shooting type.

I think its better to leave comp picks out...is it time for a group pick or should we keep waiting?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #371
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I think its better to leave comp picks out...is it time for a group pick or should we keep waiting?
We're waiting for Lork right? He's still got a lot of time left.
Old 03-25-2009   #372
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yeah, I think he has like four hours still... but if he misses his pick, I think it will be the 2nd time in this draft alone that he's missed, and for that we would have to....................... MURDER HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #373
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Well in anticipation of his pick how about we go over his draft with the Giants so far.

1st - WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
2nd - TE Jared Cook
2nd - T Troy Kropog
3rd - OLB Tyrone McKenzie
4th - ?

He is quietly having a good draft so far, but what are the Giants other needs?

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #374
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeh thats an incredible group of RB's to be available in the 5th round. I hope this holds true for the real draft.
Old 03-25-2009   #375
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Well in anticipation of his pick how about we go over his draft with the Giants so far.

1st - WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
2nd - TE Jared Cook
2nd - T Troy Kropog
3rd - OLB Tyrone McKenzie
4th - ?

He is quietly having a good draft so far, but what are the Giants other needs?
With Toomer retiring AND Burress' issues, they should probably consider another WR. They're probably wanting another RB to take Ward's place even though they already have a nice tandem. The Kropog pick was really nice but they might want to pick up another tackle for depth.

Prior to FA, there was a big push to get OLB's and DL on the Giants' forums but I think they've probably stifled that with the FA moves.
Old 03-25-2009   #376
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

WR Kevin Ogletree (Virginia) is out there.

HB James Davis (Clemson) would be good value.

Like Beerlover said, they could go OT again? Is Augustus Parrish (Kent St) still available?
Old 03-25-2009   #377
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
WR Kevin Ogletree (Virginia) is out there.

HB James Davis (Clemson) would be good value.

Like Beerlover said, they could go OT again? Is Augustus Parrish (Kent St) still available?
Yeah, Parrish is still available.

What about Deon Butler (Penn State)?
Old 03-25-2009   #378
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

James Davis would be a fine pick to replace Wind. And yes, Parrish shows to be available.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #379
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Yeah, Parrish is still available.

What about Deon Butler (Penn State)?
May still be a bit high for him, but at this point in the draft, if you want a guy you take him.

I jumped the gun on throwing names out there. I forgot Lork still has plenty of time to show up. Sorry about that.
Old 03-25-2009   #380
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we need to go with what the actual draft order is. Since compensatory picks have been announced, add them in going forward.

Looking back, when we finished the 3rd round, I think we should have waited until the additional picks were announced. In any case, if we want this "as realistic as possible" let's use the picks we're (the Teams) will actually have.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read