Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-24-2009   #321
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Actually I would be interested to hear it if you wouldn't mind posting it. As I said above I really like Pegues and to be honest he seems to fit the Ravens defense perfectly.
I considered him for the Packers pick I took over, but I just thought Andre Brown was such a good value, and a slightly bigger need for GB.

FS Derek Pegues, Mississippi State
It's never too early to plan for the post-Ed Reed future. Reed will be 31 in September, and probably still has some very good years left, but as a defense-first team, the Ravens can't pass on what I think is a tremendous value here in Derek Pegues. Yes, Nakamura is a solid backup to Reed, but I think there's room for improvement there, and Nakamura is best suited to coming off the bench from what I read, so I'm not sure he would have been a lock to take over the starting spot once Reed is done. Pegues simply has more playmaking potential, and he's also a good punt returner who could cover for Chris Carr if he goes down or isn't effective.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #322
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120522 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Thanks for that. It's been a little rough lately but this has been a good diversion.

My draft doesn't suck though!!!
You are wright youre draft doesnt suck. Sorry I didnt mean for it to sound that way. I just meant I hated it because none of my guys were in it.

IMO it would be alot better draft if it had all muy guys. No offence meant in any way.

Last edited by mussop; 03-24-2009 at 09:15 PM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #323
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Miami Dolphins select Cornelius Lewis OT 6-4, 320 Tennessee State (OG)

A big strong guy who was agile enough to play LT but projects to Guard .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #324
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The Miami Dolphins select Cornelius Lewis OT 6-4, 320 Tennessee State (OG)

A big strong guy who was agile enough to play LT but projects to Guard .
Dancing with the Stars drafted him in the third.
Old 03-24-2009   #325
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Huh ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #326
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

You are wright youre draft doesnt suck. Sorry I didnt mean for it to sound that way. I just meant I hated it because none of my guys were in it.

IMO it would be alot better draft if it had all muy guys. No offence meant in any way.
Who are your guys?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #327
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Lewis was still on my board, and I didn't see him taken in the 3rd.
Old 03-24-2009   #328
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Huh ?
I read you thoughts on the player and instantly thought of Warren Sapp for some reason. I muffed on the smiley. My bad. Peace. Out. Late.
Old 03-24-2009   #329
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

The Colts are on the clock & don't have an owner. Group pick.
Old 03-24-2009   #330
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120522 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Who are your guys?
These are guys I would of taken in each round. Or "My guys".

1st
Clay Matthews III, LB, U.S.C.
Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss

2nd
Evander Hood, DT, Missouri
Percy Harvin, WR/KR, Florida
Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

3rd
Tyrone McKenzie, OLB, South Florida
Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech
Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa
Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty

4th
Chip Vaughn, SS, Wake Forest
Jason Watkins, OT, Florida
Emanuel Cook South Carolina SS
Javon Ringer Michigan State RBF
Jeremiah Johnson Oregon RBC
James Davis Clemson RBF
Cedric Peerman Virginia RBC
Old 03-24-2009   #331
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

my vote for the Colts is DT Vance Walker, Georgia Tech.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #332
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
my vote for the Colts is DT Vance Walker, Georgia Tech.
Does anyone have an updated list of player left?
Old 03-24-2009   #333
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts picks so far...

1 Hakeem Nicks WR
2 Eric Wood C
3 Mitch King DE

I don't believe they've addressed their DT need in FA, so maybe that's the pick?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-24-2009   #334
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Best DTs left on my board:

Alex Magee, Purdue
Corvey Irvin, Georgia
Vance Walker, Georgia Tech
Sammie Lee Hill, Stillman

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-24-2009   #335
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

One key "weakness" I see with the Colts is on defense, especially at the DT position. They have undersized DTs (considering they run a Tampa 2, I guess its not all about size) but I still think they should get a BIG run-stuffer or someone that eats space. Here's who I suggest...my personal favorites are in bold and I have included other defensive players I would suggest

1.) Terrance Knighton - Temple - DT

2.) Khalif Mitchell - East Carolina - DT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRgLzU2ict8

3.) Kaluka Maiava - USC - OLB

4.) Diyral Briggs - Bowling Green - OLB

5.) Morgan Trent - Michigan - CB

6.) DeAngelo Willingham - Tenn. - CB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0dWp2MohlY

*Chris Berman explodes on TV : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pTYp...eature=related *

Last edited by Texan4Ever; 03-24-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #336
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

DT Vance Walker is a balanced player that has the quickness to shoot gaps without sacrificing strength. He is not great at anything, he is just solid.

In the last 2 years he racked up 78 tackles, 22.5 tackles for loss, 11.5 sacks, and 4 FF from the DT position.

Played with some good players at GTech and received some good defensive coaching.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #337
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
One key "weakness" I see with the Colts is on defense, especially at the DT position. They have undersized DTs (considering they run a Tampa 2, I guess its not all about size) but I still think they should get a BIG run-stuffer or someone that eats space. Here's who I suggest...my personal favorites are in bold and I have included other defensive players I would suggest...
I disagree.

The Tampa 2 defense depends on four quick linemen that can get to the QB without help from a blitz, allowing seven guys to stay in coverage.

This leaves a weakness to the power running game, but a 4th round DT isn't going to solve that.

I would pick from Alex Magee, Vance Walker, Roy Miller, or Myron Pryor. These guys are all DT's who are stout against the run but not overpowering. Their real value lies in that they can win one on one match ups and rush the passer.

If you get a big run stuffer then you are essentially changing the style of the defense because you are going to have to blitz in passing situations or you think you can get to the QB with three guys.

A 4th round DT isn't going to make a big enough difference against the run to cancel out what he lacks in pass rush.

This is why I think the Colts pretty much have to get either Raji, Jerry, or Hood in the first two rounds.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #338
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
DT Vance Walker is a balanced player that has the quickness to shoot gaps without sacrificing strength. He is not great at anything, he is just solid.

In the last 2 years he racked up 78 tackles, 22.5 tackles for loss, 11.5 sacks, and 4 FF from the DT position.

Played with some good players at GTech and received some good defensive coaching.
I think he is a really good fit in Indy.
Old 03-24-2009   #339
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess it's gonna' be Vance Walker, I vote for him to since most of you guys support him as a good fit for the Colts.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #340
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I disagree.

The Tampa 2 defense depends on four quick linemen that can get to the QB without help from a blitz, allowing seven guys to stay in coverage.

This leaves a weakness to the power running game, but a 4th round DT isn't going to solve that.

I would pick from Alex Magee, Vance Walker, Roy Miller, or Myron Pryor. These guys are all DT's who are stout against the run but not overpowering. Their real value lies in that they can win one on one match ups and rush the passer.

If you get a big run stuffer then you are essentially changing the style of the defense because you are going to have to blitz in passing situations or you think you can get to the QB with three guys.

A 4th round DT isn't going to make a big enough difference against the run to cancel out what he lacks in pass rush.

This is why I think the Colts pretty much have to get either Raji, Jerry, or Hood in the first two rounds.
Alex Magee is my pick for them.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read