Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-24-2009   #281
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I bet he was. Shaft has been on for an hour and still hasn't made his pick. He probably thought Allen would fall and didn't research anybody else for the pick. I would have prefered Allen @ 108 instead of Taylor.
Yea me too and I agree that Taylor would not start for us. I have watched every second of every Michigan game for the last 4 years (yes I did not miss a second of the Mich/OSU game this year) and Taylor did nothing but continue the trend of Michigan DT disappointments.

Gabe Watson and Alan Branch were amazing DT's for us when they were younger, but the older they got the less they produced. The same can be said for Taylor as he was an outstanding asset as an underclassmen, but wasn't even the best DT on the team last year.

I wouldn't have had a problem with Allen in the 4th as that's pretty much where he has been projected and I prefer CB over DT in the draft anyway. That's just my preference though.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #282
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't quite understand what you're saying. Could you explain?
I agree with JC, one is a CB and one is a DT so height is kinda irrelevant . .

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-24-2009   #283
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I bet he was. Shaft has been on for an hour and still hasn't made his pick. He probably thought Allen would fall and didn't research anybody else for the pick. I would have prefered Allen @ 108 instead of Taylor.
I am revising my list. I'm trying to work and draft at the same time and am also dealing with my dad's situation. My guy was allready taken though, I looked at the board wrong.

IMO, Taylor was a good pick and I stand by that one. Plus I think the only pick that you could say I reached on was Sidbury, but oh well, we need a good edge rusher.

I am now trying to convince myself not to go defense AGAIN. I don't think that the Texans would go d with each of their top 5 picks.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #284
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
And one is 6-0 306 pounds, while the other is 5-9 194 pounds, per http://www.draftcountdown.com/rankings/cb.php, so they're not exactly the same height.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #285
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What .... y'all are looking way to hard at this . My point is one's a 5'10 CB and the other is a 5'11 DT . The relevance is not really being inspired by a 5'11 DT but oh well .
Old 03-24-2009   #286
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who else would you guys have gone with at DT? It was before we signed Cody and DT was a huge need IMO. I had Taylor, Magee, Baker and Walker as the highest rated.
Old 03-24-2009   #287
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I am revising my list. I'm trying to work and draft at the same time and am also dealing with my dad's situation. My guy was allready taken though, I looked at the board wrong.

IMO, Taylor was a good pick and I stand by that one. Plus I think the only pick that you could say I reached on was Sidbury, but oh well, we need a good edge rusher.

I am now trying to convince myself not to go defense AGAIN. I don't think that the Texans would go d with each of their top 5 picks.
Have the Texans taken a RB yet? If not, they could really use one right about now.
Old 03-24-2009   #288
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who else would you guys have gone with at DT? It was before we signed Cody and DT was a huge need IMO. I had Taylor, Magee, Baker and Walker as the highest rated.
I think you try to pick guys who shouldn't be there at that point . Guys who fall through the cracks if you will ... he didn't fall through the crack . If there's not a player of value ... don't force it .
Old 03-24-2009   #289
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Taylor is a good pick, and I have to disagree...Gabe Watson and Alan Branch are still young and can produce, they just need playing time.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #290
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think you try to pick guys who shouldn't be there at that point . Guys who fall through the cracks if you will ... he didn't fall through the crack . If there's not a player of value ... don't force it .
I agree. Hence me (with the Rams) taking D.J. Moore in the 2nd, Josh Freeman in the 3rd, & Rashad Jennings in the 4th. All of those guys were projected ahead of where I took them. First you look for a need, then you look for value.

Taylor could have been available at this current pick, but even if he wasn't there are about 2-3 other DT's worthy of being drafted in his spot. Therefore taking him earlier hinders your draft a little bit because you could have gone elsewhere sooner (more value).

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-24-2009   #291
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I think Taylor is a good pick, and I have to disagree...Gabe Watson and Alan Branch are still young and can produce, they just need playing time.
What I meant was when they were younger (in college) they produced. The older they got the less they did. Both were drafted reasonably high and haven't done much. They are still young and are still more than capable of producing, but my point was that Taylor is only continuing the trend.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-24-2009   #292
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
I agree. Hence me (with the Rams) taking D.J. Moore in the 2nd, Josh Freeman in the 3rd, & Rashad Jennings in the 4th. All of those guys were projected ahead of where I took them. First you look for a need, then you look for value.

Taylor could have been available at this current pick, but even if he wasn't there are about 2-3 other DT's worthy of being drafted in his spot. Therefore taking him earlier hinders your draft a little bit because you could have gone elsewhere sooner (more value).
I used this link for a reference .

http://www.drafttek.com/

Shaft your draft is fine and probably no matter who you'd pick ... someone wouldn't be happy , your's happens to be the most analized . I would say it would be interesting if we all picked for the Texans after it's over .
Old 03-24-2009   #293
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
I used this link for a reference .

http://www.drafttek.com/

Shaft your draft is fine and probably no matter who you'd pick ... someone wouldn't be happy , your's happens to be the most analized . I would say it would be interesting if we all picked for the Texans after it's over .
You're right about that, but I realize we love our Texans.

Thanks for the link. The place I have been at the most is http://www.nfldraftscout.com. I like the way it's set up.

I have two players that I am researching right now. It should only take me a couple more minutes.
Old 03-24-2009   #294
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Their the same height .
Can Taylor play CB?
Old 03-24-2009   #295
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Can Taylor play CB?
Can he play DT ?
Old 03-24-2009   #296
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys I would be looking at for the Texans are RB James Davis, RB Jeremiah Johnson, RB Glen Coffee, RB Javon Ringer and SS Emanual Cook, CB DeAngelo Smith.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #297
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Guys I would be looking at for the Texans are RB James Davis, RB Jeremiah Johnson, RB Glen Coffee, RB Javon Ringer and SS Emanual Cook, CB DeAngelo Smith.
Glenn Coffee, get him to bulk up and we got Slatons thunder. Smith is a good CB at this point and James Davis looks good...I'd have to say Davis, Smith, Coffee, Cook, and Ringer in that order. Don't know much about Johnson...
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #298
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I said the same guys for the last Texans 4th round pick so I dunno.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #299
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think you have done a great job.

I personally would have taken S.L. Hill or C.Baker

With this pick I would take Javon Ringer.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #300
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can he play DT ?
Just messing with you.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read