Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2009   #32
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Da General's 1st Round Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Mathews was less productive than Maualuga. 29 solo tackles vs 51. He even had the benefit of teams having to focus on all the superior players around him, and still couldn't keep up.
Only tackles matter? Mathews had 6.5 more TFL, 4.5 more sacks, and 2 more FF. I would argue that despite the tackles, Mathews was more productive.

Quote:
Who thought of Mays as a top 10 pick? Some experts said he could be if he went back to school and showed he could be a star, but I've never heard anybody say he was going to be a high pick this year. His size and athleticism turns heads, but he has a long way to go before being taken in the top 20, much less top 10.
Lots of people, especially on this board. A lot of people here wanted him, but didn't think he would make it to 15.

Quote:
Funny how the Ravens and Stealers are great defenses, but still have guys near the top of the league in statistics pretty much every year.
So USC didn't have a great defense? Or Cushing, Mays, and Maualuga aren't great players?

Quote:
Mathews' 1 year of experience isn't really even as a traditional 4-3 OLB. USC runs a base 4-3 under, which puts the WILL linebacker over the A gap like a 3-4 BULL ILB.
I'm aware of the type of defense that USC runs. Mathews got playing time in 47 games while he was at USC. He was only a starter for one year, but he still saw the field.

I'm not advocating that Mathews should be our #1 choice in the first round. But I don't think we should throw out the possibility that he might be.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read