Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2005   #41
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

the pains of living in arizona, not getting to hear interviews like that. sounds great.
Old 04-26-2005   #42
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange
If you listened to Glenn on 610 this afternoon, he was pretty clear that he decided there was not going to be enough playing time for all four CB's. He said that Casserly and Capers had been upfront with him all along and had told him at the beginning of the offseason that they would be pursuing a corner and that Glenn was still part of the plan. If they had drafted a corner, that player would have eased into things and wouldn't have been expected to make a significant contribution on defense. However, Buchanon is ready to play right now. Glenn said that the Texans use three CB's in both the nickle and dime packages, usually bringing in an extra safety or a linebacker in the dime package and that whoever ended up the fourth CB probably wouldn't get much playing time at all. Even though Casserly and Capers both wanted him to stay, Glenn decided it was best for everyone if he went elsewhere and allowed the young Texan CB's to get the playing time they deserved.

It really sounded like he made his decision because he didn't want to see Faggins languish on the bench. Not that Glenn was afraid of competition, because he is going to a situation where the Cowboys have Newman at one spot and they just signed Henry to a large contract for the other CB spot. I bet Glenn has spent quite a bit of time tutoring Faggins and his proud to see how the former 6th rounder has progressed from a practice squad guy to someone who could be a quality #2 CB in this league.

After listening to Glenn's interview with Lord and Vandermeer I am even more impressed with Glenn than I ever have been and I am also impressed with the class that Casserly and Capers use in running the Texans.

Thanks for the update on the interview!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #43
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
the pains of living in arizona, not getting to hear interviews like that. sounds great.

shouldnt u be an arizona cardinals fan LOL
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #44
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

um no. the worst thing about leaving houston was giving up my texans season tickets
Old 04-27-2005   #45
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

walker and especially payne are in better situations than sharper, foreman, brown, and glenn. how many quality nose tackles are out there? quality Dlineman are hard to find and in our 3-4 system, they're worth alot more than a cb or lb. its alot easier to replace a lb or cb than a dlineman. thats how i see it anyway, just my opinion.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read