Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-21-2009   #161
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Myself and Pencil Neck like Follett, but it looks like we have 3+ votes for Hamlin.

I think the rule was made that we needed three votes, so Hamlin is the guy.

Objections?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #162
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Myself and Pencil Neck like Follett, but it looks like we have 3+ votes for Hamlin.

I think the rule was made that we needed three votes, so Hamlin is the guy.

Objections?
Both Hamlin & Follett would be good picks here.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #163
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Shaft, Bah, and Texan4ever voted Hamlin.

Myself and PNeck voted Follett.

JC - which do you like? You can tie it up or put Hamlin over the top, then we'll just need one for a tiebreaker.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-21-2009   #164
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Shaft, Bah, and Texan4ever voted Hamlin.

Myself and PNeck voted Follett.

JC - which do you like? You can tie it up or put Hamlin over the top, then we'll just need one for a tiebreaker.
Hamlin. I thought he would have been an early third round pick.
Old 03-21-2009   #165
DiehardChris
You betcha!

So that's 4-2.

Wanna make it official?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-21-2009   #166
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

With pick 104 the Oakland Raiders select... Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson.
Old 03-21-2009   #167
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

ROUND 4.

97.) Dallas Cowgirls (F/DET) Select: Derrick Williams, WR, Penn State

98.) Kansas City Chiefs Select: Xavier Fulton, OT, Illinois

99.) St. Louis Rams Select: Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty

100.) Cleveland Browns Select: T.J. Lang, OT Eastern Michigan

101.) Seattle Seahawks select: Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU.

102.) Cincinnati Bengals Select: A.Q. Shipley, C, Penn State.

103.) Jacksonville Jaguars Select: Frantz Joseph, Mlb, Florida Atlantic

104.) Oakland Raiders Select: Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson

105.) Green Bay Packers Select: Diehardchris

106.) Buffalo Bills Select: TexansSeminole

107.) San Francisco 49ers Select: Specnatz

108.) Houston Texans Select: Shaft75

109.) San Diego Chargers Select: Tailgate

110.) Denver Broncos Select:

Last edited by JCTexan; 03-21-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-21-2009   #168
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I would vote Michael Hamlin. A good value here in the 4th round.

Who's next?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #169
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I would vote Michael Hamlin. A good value here in the 4th round.

Who's next?
I am, then you I believe.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-21-2009   #170
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Diehard is up with the Pack.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #171
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Next 5 picks:

105.) Green Bay Packers Select: Diehardchris

106.) Buffalo Bills Select: TexansSeminole

107.) San Francisco 49ers Select: Specnatz

108.) Houston Texans Select: Shaft75

109.) San Diego Chargers Select: Tailgate
Old 03-21-2009   #172
DiehardChris
You betcha!

I'm doing just a little more research - pick will be up soon.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-21-2009   #173
DiehardChris
You betcha!

With the 105th pick in the draft, the Green Bay Packers select:

Andre Brown, RB, NC State

To me, it's insanity that Brown is still on the board at this point.

The Packers sank money into Ryan Grant, but he kind of went bust in 2008, and he's FAR from locked in as their back of the future. Backup Brandon Jackson is capable - and a lot of people think he should get a shot to start ahead of Grant in 2009 - but there's too much uncertainty around this group to go with the status quo, and a free agent signing won't make enough of a difference.

I seriously considered FS Derek Pegues here for safety depth - but Andre Brown is by FAR the best player on my board right now, and I think he could really strengthen a questionable position for GB. I guess you could say I chose value over need - but with Ryan Grant at the top of the depth chart, I don't think it's far fetched to say that they might spend a 4th rounder on a RB.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-21-2009   #174
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

The Buffalo Bills select: TE Cornelius Ingram, Florida

Got injured in his senior campaign but has alot of ability and could be a great TE in a couple years.
Old 03-21-2009   #175
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Alright - Spec is on the clock and I think he's working SXSW tonight, so he'll probably pick later on.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-21-2009   #176
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
To me, it's insanity that Brown is still on the board at this point.
Well, Andre Brown has had injury problems his whole football career. Sometimes it's hard to justify taking an injury riddled player early.

The 4th round is generally when teams go after guys like Andre Brown and Cornelius Ingram.
Old 03-21-2009   #177
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The Buffalo Bills select: TE Cornelius Ingram, Florida

Got injured in his senior campaign but has alot of ability and could be a great TE in a couple years.
Good pick teh Bills need a TE and he is a steal here.
Old 03-21-2009   #178
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Good pick teh Bills need a TE and he is a steal here.
Thank you. I did not anticipate that I would not pick a TE before round 4 but I like how it worked out.
Old 03-21-2009   #179
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Checking in and I think my guy might fall. Knockin on wood though!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009   #180
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Was it Metallica? I heard they were playing a surprise show.
I know I am up, and I will try to make pick before crashing (just got home). I am exhausted from working and having one of the major bosses cover my ass so I could see some shows while being paid. He and my brother ride together when he is in town, between his home in LA and Bastrop. Archangel, Silversun Pickups and yes I saw Metallica which I was pissed about. Right after the sound manager for the shows I was working got me into it, his buddy said he could get me in to Jane's Addiction. I missed out on the F'n Playboy party. So I get to go backstage with the sound guys for Metallica and while for some that sounds like good news, I miss the Bunnies.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read