Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-21-2009   #141
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I was literally about to post the same. All they've done to address their (what I think is a pretty desperate) need at CB is re-sign Scott Starks.

They could also use an OG I think... but CB looks like by far their biggest need.
I don't know, man. They could stand to draft a few more WR's. At this spot, maybe Brandon Gibson, Mike Wallace, or Mohamed Massaquoi.

Although at this spot, the better value may be CBs like Asher Allen or Kevin Barnes?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #142
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Anyway, I'll keep from posting player names until the clock is out. Don't want to jump the gun.
Oops.

Sorry.

I jumped the gun.
Old 03-21-2009   #143
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't know, man. They could stand to draft a few more WR's. At this spot, maybe Brandon Gibson, Mike Wallace, or Mohamed Massaquoi.

Although at this spot, the better value may be CBs like Asher Allen or Kevin Barnes?
I'd rather just wait until the time is up before going that far. The rep could still show up for them and he should get his time.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #144
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, guys sorry for being so late, today is the Islamic new year so Iv'e been busy with stuff...anyways, I know CB is a need for the Jags but with the loss of Mike Peterson the Jags select...

Frantz Joseph

Couldn't find a pic but those who don't know Joseph heres a video that explains what this guy brings in terms of talent and skill.

Frantz Joseph is a MLB and an excellent player who can cover as well as lay the hammer on opposing players. Del Rio well absolutly turn him into a beast and he fits the Jags perfectly.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...ntz-Joseph.php
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #145
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah, see I thought you might show up! Nice job getting the pick in.

JC - did GoldenSilence PM you a priority list?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-21-2009   #146
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nope. Group pick I guess?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #147
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

His name isn't bolded on jc's list and I think I remember him foregoing his team. Might want to check back in the old thread.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #148
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Found this in the old thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSilence
I can at least make it throug the fourth round though I am not as versed in some of the late round picks. While I haven't had a flashy draft for the Raiders I think that is something different in itself. I had to address one of the worst run defenses in the league and I think B.J. Raji will help tremendously will that. Javon Walker has not made the impact that they ahve hoped but if he's healthy this year Him and Britt will make great targets for Russell. My third round pick was hard to go with but if this offense is going to do anything next year they are going to have to be solid on the line. That was made difficult with Jake Grove leaving. I picked up whom I thought was the best center available in Caldwell.

So far I think Bah has done a good job for the Pack and I think Super Mario has done agood job retooling the Lions into a team that can bounce back from last year's disaster.
Old 03-21-2009   #149
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's something he said in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I'll try to make my pick for the fourth but I will be out of town this weekend. If my picks comes up tomorrow before I leave count me in.
So group pick?
Old 03-21-2009   #150
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post

So group pick?
Yeah, let's do it.

Oakland's take so far:

RAJI - DT
BRITT - WR
CALDWELL - C

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-21-2009   #151
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, let's do it.

Oakland's take so far:

RAJI - DT
BRITT - WR
CALDWELL - C

CB maybe since they released Hall and maybe S since they cut Wilson (who had a good year with them). However, I think I remember reading somewhere that they were changing schemes but don't quote me on that.

I think OT would be good here if there are any left that run a zone-blocking scheme.
Old 03-21-2009   #152
DiehardChris
You betcha!

I don't know if they've given up on Michael Huff yet, so maybe a safety like Derek Pueges.

They also need a SLB according to the stuff I'm reading.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-21-2009   #153
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post

So group pick?
Sure, why the hell not?
Old 03-21-2009   #154
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
I don't know if they've given up on Michael Huff yet, so maybe a safety like Derek Pueges.

They also need a SLB according to the stuff I'm reading.
Is SS Hamlin fast enough for Big Gay Al?

I could see them drafting an OLB, but only with blazing speed of course.
Old 03-21-2009   #155
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Personally, unless I hear something otherwise - my vote is for a SLB or SS. They have two excellent LBs in Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard, but their SLB is lacking.

Zack Follett? He's a local kid, hard hitter, super-aggressive. Might be a good fit.

Like Shaft said - SS might be a good pick.

Chip Vaughn is on the board, and the Raiders did cut their starter from last year, Gibril Wilson.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-21-2009   #156
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

I like Hamlin or Zach Follett here.
Old 03-21-2009   #157
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Is SS Hamlin fast enough for Big Gay Al?

I could see them drafting an OLB, but only with blazing speed of course.

Hamlinhas decent speed but is a playmaker which might please Al. However, I feel they could also use a WR to give Russell another target to pass to.
Old 03-21-2009   #158
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Personally, unless I hear something otherwise - my vote is for a SLB or SS. They have two excellent LBs in Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard, but their SLB is lacking.

Zack Follett? He's a local kid, hard hitter, super-aggressive. Might be a good fit.

Like Shaft said - SS might be a good pick.

Chip Vaughn is on the board, and the Raiders did cut their starter from last year, Gibril Wilson.
I think their biggest need at this point is SAM and I think Follett is the guy.
Old 03-21-2009   #159
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Hamlinhas decent speed but is a playmaker which might please Al. However, I feel they could also use a WR to give Russell another target to pass to.
They took a WR in the second round.

Like the Lions, they have too many needs to jump into the same position twice.

Hamlin looks like a good pick to me.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #160
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
They took a WR in the second round.

Like the Lions, they have too many needs to jump into the same position twice.

Hamlin looks like a good pick to me.

Hamlin sounds good to me, I vote for Michael Hamlin.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read