Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-20-2009   #101
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Member Mock Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Jennings is still a good pick at the top of the fourth round. He would be Jackson's backup if the Rams got him. Please don't complain about the pick just because Jennings didn't fall to you.
I never said it wasn't a good pick or a great value. I was thinking he was going to slide to the Texans, which would have been a great for me. There are other quality backs that will be there if I decide to go rb.

Now, shut your pie-hole and continue to moderate. Since you are in charge now, would you please update the picks? Thanks.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #102
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I don't buy the notion that a good RB combo needs one speed guy and one power guy. I would rather just have the two best guys I can get. That's just me though, I guess.
We absolutely need a good short yardage back. Look at most of the successful combos, Stewart/Williams, Whine/Dine, Jacobs/Ward, etc.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #103
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I never said it wasn't a good pick or a great value. I was thinking he was going to slide to the Texans, which would have been a great for me. There are other quality backs that will be there if I decide to go rb.

Now, shut your pie-hole and continue to moderate. Since you are in charge now, would you please update the picks? Thanks.

And Raji would have been a nice pick at #24 for the Falcons...

ROUND 4.

97.) Dallas Cowgirls (F/DET) Select: Derrick Williams, WR, Penn State

98.) Kansas City Chiefs Select: Xavier Fulton, OT, Illinois

99.) St. Louis Rams Select: Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty

100.) Cleveland Browns Select: T.J. Lang, OT Eastern Michigan

The Seahawks are on the clock... group pick?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #104
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We absolutely need a good short yardage back. Look at most of the successful combos, Stewart/Williams, Whine/Dine, Jacobs/Ward, etc.
We do need a good back on the goal line, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a power back.

Priest Holmes was excellent inside the 5 and he was more of an elusive guy than anything else.

If it were me running the draft, if I decided to go running back I would take the best guy at that spot, not the biggest guy.

I guess we just differ there.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #105
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'm recommending a WR or Dline for the Hawks. I understand they got Housh in FA, but WR is still a need.

HOU-TEX's pick would be, Matt Shaughnessy, Wisconsin DE

or

Johnny Knox, Abilene Christian WR

I think I'd lean towards defense by going with the DE. What say you?
Quote:
And Raji would have been a nice pick at #24 for the Falcons...

ROUND 4.

97.) Dallas Cowgirls (F/DET) Select: Derrick Williams, WR, Penn State

98.) Kansas City Chiefs Select: Xavier Fulton, OT, Illinois

99.) St. Louis Rams Select: Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty

100.) Cleveland Browns Select: T.J. Lang, OT Eastern Michigan

The Seahawks are on the clock... group pick?
I posted my thoughts on the Seahawks earlier. Thoughts?
Old 03-20-2009   #106
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Seahawks could use a Guard, another WR, Safety and or CB. LB would also be something we should look at since they traded away Julian Peterson.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #107
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I posted my thoughts on the Seahawks earlier. Thoughts?
I like Knox, Deon Butler or Mike Wallace here. All of their 40's made them worth the selection imo.
Old 03-20-2009   #108
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Seahawks could use a Guard, another WR, Safety and or CB. LB would also be something we should look at since they traded away Julian Peterson.
They have already selected a guard in this draft.

4.) Eugene Monroe, OT, Virgina
37.) Sean smith, CB/S, Utah
68.) Andy Levitre, OG, Oregon State
Old 03-20-2009   #109
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Via PM from Wolverinefan with the 99th pick in the draft the St. Louis Rams select... Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty.
Son of a *****!!!!! I new it!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Cadogan was selected 96th overall by the Steelers. You guys can't have him!
SORRY! I thought I had the list complete. It was really late when I made and I was really tired. I was hoping it would speed things up but apperently it didnt do any good.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #110
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They are completely different backs. Slaton is a burner and Jennings would be the force. Stephen Jackson can mix it up in the middle. Jennings and Jackson wouldn't compliment as well as Jennings and Slaton.
I understand what you're saying here, but like bah said earlier they don't have to "compliment" each other for it to work. They are actually very similar in style so that would be useful in the fact that nothing has to change in the offense when the other one is in.

Jackson can both run with speed and with power which means having a speedier compliment to him isn't really a need. With Jennings you get someone who, while unproven, can also run with speed and power. IMO it's a great pairing.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #111
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe, Jonathon Casillas or Zack Follett? Or Demetrius Byrd or Mohamed Massaquoi?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #112
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Maybe, Jonathon Casillas or Zack Follett? Or Demetrius Byrd or Mohamed Massaquoi?
I guess I'd pick Byrd .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #113
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Second Byrd.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #114
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35 View Post
Second Byrd.
I'll third the pick.
Old 03-20-2009   #115
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Zach Folett...at this point he is a steal IMO. I vote Folett.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #116
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote Follett

He could replace Peterson one day.

He can help upgrade ST right away.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #117
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will take the Jets unless we are going to do group picks with the vacant teams.

It isn't like the Redskins have any draft picks. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #118
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

So is Byrd the pick! Am I up?
Old 03-21-2009   #119
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I will take the Jets unless we are going to do group picks with the vacant teams.

It isn't like the Redskins have any draft picks. LOL
You can have the Jets. Group picks haven't really been working out anyway.
Old 03-21-2009   #120
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
So is Byrd the pick! Am I up?
I don't mind making him the pick, I was just hoping we could have come to an agreement first. Is everyone fine with Byrd being the pick?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read