Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2005   #21
THEFUTURE
All Pro

well yeah but it happens.. we can either be a team that loads up on salary cap vets, or be a team that manages the cap with young talent, and keeps the amount of big pay vets to a low
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #22
Sco-tai
Veteran

Default Ses...

"yet everywhere else I can find 20 quotes to 1 that imply different."...

If we're going to take the "experts" thoughts over reality...why are the Rockets up 2 - 0. As I recall...the 'perts (all 5 on ESPN) picked Dallas.

OOPS!

The fact is bro, we're fans. Our J.O.B is NOT to go to Reliant, watch game film, confer with scouts, eval backgrounds, etc. For you to presume to take what you read on USATODAY as fact is beyond preposterous...it's straight-up silly. CC & staff are pros...benefit of the doubt is theres, man.

Look at our draft history....our "win - loss" is WAY in favor of win. Minus Hill and a few "oops", we've done GREAT. Not to mention CC's "pre-texan" record.

Don't get me wrong...I was "this" close to throwing my pint when DJ was drafted by KC. But I also realize my own fault which is I dig TEXAS-BASED players...college or otherwise...because they're from Texas. Homer...to a degree. But not when you look at the "entire picture". SES...it just doesn't add up, man. Nice try...I suppose.
Sco-tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #23
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
To be on , I see a lot of pessimistic posts on here. I don't know if I'm a dummy, not worth talking to, or what, but when I post something positive it takes about a month(or 24 hrs.; whichever comes first) before a reply is posted. So, in short, I think it's you.
that's just cause you're a dummy who's not worth talking to...

I guess it is true that people tend to repond to the negatives first and strongest... just like on the local news... "we love dirty laundry"
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #24
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
that's just cause you're a dummy who's not worth talking to...

I guess it is true that people tend to repond to the negatives first and strongest... just like on the local news... "we love dirty laundry"
That is a personal attack and I am deeply offended. SHAME ON YOU
Old 04-26-2005   #25
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
That is a personal attack and I am deeply offended. SHAME ON YOU

tryin to keep things lighthearted... or am I? lol
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #26
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3214 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans84 could tell you that during the draft, I wasnt pleased in the least bit with how things transpired in the 1 rd for us. I was rather ticked off, actually. Compared to many of the people around us in Reliant who were booing, I was pretty calm though. I was also seriously agitated over hearing that AG had skipped practice the day before because he was unhappy and could be traded. However, I feel those were knee-jerk reactions. Having a few days to think it all through, I dont think it'll be as bad as it seems. As I stated to 84 at the stadium, I will hold off on my "Fire ..." comments til towards the end of the season, giving the FO the benefit of the doubt for now. At the end of the season if DJ does as good as anticipated and TJ doesnt, I may be ranting and raving with the resident grouches, such as Ibar and FatBoy.
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #27
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

OMG I just woke up from a 4 day nap and realized we PASSED ON DJ !!!!!!!!!! Somebody please tell me this is all a bad dream ..... How can I go on?????
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #28
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
...yeah

I'm enjoying this off-season .. it's not BORING.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #29
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Think of the Titans and all the quality players they have to cut yearly. At least under our circumstances we have replacements for the guys.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read