Join Date: Mar 2009
Rep Power: 0
3dgaroo's Mock Draft vs. 0.1 beta
1. Detroit - Matthew Stafford - Next years QB talent poor will be a lot greater so Detroit may trade out. Conventional wisdom says its Stafford or J.Smith.
2. St. Louis - Aaron Curry - Steve Spagnolo is a defensive guy with needs on offense, especially O-line. I think the offense can endure for a bit while somebody to unite this talented defense is brought in.
3. Kansas City - B.J. Rajii - Of course this will be a defensive pick. Don't forget that the 3-4 defense starts with the NT.
4. Seattle - Jason Smith - Will not pass this point regardless of who's picking. J. Smith is riskier pick than Monroe, but has a lot more upside. If he doesn't become great, he will be a regular starter at least.
5. Cleveland - Malcolm Jenkins - Best overall DB in the draft. He will bring attitude and aggressiveness to a nameless defense. They could go with Orakpo, but they don't want another Kamerion Wimberly.
6. Cincinnati- Michael Crabtree - With T.J. gone and Ocho-Cinco not being the humble guy he once was, Crabtree will be a nice target to keep Carson Palmer a star QB that he is.
7. Oakland - Brian Orakpo - So what of he doesn't fit the scheme, his numbers at the combine are good, thats good enough for Al Davis. This is assuming Cleveland doesn't take him.
8. Jacksonville - Eugene Monroe - Jacksonville was such a disappointment last year, but they will add consistency with what should be a 10 year starter in Monroe.
9. Green Bay - Tyson Jackson - He will fit in the 3-4 scheme the pack want to run, maybe not as a NT but as an end.
10. San Francisco - Mark Sanchez - They hate the pick but are pressured into making it.
11. Buffalo - Brandon Pettigrew - Buffalo is a wild card come draft day but people don't realize that they really are very conservative in their approach. Nonetheless, they will pick a solid all around proven player. Pettigrew will do okay.
12. Denver - Rey Maualuga - This would be the best defensive player available pick. They really wish they could grab a d-lineman but Maualuga will help them out too.
13. Washington - Darrius Heyward-Bey - They need a wide out who is hungry and will make a misery out of Dallas, New York and Phillies' weak nickel backs.
14. New Orleans - Alphonso Smith - They need defensive back help after their FA in past years haven't panned out.
15. Houston - Michael Oher - Okay, let me explain. We go best player available. Oher can play both guard spots where he will dominate or he can move out to LT or RT if Duane Brown or Eric Winston don't work out. Watching his film, he is better than Monroe and Smith right now and has the strength to immediately contribute. Think goal-line situations where we where horrendous this past year. At this point with the best defensive tackles gone, no defensive ends worth mentioning, linebackers coming a dime a dozen every year, this selection helps keep Shaub healthy, makes Slaton a power back, and brings competition to almost everyone on the line.
16. San Diego - Everette Brown - They can't let up on their aggressive defense. Brown helps them keep trucking if Merriman should be out again and he provides scheming versatility.
17. New York Jets - Chris Wells - They need a young big back to compliment Washington. Sharing the load should keep Wells healthy.
18. Chicago - Jeremy Maclin - They need to keep adding pieces around Forte until they are in position to draft a franchise QB.
19. Tampa Bay - Perria Jerry - Fits the scheme well and the new coach is a defensive guy.
20. Detroit - Knowshon Moreno - Keep building around your franchise QB and what better way to do it than with immediate chemistry.
21. Philadelphia - Louis Delmas - They have to replace Dawkins.
22. Minnesota - Clay Matthews will keep this defense good.
23. New England - Larry English - Typical New England type of player who will take Vrable's spot
24. Atlanta - Percy Havin - Gives young Ryan a legit weapon
25. Miami - Ron Brace - Will develop to be a good NT. Parcells knows how to build a team.
26. Baltimore - Clint Sintim, good linebacker that will get coached by the best.
27. Indianapolis - Evander Hood - They need a defensive tackle
28. Philadelphia - D.J. Moore - They fix their secondary and give Sheldon some walking papers.
29. New York Giants - Alex Mack - They add best player available
30. Tennessee - Vontae Davis - They need to compete with our fast developing recievers.
31. Arizona - Andre Smith - Looking back at the Super Bowl tape, the interior line was horrible for Arizona. Smith is a reach here but there must have been something about him that had him ranked so high before
32. Pittsburgh - William Moore - His presence in this defense will help re-build the steal curtain.
Please give it as much criticism as possible for my first post
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|