Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-10-2009   #21
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
That is because they had him playing LT and in the NFL he would be a Guard. He is athletic and moves well and would be a good fit for the ZBS.
I removed him from my OL watch list a ways back because of injuries. Shoulder and knee problems 2 out of 3 years. No thank you.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I removed him from my OL watch list a ways back because of injuries. Shoulder and knee problems 2 out of 3 years. No thank you.
I can not find any link discussing injuries that will keep him from playing NFL. This one said he missed on game in college for the suspension over the beer bottle to a head incident over a year ago. He was not charged.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...field?id=71243
Old 03-11-2009   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Ok cut eleven. I wanna see it. Bring eleven in, eleven gotta go. got roster spots for Brunner, Zgonnia....Efferan....you got three, eight to go.
Is that not why they have training camp and OTA's? You seem caught up in the numbers drafted, yet Kubes always talks about adding picks and then sorting it out on the field. If you like other guys or think I went too far in trading down to get extra picks that is your opinion and you can just say so.

I could see for example Cedric Peerman beating out Moats and Gartrell Johnson winning a spot with Slaton and Peerman as only Slaton has guaranteed job imo. So there are 2 more spots. Aaron Kelly could beat out David Anderson for WR. It is possible and JJ could get cut. Okam could get cut allowing Brace that spot. I can see one of the CBs going such as Petey or even Molden. The latter is a coach's darling but may not be what they expected. Is it possible that Nading goes? Robert Ayers slides in. I am not saying all will be on roster, but there are few guarantees anyway.
Old 03-12-2009   #24
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Is that not why they have training camp and OTA's? You seem caught up in the numbers drafted, yet Kubes always talks about adding picks and then sorting it out on the field. If you like other guys or think I went too far in trading down to get extra picks that is your opinion and you can just say so.

I could see for example Cedric Peerman beating out Moats and Gartrell Johnson winning a spot with Slaton and Peerman as only Slaton has guaranteed job imo. So there are 2 more spots. Aaron Kelly could beat out David Anderson for WR. It is possible and JJ could get cut. Okam could get cut allowing Brace that spot. I can see one of the CBs going such as Petey or even Molden. The latter is a coach's darling but may not be what they expected. Is it possible that Nading goes? Robert Ayers slides in. I am not saying all will be on roster, but there are few guarantees anyway.
I thought you'd say something like that. the reality is you've got fifty-three slots. And when you consider the cap.....there are certain non starters who are untouchable because of the value of their cap and their efficency on the feild. Yeah they bring in a lot of free agents... but there are a core of players on this team....who will have to have some pretty bad misfortune to get cut. And I'm telling you they ain't got eight slots no more....and they aren't going to hide third and forth round guys on the PS. and Moats is one of those efficent guys. He ain't going anywhere....try again.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-12-2009 at 06:58 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009   #25
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
and Moats is one of those efficent guys. He ain't going anywhere....try again.
Are you really suggesting that Moats is that good? Can not be replaced? Try again. badboy has a point about JJ, Okam, Petey, Moats, all these guys are a bad training camp away from needing a new team.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
I thought you'd say something like that. the reality is you've got fifty-three slots. And when you consider the cap.....there are certain non starters who are untouchable because of the value of their cap and their efficency on the feild. Yeah they bring in a lot of free agents... but there are a core of players on this team....who will have to have some pretty bad misfortune to get cut. And I'm telling you they ain't got eight slots no more....and they aren't going to hide third and forth round guys on the PS. and Moats is one of those efficent guys. He ain't going anywhere....try again.
I re-read my posts to see where I said any of my 3-4 round picks would be hidden on practice squad. As I did say, I believe my guys have a solid chance of making the final roster. You mention "certain non- starters who are untouchable because of cap.." Earl Cochran fits that description and he was cut yesterday. Your whole premise seems to be I drafted too many players for your taste, yet this is the exact way Texan's operate. They bring in many players annually (see trade down last season to get extra picks) and then the best get a roster slot. Sure some of them need development, but each draft we can say that about someone.
Old 03-15-2009   #27
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

You got eight slots and I'm still waiting for you to quit obfuscating.

http://www.inthebullseye.com/cap2009.html

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-15-2009 at 01:48 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read