Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-09-2009   #21
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: YoungTexanFan's newest projection

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
You're Hired YTF. Rock solid draft for the Texans. Banged the holes, but took some chance on some high end pay offs. Good job.
Thanks Pete.
Old 03-09-2009   #22
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
What do you think about Glen Coffee? My knowledge of the college game is severely limited but from what I saw he looked like he would be a good fit in our system. Or do you think he might be drafted too high to be considered for the Texans?

Although Gartrell Johnson would not be a bad fit it seems. You don't need to home run potential running backs. Slaton obviously has that filled. I guess Johnson would be the short yardage back we need.
Coffee won't be drafted high, and the Johnson pick might be higher than Coffee's stock. I'm just not a fan of Coffee. He has good size for a RB, and is a pretty good blocker in pass-protection, but he just doesn't excite me as a RB prospect.

The more I think about it, the less I'm inclined to think we HAVE to draft a 230+lb RB.
Old 03-10-2009   #23
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Any more feedback? Tear this thing apart guys.
Old 03-10-2009   #24
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Any more feedback? Tear this thing apart guys.
Well, heck. It looks good to me.

Do you like Hamlin over William Moore, Chip Harris, and Chris Clemons or do you think they'll be gone by our second pick? Or do you think he'll fit what we're wanting to do more than the other guys?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #25
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Round 1:
Brian Cushing, OLB, USC
If he had less injuries I'd be sold even with the steroid thing hanging out there. Matthews is my pick here, he seems to bring the similar physical tools with a well known work ethic, not to mention the connections to Houston. Cushing certainly fits our bill of injured OLBers.

Round 2:
Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson
GREAT pick, not sure 2nd round or 3rd but I like this dude.

Round 3:
Lawrence Sidbury Jr., DE, Richmond
Meh. OG/OC/RB all candidates here too.

Round 4, Pick A:
Andy Levitre, OG, Oregon State
Good.

Round 4, Pick B:
Gartrell Johnson, RB, Colorado State
Besides the C-state thing and the power back thing I just think another guy is coming earlier than this. Good pick for this round though.

Round 5:
Mark Parson, CB, Ohio
I got nothing.

Round 6:
Kaluka Maiava, OLB, USC
Eh, solid depth.

Round 7:
Austin Collie, WR, BYU
I think we'll see a pick like this too. Good job man.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #26
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would I tear something up that I absolutly love ? Great job for what we know seven weeks out....what is it now forty nine days ?
Old 03-10-2009   #27
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58086 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Why would I tear something up that I absolutly love ? Great job for what we know seven weeks out....what is it now forty nine days ?
45 days 16 hours 23 minutes 36 seconds
mussop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #28
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58086 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Coffee won't be drafted high, and the Johnson pick might be higher than Coffee's stock. I'm just not a fan of Coffee. He has good size for a RB, and is a pretty good blocker in pass-protection, but he just doesn't excite me as a RB prospect.

The more I think about it, the less I'm inclined to think we HAVE to draft a 230+lb RB.
I like Coffee. He runs hard, has good vision and like you said, blocks good in pass protection. IMO he would a great backup to Slaton.
mussop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #29
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Well, heck. It looks good to me.

Do you like Hamlin over William Moore, Chip Harris, and Chris Clemons or do you think they'll be gone by our second pick? Or do you think he'll fit what we're wanting to do more than the other guys?
I feel that Moore is a FS until proven otherwise. We are really looking for a SS though it seems like we always draft one. I like Chip Harris actually, but I don't think he's quite the player that Hamlin is. I don't think there will be many, if any, safeties gone by our second round pick. The talent is really barren. Delmas might be the first safety to go at this point, and that is just an indication of a weak overall class. The stereotypical FS has a much higher premium than the stereotypical SS. I feel that Hamlin brings enough experience to compete for a starting spot right away. He's a playmaker as much as you really want in a SS and he really plays well close to the line more so as a traditional SS.
Old 03-10-2009   #30
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

double post.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read