Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009   #361
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I was thinking that with the loss of Rocky Bernard, a DT like Ziggy Hood would be a good pick.

There is a *certain* player on my mind, who I want BADLY but would be a good pick for the Hawks'
Old 03-10-2009   #362
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 38th pick the Cincinati Bengals selct Clint Sintim.

If fixing the offensive line is job 1 for the Bengals this offseason, fixing the pass rush is job 1a. The Bengals had just 17 sacks last season, tied with the Browns for second-fewest in the league. Adding Sintim next to Keith Rivers not only bolsters an average LB group but also improves their ability to rush the passer. Sintim led the entire country in linebacker sacks as a senior with eleven.

Players considered here were

Robert Ayers - but with about $60 million invested in two current defensive ends, Antwan Odom and Robert Geathers, plus former third-round pick Frostee Rucker in the fold, I have to get my sacks from somewhere else.

Ron Brace - Just felt this was to high for him.

Max Unger - Center Eric Ghiacuic consistently struggled against top-tier defensive linemen, is not expected to return and his backup is converted guard Dan Santucci, a seventh-round pick in 2007. Just felt that I could get a quality C later in the draft.
Old 03-10-2009   #363
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 39th overall pick in the 2nd round...the Jags select...

Ron Brace - DT - Boston College

After loosing Marcus Stroud, the Jags d-line sturggled so this is why Brace makes sense. Powerful, big, and stout at the point of attack, Brace and Henderson will once again dominate the d-line.
Old 03-10-2009   #364
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brace makes sense for the Jags because they like to have two run stuffers in the middle but I just don't get the love affair from the internet gurus with this guy.

He is the same exact player as Frank Okam, who we got in the 5th round last year.

I don't mean to come down on you for the pick, but you could have gotten a different one dimensional DT of equal talent later in the draft.
Old 03-10-2009   #365
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Brace makes sense for the Jags because they like to have two run stuffers in the middle but I just don't get the love affair from the internet gurus with this guy.

He is the same exact player as Frank Okam, who we got in the 5th round last year.

I don't mean to come down on you for the pick, but you could have gotten a different one dimensional DT of equal talent later in the draft.

True, but I'm not sure if Filla Mola from USC or Terrance Taylor from Michigan would fit b/c both of these players need to be on certain scheme-specfic teams. Brace eats up space and can colasspe the pocket and Henderson can coach him up. Dunno of any injuries but Brace would excel under Del Rio IMO.
Old 03-10-2009   #366
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He is the same exact player as Frank Okam, who we got in the 5th round last year.I don't mean to come down on you for the pick, but you could have gotten a different one dimensional DT of equal talent later in the draft.
I have been saying this for awhile now.
Old 03-10-2009   #367
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I have been saying this for awhile now.
Well that makes two of us.

I don't buy into his hype at all. He is a big guy that can hold down blockers. He can't collapse the pocket and he can't chase down a play unless it is coming directly into his gap.

He is a one-dimensional player. I think he would be ideal in a 34 where he can keep guys off the LB's, but other than that I don't think he has much value.
Old 03-10-2009   #368
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well that makes two of us.

I don't buy into his hype at all. He is a big guy that can hold down blockers. He can't collapse the pocket and he can't chase down a play unless it is coming directly into his gap.

He is a one-dimensional player. I think he would be ideal in a 34 where he can keep guys off the LB's, but other than that I don't think he has much value.
So you saying you wanted him for the Packers NG .
Old 03-10-2009   #369
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with y'all. I think Brace easily has a place in the NFL and could be a good NT. I don't want him for the Texans at all unless it's a later round pick like Okam was.

Jags do like their big bodied DTs though so the pick make sense. I would have figured a WR/CB with this pick though.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Old 03-10-2009   #370
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
So you saying you wanted him for the Packers NG .
In the 3rd or 4th round maybe.

If he had dropped to me here, there is no way I would select him though. There are way better players available right now.

I'm down to three guys right now, depending on who Oakland selects. Brace wasn't even on my radar at this selection.
Old 03-10-2009   #371
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 03-10-2009   #372
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In the 3rd or 4th round maybe.

If he had dropped to me here, there is no way I would select him though. There are way better players available right now.

I'm down to three guys right now, depending on who Oakland selects. Brace wasn't even on my radar at this selection.
I'm behind you but I don't see conflicts with us .
Old 03-10-2009   #373
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I'm eagerly awaiting for the Texans to get up!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Old 03-10-2009   #374
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I was thinking that with the loss of Rocky Bernard, a DT like Ziggy Hood would be a good pick.
The only reason I didnt go with a high ranked DT is because they signed that guy via FA
Old 03-10-2009   #375
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The only reason I didnt go with a high ranked DT is because they signed that guy via FA
I think you made the right choice.

Smith is my top ranked safety.
Old 03-10-2009   #376
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Colin Cole, 5 years, 20 million. Not a backups contract
Old 03-10-2009   #377
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Now this is where the Texans school other teams, after the 1st round. Just keep in mind that 2 or 3 of my next picks are going to be pro bowlers one day.
Old 03-10-2009   #378
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Me too. I'm already getting ready to boo him if he makes a bad pick.
Old 03-10-2009   #379
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Me too. I'm already getting ready to boo him if he makes a bad pick.
Boo yourself! I'm picking BKA.
Old 03-10-2009   #380
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Boo yourself! I'm picking BKA.
Best kicker available? That's what I would do too.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read