Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009   #341
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
nice pick. who was that other RB named Brown that use to play in Cleveland?
Jaime
Old 03-10-2009   #342
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Height really means nothing for NFL CB's these days though. All the WR's are 6'2+ while all the CB's are under 6 feet.

Moore is 5'10 185 lbs so he actually has decent size for a CB.
Actually at the combine he checked in at 5-8 7/8 .

That is anything but decent size for a CB.
Old 03-10-2009   #343
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

Hmm well I didn't watch the combine, but I looked at his draft profile and it said 5'10.

5'8/5'9 is not great size, but I've seen the guy play and when you can play ball then you can play ball. I don't care how big you are.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-10-2009   #344
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

Butler is 5'11 and faster than both . He also has a 44" vertical , plus he was the best CB at the Senior Bowl .
Old 03-10-2009   #345
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, 2nd round has begun already??? Is anyone checking which teams are supposed to be drafting according to the actual 2009 NFL Draft (meaning the positions of the teams in the 2nd round)?
Old 03-10-2009   #346
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Wow, 2nd round has begun already??? Is anyone checking which teams are supposed to be drafting according to the actual 2009 NFL Draft (meaning the positions of the teams in the 2nd round)?

Check here. I have updated the 2nd round accordingly.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59395

37.) Seattle Seahawks Select: gtexan02
38.)
Cincinnati Bengals Select: Mussop
39.) Jacksonville Jaguars Select: Texan4Ever
40.)Oakland Raiders Select: Golden Silence
41.) Green Bay Packers Select: bah007

Last edited by Blake; 03-10-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-10-2009   #347
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why would you think we'd do it in some other order?
Old 03-10-2009   #348
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Maybe he wanted to make sure that we have included the changes from the recent draft pick trades (Cassel, Winslow)?...
Old 03-10-2009   #349
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Reverse order just screw the Lions.
Old 03-10-2009   #350
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Maybe he wanted to make sure that we have included the changes from the recent draft pick trades (Cassel, Winslow)?...
Have the compensary picks been announced yet?
Old 03-10-2009   #351
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

They haven't been determined yet.

The reason I asked about the draft order is b/c nfl.com has the draft order posted and I wanted to know if we were following that format (which we are).
Old 03-10-2009   #352
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, Im having some trouble deciding on this one...
Old 03-10-2009   #353
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

Hawks' got a good OT in the 1st, I suggest going defense or picking up a WR. Maybe even consider a OG??? They need help at safety also and a CB wouldn't hurt either.

Still stuck...ask Charlie Casserly, he knows whats best!
Old 03-10-2009   #354
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 37th pick in the NFL draft, the Seattle Seahawks select:

Sean Smith, CB/S, Utah

Sean Smith is an interesting case, because he's been projected somewhere between the 1st and the 3rd. I think his excellent combine performance, his elite size and speed, and his intense competitiveness help him move up the draft board. His ability to play either S or CB in the NFL is a plus for the Seahawks, who have big holes at both. They can see where he fits in better during minicamp and move from there
Old 03-10-2009   #355
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I'm not sure if you're asking for suggestions, but I can offer a couple ideas.
I know you already grabbed an OT, but they could still use a C. Max Unger maybe?

They're in need of a FS too, I think. Possibly Sean Smith or Delmas?

OLB, Sintim?

Just off the top of my head ideas.

*edit: Nevermind That's a solid pick, gtex
Old 03-10-2009   #356
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Sean Smith is a good pick. He is listed at 6'3" and well no doubt be able to handle the likes of Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss. He also has good speed but I project him to play SS, like a Kerry Rhodes.
Old 03-10-2009   #357
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sean Smith is a good pick. He is listed at 6'3" and well no doubt be able to handle the likes of Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss. He also has good speed but I project him to play SS, like a Kerry Rhodes.
Randy Moss? They don't even play the Pats this year.
Old 03-10-2009   #358
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Superbowl .
Old 03-10-2009   #359
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

That was just an ex. and I do think they can get to the SuperBowl given 2-3 years.
Old 03-10-2009   #360
Blake
MMQB

I was thinking that with the loss of Rocky Bernard, a DT like Ziggy Hood would be a good pick.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read