Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009   #321
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Via PM from BigBull17, the Arizona Cardinals Select:

Larry English, DE/OLB, Northern Illinois

is it me or does #51 look like a Middle Linebacker? aggressive, plays with edge, instinctive to the ball & explosive tackler. nice pick
Old 03-10-2009   #322
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
is it me or does #51 look like a Middle Linebacker? aggressive, plays with edge, instinctive to the ball & explosive tackler. nice pick
Yeah. I may have changed my pick if I had noticed Maybin was there at 31, but I just assumed he wasnt there. Oh well.
Old 03-10-2009   #323
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Round 1 is in the books. Remember you can see all the picks HERE.

Round 2 is underway with:

Patriots - rmartin65
Rams - WolverineFan
Browns - HOU-TEX

Old 03-10-2009   #324
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Biggest surprise: Beatty going before Britton.

Best Value: Pettigrew @ 28 to Philly.
Old 03-10-2009   #325
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 34th pick in the draft, the New England Patriots select OLB Connor Barwin, from Cincinnati.

Explanation will follow shortly.
Old 03-10-2009   #326
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

And Maybin continues to fall!
Old 03-10-2009   #327
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
And Maybin continues to fall!
The next 3-4 team is the Browns, but they already took Orakpo.
Old 03-10-2009   #328
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Connor Barwin

This might seem a little high for Barwin, but I could not risk not getting him. His combine numbers were lights out among the D linemen, and his play on the field backs it up. He is a Patriots player, a great team guy who can play multiple positions. He will take Vrabel's spot, both on defense and on the goal line.
Old 03-10-2009   #329
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Connor Barwin

This might seem a little high for Barwin, but I could not risk not getting him. His combine numbers were lights out among the D linemen, and his play on the field backs it up. He is a Patriots player, a great team guy who can play multiple positions. He will take Vrabel's spot, both on defense and on the goal line.
Nicely done, they sure got young at the LB position with he and Laurinaitis... that was desperately needed.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Old 03-10-2009   #330
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Nicely done, they sure got young at the LB position with he and Laurinaitis... that was desperately needed.
Yep. I decided that with Laurenaitis, Barwin, and Mayo from last year, they are set at the position for quite a while.
Old 03-10-2009   #331
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Connor Barwin

I like Barwin. I grabbed him in the last mock in the 2nd round too. I think he fits Belichick perfectly. Nice pick
Old 03-10-2009   #332
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 35th pick the St. Louis Rams select . . .

CB D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt

By taking an OT in the 1st round, I knew needed to go defense in the 2nd and CB is a big need for the Rams. By adding Moore the Rams add one of the top 3 CB's in the draft.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-10-2009   #333
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
With the 35th pick the St. Louis Rams select . . .

CB D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt

By taking an OT in the 1st round, I knew needed to go defense in the 2nd and CB is a big need for the Rams. By adding Moore the Rams add one of the top 3 CB's in the draft.
Dammit man! He was one of my options

I'll be back shortly to make the Brownies pick
Old 03-10-2009   #334
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Dammit man! He was one of my options

I'll be back shortly to make the Brownies pick
I almost took him over Johnson. Too bad he is 5' nothing.
Old 03-10-2009   #335
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I almost took him over Johnson. Too bad he is 5' nothing.
Height really means nothing for NFL CB's these days though. All the WR's are 6'2+ while all the CB's are under 6 feet.

Moore is 5'10 185 lbs so he actually has decent size for a CB.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-10-2009   #336
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

With the 36th pick in the 2009 TT draft, the Cleveland Browns select:

Donald Brown, RB out of UConn

With an aging Lewis, Brown would surely bolster the Browns lackluster backfield from day 1. Other positions that were considered are Oline and CB, but figured Brown was the BPA at a needed position.

Old 03-10-2009   #337
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Height really means nothing for NFL CB's these days though. All the WR's are 6'2+ while all the CB's are under 6 feet.

Moore is 5'10 185 lbs so he actually has decent size for a CB.
I'll bet Butler goes before both . He's bigger, faster , stronger , with a 44" vertical . He also had the best feet and the most fluid hips at the combine , for CB's .
Old 03-10-2009   #338
rmartin65
I'm Score

Two good picks... I really like Brown, he will be phenomenal in Cleveland.
Old 03-10-2009   #339
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
With the 36th pick in the 2009 TT draft, the Cleveland Browns select:

Donald Brown, RB out of UConn

With an aging Lewis, Brown would surely bolster the Browns lackluster backfield from day 1. Other positions that were considered are Oline and CB, but figured Brown was the BPA at a needed position.

nice pick. who was that other RB named Brown that use to play in Cleveland?
Old 03-10-2009   #340
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I'll bet Butler goes before both . He's bigger, faster , stronger , with a 44" vertical . He also had the best feet and the most fluid hips at the combine , for CB's .
Well he is pretty much an unknown to me so he needs to take his talents and put them out on the field. Moore was the difference maker on Vandy's defense last year and when you watched them he stood out.

I had never heard of Butler before the combine, not to say he's not a great player, it's just that I prefer an established player over a combine stud. He could very well turn out to be great, but I already know what I'm getting by taking Moore. I feel pretty good about taking him early 2nd round.

- The Immortal Bo
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read