Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2009   #261
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
How are they supposed to get Moore or Butler?

Those guys will both be gone late 1st/early 2nd.

Allright if you dont think they will be available replace them with any of
Sean Smith Utah, Coye Francies San Jose St, Jairus Byrd Oregon, Victor Harris Virginia Tech, Mike Mickens Cincinnati, DeAngelo Smith Cincinnati

Any of them combined with DHB would be a better combination than Davis and Robiski.
Old 03-09-2009   #262
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Patriots - rmartin65
Falcons - JCTexan
Dolphins - Honoring Earl 34
Ravens - DiehardChris

rmartin65 is up but not here right now. I see JC, Earl and Chris are all here. PM me your picks if you want me to make your selection when its time. Its whatever though.

PM sent.
Old 03-09-2009   #263
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Vikings picking Vontae Davis made this pick easy for the Patriots. With the 22nd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots select ILB James Laurinaitis from The Ohio State University.
Old 03-09-2009   #264
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Per JCTexan's PM, the Atlanta Falcons Select:

Clay Matthews, OLB, USC

Old 03-09-2009   #265
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Per Honoring Earl 34 PM, the Miami Dolphins Select:

Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut

Old 03-09-2009   #266
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Mario .

Round Dan
Old 03-09-2009   #267
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Thanks Mario .
Do you want to give your thoughts on your pick? I thought you would go DHB, but Butler is rising up draft charts.
Old 03-09-2009   #268
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm here. I'll have my pick up shortly!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-09-2009   #269
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you want to give your thoughts on your pick? I thought you would go DHB, but Butler is rising up draft charts.
DHB is a raw fast guy , kinda like Ted Ginn . They need a good route runner who can get open , kinda like a certain WR who's dad is an NFL coach .

Butler has interviewed with the Dolphins and now with the Pats and TO in the conference ... they need CBs . Butler is the most polished CB in the draft to boot .

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2009&genpos=CB

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...rst-round.html

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 03-09-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-09-2009   #270
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

This was a difficult choice, despite the fact that the Ravens need corners BADLY, even after the (questionable) signing of Domonique Foxworth.

I'd love to break character for this team and draft for offense, and DHB would be a great pick for all the obvious reasons... I also have to say that I'm tempted to take Aaron Maybin here, but in the end - not only does the desperation for a cornerback win the battle - but I got the guy I wanted (unless Vontae would have continued to slide).

With the 26th pick in the 2009 Texans Talk Member Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:

Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest

Yeah, he's undersized - but this guy's a born winner, fierce competitor, and a playmaker. His attitude and tenacity are perfect fits for that nasty Baltimore defense... assuming they can keep their defensive "culture" going after the loss of Rex Ryan.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-09-2009   #271
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
This was a difficult choice, despite the fact that the Ravens need corners BADLY, even after the (questionable) signing of Domonique Foxworth.

I'd love to break character for this team and draft for offense, and DHB would be a great pick for all the obvious reasons... I also have to say that I'm tempted to take Aaron Maybin here, but in the end - not only does the desperation for a cornerback win the battle - but I got the guy I wanted (unless Vontae would have continued to slide).

With the 26th pick in the 2009 Texans Talk Member Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:

Yeah, he's undersized - but this guy's a born winner, fierce competitor, and a playmaker. His attitude and tenacity are perfect fits for that nasty Baltimore defense... assuming they can keep their defensive "culture" going after the loss of Rex Ryan.
Great pick. I really like this kid.
Old 03-09-2009   #272
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Per JCTexan's PM, the Atlanta Falcons Select:

Clay Matthews, OLB, USC

Thanks...

Linebacker is a huge need for the Falcons, and after losing Brooking & Boley through FA Matthews becomes the easy pick with the way the draft has played out.

Others guys I considered were:

D.J. Moore
Alphonso Smith
Brandon Pettigrew
Clint Sintim
Old 03-09-2009   #273
Blake
MMQB

Don't forget that I am logging all the picks here. LINK

You may wish to bookmark that for future reference. It is also posted in my signature below.
Old 03-09-2009   #274
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

really think everybody is doing great picking for other teams, as good of Mock Draft as any I've seen anywhere. I really think taking trades out helped with accuracy. doubt this is feasable with all the excitement come draft day but wouldn't it be interesting to get at least a core group to mock the picks live? that way when trades are actually made it would really test a persons ability to make selections under fire. just an idea
Old 03-09-2009   #275
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91623 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
really think everybody is doing great picking for other teams, as good of Mock Draft as any I've seen anywhere. I really think taking trades out helped with accuracy. doubt this is feasable with all the excitement come draft day but wouldn't it be interesting to get at least a core group to mock the picks live? that way when trades are actually made it would really test a persons ability to make selections under fire. just an idea
We probably could do that since most of us will be on the board during the draft anyway.
Old 03-09-2009   #276
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
We probably could do that since most of us will be on the board during the draft anyway.
I'll be here. If beerlover wants to make it happen, count me in.
Old 03-09-2009   #277
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I agree, I think everybody has done an outstanding job so far in the draft.

As far as actual draft day comes, I'm going to go ahead and pull my name out of the hat. I'll be following all the picks/prospects for the texans. That in itself is a chore for me- I'd rather not spend time on other teams.

I think it's a great idea and would be tons of fun but I think I'll be too busy w/ "my texans board" and possibly entertaining guests at my house... which if rewatching the Cotton Bowl is any indication of how things may go, I will get upset because everyone is talking and not paying attention. Some people just don't understand the NFL Draft... I on the other hand feel like a coke-addicted homeless guy going through withdrawals if I can't get my "Draft-fix", mm mmmm good.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Old 03-09-2009   #278
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I actually like Smith more than Davis. Good pick!
Old 03-09-2009   #279
Blake
MMQB

On the Clock:

Colts - Texan_JBZ

Eagles - Mari-OWNED!

Giants - Lork 88
Old 03-09-2009   #280
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99579 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My favorite CB in the draft. Man I hope we can trade back and walk out of the 1st with this guy.

- The Immortal Bo
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read