Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2009   #241
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 352717 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Minnesota Vikings
Depth Chart
1. Right Tackle: Ryan Cook continues to disappoint as a starter, former second round bust Marcus Johnson is a free agent and the versatile Artis Hicks is much, much better suited for a backup role. 2. Cornerback: Antoine Winfield is one of the best in the biz but Cedric Griffin has his ups and downs, Marcus McCauley has been a big bust and Charles Gordon is coming off a serious ankle injury. 3. Defensive Line: They are set with the starters but Kevin and Pat Williams are facing league suspensions and it would not hurt to bolster their depth at both defensive tackle and defensive end.

Josh Freeman
Vontae Smith
Robert Ayers
Vontae Davis
Old 03-08-2009   #242
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

They've already got a TON of money tied up in the D-line. I don't think they'd go first round here.

Their WR corps is unimpressive. I think WR or CB. There are no OTs worth this pick - Loadholt and Meredith are reaches here.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-08-2009   #243
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I say Davis or DHB
Old 03-08-2009   #244
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Vontae Davis would be the highest rated player .

Round Dan
Old 03-08-2009   #245
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The Minnesota Vikings Select:

Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

Old 03-08-2009   #246
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 352717 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
They've already got a TON of money tied up in the D-line. I don't think they'd go first round here.

Their WR corps is unimpressive. I think WR or CB. There are no OTs worth this pick - I think Loadholt and Meredith are reaches here.
Actually, they WERE all over TJ Houshmanzadeh, weren't they?

So, Nicks or Harvin make good sense here ,too.

But the past couple of Walter Mocks had them taking Darius Butler or D.J. Moore with this pick. I think Davis is the pick.
Old 03-08-2009   #247
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings Select:

Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

hehe now I am two picks away.
Old 03-08-2009   #248
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

But the past couple of Walter Mocks had them taking Darius Butler or D.J. Moore with this pick. I think Davis is the pick.
Like last year, I think good WR's are available in the 2nd round.
Old 03-08-2009   #249
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Yeah, can't argue with Davis here at all.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-08-2009   #250
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Davis or WR I would have had no issue with.
Old 03-08-2009   #251
Blake
MMQB

Patriots - rmartin65
Falcons - JCTexan
Dolphins - Honoring Earl 34
Ravens - DiehardChris

rmartin65 is up but not here right now. I see JC, Earl and Chris are all here. PM me your picks if you want me to make your selection when its time. Its whatever though.
Old 03-08-2009   #252
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would of said DHB. If their passing game ever improves their offense will be deadly.
Old 03-08-2009   #253
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
I really wanted to get an offensive lineman here, but all the "1st rounder" lineman have pretty much all been picked.
Sorry I had to snag Britton from you like that. But I need Stafford to be standing after each play. :P
Old 03-08-2009   #254
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I would of said DHB. If their passing game ever improves their offense will be deadly.
I think they need a WR more like Brian Robiskie in the 2nd.

So they get the best pure CB in the draft, and a good all around WR like Robiskie.
Old 03-08-2009   #255
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry I had to snag Britton from you like that. But I need Stafford to be standing after each play. :P
Yeah but your RT sucks so that wont happen.
Old 03-08-2009   #256
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Yeah but your RT sucks so that wont happen.
Are you talking about Gosder Cherilus? I thought he did a pretty good job last year.
Old 03-08-2009   #257
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Are you talking about Gosder Cherilus? I thought he did a pretty good job last year.
I was just kidding around and just picked the opposite side.
Old 03-08-2009   #258
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think they need a WR more like Brian Robiskie in the 2nd.

So they get the best pure CB in the draft, and a good all around WR like Robiskie.
DHB and Darius Butler or D.J. Moore would be better than Robiskie and Davis IMO.
Old 03-09-2009   #259
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
DHB and Darius Butler or D.J. Moore would be better than Robiskie and Davis IMO.
How are they supposed to get Moore or Butler?

Those guys will both be gone late 1st/early 2nd.
Old 03-09-2009   #260
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
How are they supposed to get Moore or Butler?

Those guys will both be gone late 1st/early 2nd.

Thats exactly what I was thinking.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read