Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2009   #221
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Mari-OWNED! time is up. I know he is normally around, but his time is up. Anyone have a suggestion?

Philadelphia Eagles
Depth Chart
1. Tight End: L.J. Smith is a free agent and after a disappointing 2008 season (37 Rec | 298 Yards | 3 TD's) the team probably isn't too eager to use the franchise tag and pay him $4.5 million again. 2. Safety: Franchise stalwart Brian Dawkins was allowed to leave as a free agent and Sean Considine bolted as well which leaves one starting spot a question mark and their depth awfully shaky. 3. Running Back: Brian Westbrook is undoubtedly one of the best in the business when he is healthy but it seems like he is nicked up and a "Gametime Decision" more often than not these days.

I vote: Pettigrew or Wells.
Old 03-08-2009   #222
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Mari-OWNED! time is up. I know he is normally around, but his time is up. Anyone have a suggestion?

Philadelphia Eagles
Depth Chart
1. Tight End: L.J. Smith is a free agent and after a disappointing 2008 season (37 Rec | 298 Yards | 3 TD's) the team probably isn't too eager to use the franchise tag and pay him $4.5 million again. 2. Safety: Franchise stalwart Brian Dawkins was allowed to leave as a free agent and Sean Considine bolted as well which leaves one starting spot a question mark and their depth awfully shaky. 3. Running Back: Brian Westbrook is undoubtedly one of the best in the business when he is healthy but it seems like he is nicked up and a "Gametime Decision" more often than not these days.

I vote: Pettigrew or Wells.

I would say Chris Wells.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-08-2009   #223
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I would say Chris Wells.
Ditto
Old 03-08-2009   #224
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The Philadelphia Eagles Select:

Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State

Old 03-08-2009   #225
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Wahts the holdup here? Whos up?
Old 03-08-2009   #226
Blake
MMQB

Vikings - YoungTexanFan
Patriots - rmartin65
Falcons - JCTexan
Dolphins - Honoring Earl 34
Ravens - DiehardChris

Im sure it will pick back up Monday morning.
Old 03-08-2009   #227
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Wahts the holdup here? Whos up?
I think it's just that there aren't as many people on during the weekend.
Old 03-08-2009   #228
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Vikings - YoungTexanFan
Patriots - rmartin65
Falcons - JCTexan
Dolphins - Honoring Earl 34
Ravens - DiehardChris

Im sure it will pick back up Monday morning.
SM Im waiting on a phone call that could have me going out of town until Monday night. Could you PM me so I could reply with a list of players in case my pick comes up while Im gone. I cant seem to get to my pm'er.
Old 03-08-2009   #229
Blake
MMQB

Done.
Old 03-08-2009   #230
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry everyone! I feel bad, just had a lot on my plate this weekend, and I just forgot about this. Won't happen again, can I still participate?
Old 03-08-2009   #231
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Sorry everyone! I feel bad, just had a lot on my plate this weekend, and I just forgot about this. Won't happen again, can I still participate?
I'm pretty sure you are still in. I just hope you like Chris Wells lol.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-08-2009   #232
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Its fine. Do you want to change the Chris Wells pick? You have until the Vikings make their selection to do so.
Old 03-08-2009   #233
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

YTF is the Vikings pick and is lurking on the board.
Old 03-08-2009   #234
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you want to change the Chris Wells pick?
Naw, the more I look at it, that looks like the best pick on how this draft has turned out. I really wanted to get an offensive lineman here, but all the "1st rounder" lineman have pretty much all been picked. So I'm fine with Beanie.
Old 03-08-2009   #235
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay - so YTF just said he never signed up for this draft.

So we need a new Vikes rep, or we need to just make the pick and move on. Unbelievable! LOL

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-08-2009   #236
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Okay - so YTF just said he never signed up for this draft.

So we need a new Vikes rep, or we need to just make the pick and move on. Unbelievable! LOL
Well that kinda sucks.
Old 03-08-2009   #237
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I never signed up for this. I've been locked in the library the past week working on mid-terms. I'm usually game for this type of thing, but I haven't looked at this thread before this post. Sorry to let you guys down, but I haven't done much research on the Vikings, nor am I going to dig through pages of posts to see the list of guys taken. I hope yall can move on without me for this draft, though I would love to participate in the final mock closer to the actual draft. Good luck!
Old 03-08-2009   #238
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm fine with taking the Vikings... although that will give me 3 teams, the Saints only have a 1st round pick and the Panthers only have a 2 and a 3. So, it would be like taking two teams.

But it's up to you guys.
Old 03-08-2009   #239
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Yeah, I never signed up for this. I've been locked in the library the past week working on mid-terms. I'm usually game for this type of thing, but I haven't looked at this thread before this post. Sorry to let you guys down, but I haven't done much research on the Vikings, nor am I going to dig through pages of posts to see the list of guys taken. I hope yall can move on without me for this draft, though I would love to participate in the final mock closer to the actual draft. Good luck!
No problem, looks like just a miscommunication of some sort.

So - Vikings. What do you guys think?

WR? DHB, Harvin, Nicks are still on the board.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-08-2009   #240
Blake
MMQB

Minnesota Vikings
Depth Chart
1. Right Tackle: Ryan Cook continues to disappoint as a starter, former second round bust Marcus Johnson is a free agent and the versatile Artis Hicks is much, much better suited for a backup role. 2. Cornerback: Antoine Winfield is one of the best in the biz but Cedric Griffin has his ups and downs, Marcus McCauley has been a big bust and Charles Gordon is coming off a serious ankle injury. 3. Defensive Line: They are set with the starters but Kevin and Pat Williams are facing league suspensions and it would not hurt to bolster their depth at both defensive tackle and defensive end.

Josh Freeman
Vontae Smith
Robert Ayers
DHB

Last edited by Blake; 03-08-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read