Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2009   #201
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Yeah that is tremendous value getting Knowshon @16. Nice pick.
Old 03-07-2009   #202
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

All the noise coming out of SD is that LT is going to leave, so this is a smart pick. If Tyson Jackson had still been on the board, I would have suggested him, since they lost Igor.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-07-2009   #203
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
The run & shoot was done when the Oilers took off to TN man. Let it go! Defense is our need, why avoid it?(like we did LT all those drafts) You sound like an offensive coordinator.
Heh, I actually like defense. I'm just not in the Cushing camp.

Like I said, I would rather have a trade down in that scenario (alot of people would I'm sure) but since we can't in mocks, take the best player who would help our team. Also, never said anything about avoiding defense, we still have 7 more picks do you think the Texans should avoid offense entirely?

Actually, if there was a value pick at guard or center I would have taken that over WR.
Old 03-07-2009   #204
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sanchez or not. I can't decide!!!
Old 03-07-2009   #205
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Sanchez or not. I can't decide!!!
Walter Football has the Jets' #2 QB (or who I thought was their #2) as one of the top free agent QBs (mainly because the field is so weak). He's exclusive rights, so they're going to re-sign him probably... I didn't know the guy was so highly regarded. Clemens hasn't really had an extended chance - or maybe he has. I dunno.

Quote:
Brett Ratliff (ERFA), Jets. Age: 24.
One of the bright young quarterbacks in the NFL, Brett Ratliff - not Kellen Clemens - is set to take over as the starting signal caller if Brett Favre retires. Ratliff will be retained for small money.
With a defensive-minded head coach, I can definitely see them trying their hand with Clemens and Ratliff, and looking elsewhere at 17.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-07-2009   #206
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If this happened in real life, I think the Jets would look to trade back. Sanchez falling to them is great, because they do have a need at QB. But I think they won't be sold on him.

Biggest needs were ILB and defensive backfield, but these were filled with free agents.

As such, after cutting Lauverneus Coles, the NY Jets select:

[font size="5"]Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri[/font]

Old 03-07-2009   #207
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Quote:
If this happened in real life, I think the Jets would look to trade back. Sanchez falling to them is great, because they do have a need at QB. But I think they won't be sold on him.

Biggest needs were ILB and defensive backfield, but these were filled with free agents.

As such, after cutting Lauverneus Coles, the NY Jets select:

[font size="5"]Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri[/font]

Jets fans say, "YYYEEEEESSSSSSSSS!"...at least its not another TE
Old 03-07-2009   #208
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have put money on Sanchez being the pick. But Maclin is a tremendous talent at this point.
Old 03-07-2009   #209
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bears select Mark Sanchez QB USC.
Not the player I ever considered at the start of this draft. Should never be here. I just hope this doesn't out to be another Grossman.
Old 03-07-2009   #210
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35 View Post
The Bears select Mark Sanchez QB USC.
Not the player I ever considered at the start of this draft. Should never be here. I just hope this doesn't out to be another Grossman.
I like it. The bears have lacked a talented QB for some time now and I think they would be very fortunate to have a shot at selecting Sanchez.

Im glad I didnt chance him lasting to #20 for the Lions.
Old 03-07-2009   #211
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
The San Diego Chargers Select:

Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

haha I traded back to get him in the last mock with SD...
Old 03-07-2009   #212
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, what is happening here could very well happen to Sanchez in the draft. So far I see no off the wall picks by anybody. With only one year starting a USC, there is some question as to where to take him. A lot of wasted money if you are wrong on a highly picked QB who doesn't work out.

Anyhow, I just wasted a lot of time going over QB's who I thought would fit the Bears in later rounds. Have to go look at other positions now.
Old 03-07-2009   #213
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Tyson Jackson would have made sense for the Bears, however, IMO the Seahawks screwed up the draft by taking BJ Raji...lol...jk. But I had Raji going to the Packers and Crabtree going to the Seahawks even with the signing of TJ Housurmama.

Is this mock a first round only of what, I would love to do at least a three round mock!
Old 03-07-2009   #214
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Is this mock a first round only of what, I would love to do at least a three round mock!
Its a 3 round mock with an option after that for rounds 4-7. 30 million guaranteed.
Old 03-07-2009   #215
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Its a 3 round mock with an option after that for rounds 4-7. 30 million guaranteed.

Only 30 million!?!?

*storms out of office with Dunta*

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-07-2009   #216
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Tyson Jackson would have made sense for the Bears, however, IMO the Seahawks screwed up the draft by taking BJ Raji...lol...jk. But I had Raji going to the Packers and Crabtree going to the Seahawks even with the signing of TJ Housurmama.

The seahawks didn't take Raji..
Old 03-07-2009   #217
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The seahawks didn't take Raji..

Woops, I ment the Raiders. Anyways, good mock so far.

Old 03-07-2009   #218
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi
Old 03-07-2009   #219
gtexan02
Working?

Bills just signed TO. Crabtree + TO + Lee Evans would instantly be one of the top WR corps in the league
Old 03-07-2009   #220
Blake
MMQB

With the 20th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions Select:

Eben Britton, OT, Arizona

I Really considered going defense here, but with the way tackles are flying off the board I needed to get a top 5 tackle to protect my investment in Stafford. Really good defenders seem to be available in the 2nd round anyways.

Eben is a 6'6" 310 lbs offensive tackle who is as good as Jason Smith at pass protection. Once he locks onto a defender, the battle is over. He will need to work on his run blocking but with good coaching could turn into a pro-bowl left tackle.

I wanted to beef up the defense but I have to adjust to the way the draft is going. Besides, defenders are instant upgrades, while offensive players usually have a harder learning curve. So it makes sense to get the offense going first.

Last edited by Blake; 03-07-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read