Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-06-2009   #1
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Patron Induced Mock Draft

1. (15) Brian Cushing OLB 6-3, 243 4.74 USC
2. (46) Darius Butler CB 5-10.5, 180 4.35 UConn
3. (77) Chip Vaughn SS 6-1.5, 221 4.51 Wake Forest
4A. () Xavier Fulton G/T 6-4, 302 5.03 Illinois
4B. () Glenn Coffee RB 6-0, 210 4.58 Alabama
5. () Johnny Knox KR 5-11.5, 185 4.34 Abilene Christian
6. () Dan Grankowski TE 6-5.5, 255 4.78 Maryland
7. () Marlon Lucky RB 5-11, 216 4.60 Nebraska

Now I will get blasted for drafting 2 RB but the way I see it we are not signing a significant RB in FA so we need depth and who knows we can get a hit late. Lucky ran well at the combine.

Grankowski is more of a blocking TE who can grow into the rec threat. His numbers are off the charts at the combine (except 40) so he will fall.

I took a Tackle but his drill and size dictake he would be a very good guard in a zone set.

That is my mock, have at it.
Old 03-06-2009   #2
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Patron Induced Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post

Now I will get blasted for drafting 2 RB but the way I see it we are not signing a significant RB in FA so we need depth and who knows we can get a hit late. Lucky ran well at the combine.

Grankowski is more of a blocking TE who can grow into the rec threat. His numbers are off the charts at the combine (except 40) so he will fall.

I took a Tackle but his drill and size dictake he would be a very good guard in a zone set.

I like it (Patron I mean) LOL

I like this mock

We need to pick up a young pass rushing DE

Love the Butler pick doubt he will be there.

I wouldn't be against Butler in the 1st rd after trading down.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Patron Induced Mock Draft
That is just an awesome phrase. Rep for you if I can.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Don Julio is Better.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #5
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You need to drink more! I like it. I would rather have Mathews than Cushing but I wouldnt cry about it. I really like Butler and wouldnt be shocked to see him go in the mid first. Chip Vaugn hasnt gotten enough talk. If Fultons knee checks out he could be a good fit. Think he will still be around in the 5th or 6th. Coffee is under rated, hes a tough little runner. If we draft Johnny Knoxx can we expect a visit in the lockeroom from Partyboy? Grankowsky is an interesting player and a good value at 6. Lucky will be Lucky to get drafted. He had a great year 2 years ago but dissapeared this year. There were talks of him trying to comit suicde.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

lucky is a nice back in the 7th, love coffee just not that coffee, so no. Cushing ah, well, kinda, maybe, not really. Butler probably doesn't sniff the 2nd. I really don't think we need anymore safetys unless they can cover which Vaughn is not known to do. Fulton is interesting good value pick.

ya know in another thread I said the Texans could draft up to three starters. in your mock its less likely unless Butler slips.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #7
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
lucky is a nice back in the 7th, love coffee just not that coffee, so no. Cushing ah, well, kinda, maybe, not really. Butler probably doesn't sniff the 2nd. I really don't think we need anymore safetys unless they can cover which Vaughn is not known to do. Fulton is interesting good value pick.

ya know in another thread I said the Texans could draft up to three starters. in your mock its less likely unless Butler slips.
When have we gone after safetys that cover? Who do we have at SS that cant be beat out?
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2009   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
When have we gone after safetys that cover? Who do we have at SS that cant be beat out?
excatly my point. why go after another one unless they can cover?
Old 03-07-2009   #9
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's why I like Hamlin in the third. He's not a top athlete, but can do everything well.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
That's why I like Hamlin in the third. He's not a top athlete, but can do everything well.
I'll grant you that. his best attribute however is in run support.

give me Rashad Jennings in the 3rd & I'll be happier
Old 03-07-2009   #11
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You need to drink more often, I like this mock. I don't know anything about Xavier Fulton so I'll have to take your word for it on him and I think we could do better in the 5th round, but overall I like it.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Let me add that the second round was my hardest to figure out. I thought about Kruger but with the signing of Smith and how Cochran and Bulman played last year I figured that DE was not a need.

As far as safety goes, I think we need both and since Wilson is on the team I went with Vaughn. I would have no problem if it was Hamlin instead or even Sherrod Martin.
Old 03-07-2009   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Only thing I would add is after the 4th round , I'm taking a flyer on Jason Phillips .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read