Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009   #181
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I agree with it I just dont think our team does. Its kind of like the S situation. We all want a ballhawking FS but doesnt seem to be in the teams plans. That is why I wouldnt be stunned to see them take a player like Peria.
Peria's not a bad pickup, he's very disruptive. I just think we need a one gap dt. I haven't heard the coaches say it though. We need a big, fat, nasty run stuffer.

Change of subject: What do y'all think about Larry English?
Old 03-06-2009   #182
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Peria's not a bad pickup, he's very disruptive. I just think we need a one gap dt. I haven't heard the coaches say it though. We need a big, fat, nasty run stuffer.

Change of subject: What do y'all think about Larry English?
I was actually going to add him to the list of DE possibilities when he weighed in at the Combine at 274 - then they said that was a mistake, and he's actually still in the 250s... the official NFL.com Combine page still hast the 274 weight though.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-06-2009   #183
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Tailgate is going to be around.
Old 03-06-2009   #184
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I would have taken Maclin personally...
Old 03-07-2009   #185
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I would have taken Maclin personally...
Maclin is a great wr and all but wr isn't a pressing need. We also have a lot of money tied up at the position. The defense needs to get way more physical. The only way as of now is through the draft.
Old 03-07-2009   #186
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I don't think Tailgate is going to be around.
I will take over if he No shows.
Old 03-07-2009   #187
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the delayed reaction (Cushing pick) I find interesting as the process continues forward, afterall this means Cushing will not be the pick cause by the time draft day comes we'll have tasted several flavors of the coming weeks. But at this point in time its a worthy pick, nice job
Old 03-07-2009   #188
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
the delayed reaction (Cushing pick) I find interesting as the process continues forward, afterall this means Cushing will not be the pick cause by the time draft day comes we'll have tasted several flavors of the coming weeks. But at this point in time its a worthy pick, nice job
Gracias. It was a tough one. I still keep wondering if Jerry was the pick. But I think Cushing will work out.
Old 03-07-2009   #189
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Maclin is a great wr and all but wr isn't a pressing need. We also have a lot of money tied up at the position. The defense needs to get way more physical. The only way as of now is through the draft.
Need Shmeed, if we couldn't trade out of that situation I take the best player available.

At worst, he solidifies the third WR.
At best, he moves Walter into the slot (HELLOBABY)
Middle ground, he becomes the Reggie Wayne to our Marvin Harrison (although AJ isn't that old yet).

A year after we draft him we can pretty much run any play out of the 3WR 1TE 1 HB set.
Old 03-07-2009   #190
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Its been 17 hours since the last pick. Who do we want to give the Chargers? They are very random IMO.

They could go Wells at RB since LT is going downhill.
I could see them taking a WR (Maclin or Harvin), and they have a slight need at CB with Vontae Davis.

From draft coutdown

San Diego Chargers
Depth Chart
1. Offensive Line: Right guard Mike Goff is 33-years-old and a free agent and, even though he's solid, they could probably find an upgrade for former sixth rounder Jeromey Clary at right tackle. 2. Defensive End: Igor Olshansky is a free agent and it doesn't look like the team is going to make much of an effort to re-sign him so they will have to bring in some reinforcements and depth. 3. Inside Linebacker: Despite bringing in the likes of Stephen Cooper, Matt Wilhelm, Tim Dobbins and Brandon Siler in recent years they lack the stud inside to team with Merriman and Phillips.
Old 03-07-2009   #191
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote Davis. You can never have too many CB's.
Old 03-07-2009   #192
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

1.) Detroit Lions Select: Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia

2.) St. Louis Rams Select: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

3.) Kansas City Chiefs Select: Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest

4.) Seattle Seahawks Select: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virgina

5.) Cleveland Browns Select: Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas

6.) Cincinnati Bengals Select: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

7.) Oakland Raiders Select: B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

8.) Jacksonville Jaguars Select: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss

9.) Green Bay Packers Select: Tyson Jackson, DE, L.S.U.

10.) San Francisco 49ers Select: Everette Brown, DE/OLB, Florida State

11.) Buffalo Bills Select: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

12.) Denver Broncos Select: Rey Maualuga, LB, U.S.C.

13.) Washington Redskins Select: William Beatty, OT, Connecticut

14.) New Orleans Saints Select: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

15.) Houston Texans Select: Brian Cushing, LB, U.S.C.

16.) San Diego Chargers Select: Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

the two obvious choices would be Tyson Jackson, LDE & Rey Maualuga, ILB however both are taken. best player available w/RB need in mind.
Old 03-07-2009   #193
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

They do have Cason and Cromartie at CB, but Im not sure what the status is on Cromartie. I think they said they will not trade him.

Wells or Moreno would be ok picks for them.

Laurinaitis at ILB is a huge need.

There is no DE pick here, but what about an OLB like Maybin or English?
Old 03-07-2009   #194
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
They do have Cason and Cromartie at CB, but Im not sure what the status is on Cromartie. I think they said they will not trade him.

What about Dirty Sanchez???
Old 03-07-2009   #195
Blake
MMQB

The San Diego Chargers Select:

Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

Old 03-07-2009   #196
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:

Englsih/Maybin would play same position as Merriman. Shaun Phillips plays the other OLB position. both too small to play on line in 3-4. Laurinaitis would fit nicely inside but I would take Moreno 9 times out of 10 over James. Wells I would not touch in the 1st rd. reminds me of Lendale White who went in 2nd.
Old 03-07-2009   #197
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Need Shmeed, if we couldn't trade out of that situation I take the best player available.

At worst, he solidifies the third WR.
At best, he moves Walter into the slot (HELLOBABY)
Middle ground, he becomes the Reggie Wayne to our Marvin Harrison (although AJ isn't that old yet).

A year after we draft him we can pretty much run any play out of the 3WR 1TE 1 HB set.
The run & shoot was done when the Oilers took off to TN man. Let it go! Defense is our need, why avoid it?(like we did LT all those drafts) You sound like an offensive coordinator.
Old 03-07-2009   #198
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:

there you go, nice pick
Old 03-07-2009   #199
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd probably go Eben Britton, Laurinitis, or Moreno.
Old 03-07-2009   #200
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I like it.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read