Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-06-2009   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kirwans 2nd mock Draft

Has the Texans picking a DT.

Quote:
15. Houston Texans - Peria Jerry DT/Mississippi

Antonio Smith was signed, and that resolved the defensive end issue. Now it is time to resolve the tackle problems. Jerry starts as a wave tackle and quickly replaces Travis Johnson
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kirwans 2nd mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post

Antoinio Smith signing addresses the Anthony Weaver problem.... the sack problem is still a work in progress. IMHO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6894
Old 03-06-2009   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49476 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been on Peria bandwagon for longer than anybody here, even ole miss. he had a really great season, what I've admired most about his game is his leadership. that being said, don't write off Travis into the sunset just yet. He should becoming into his prime & maybe mis cast into the system(s) here in Houston since drafted in the 1st rd. do I think more of Jerry, hell yes but lets see how Bush projects/plans to use TJ going forward.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #4
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I've been on Peria bandwagon for longer than anybody here, even ole miss. he had a really great season, what I've admired most about his game is his leadership. that being said, don't write off Travis into the sunset just yet. He should becoming into his prime & maybe mis cast into the system(s) here in Houston since drafted in the 1st rd. do I think more of Jerry, hell yes but lets see how Bush projects/plans to use TJ going forward.
I agree. Im looking forward to seeing how TJ plays in the new system. Still Peria might be a good pick here. I would not be upset to see us drafted him. Hey the more quality players we have in the trenches the better as far as Im concerned. Send em at em in waves and keep em rotated and fresh. If our offense can increase its red zone scoring teams will have to pass more to keep up. Having a stacked dline that can get penetration will be very benificial if that happens.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I agree. Im looking forward to seeing how TJ plays in the new system. Still Peria might be a good pick here. I would not be upset to see us drafted him. Hey the more quality players we have in the trenches the better as far as Im concerned. Send em at em in waves and keep em rotated and fresh. If our offense can increase its red zone scoring teams will have to pass more to keep up. Having a stacked dline that can get penetration will be very benificial if that happens.
It helps us tremendously when we have the lead.

We need to improve on the goal line as you said and just in general running the clock out with the lead. Last year Sage might have been the helicopter, but we should have been pounding the ball. We need another back or two that can help us in all aspects of our running game.

I know alot of people are against a RB in the first but I am not. I think Slaton is mature enough to understand that he is the #1, but needs some help out there. If he plays well next year I understand that he will request a new contract but he would deserve it at that point. The guy was our career rusher in his rookie year. Of course this is IF he continues to play well.

If Moreno is there at #15 I think he is just too good to pass up, depending on who else is on the board.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #6
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I like Jerry, but have my doubts.

He's 24 playing against mostly 18-21 year olds. A fully developed man entering his prime vs boys a year or two out of High School. You would expect him to dominate in that scenario.

He'll be 25 by the time he plays his first NFL snap, which is pretty old for a rookie. You have to think he's already near his physical potential, without alot of room to develope.

Even if he has reached his potential I still think he can step in and start on most teams in need of a 3 tech. He is very talented. If Bush is planning on running a system with two 3 techs I could see this pick working for the Texans.

With his age, I think he will slide further down though.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #7
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I like Jerry, but have my doubts.

He's 24 playing against mostly 18-21 year olds. A fully developed man entering his prime vs boys a year or two out of High School. You would expect him to dominate in that scenario.

He'll be 25 by the time he plays his first NFL snap, which is pretty old for a rookie. You have to think he's already near his physical potential, without alot of room to develope.

Even if he has reached his potential I still think he can step in and start on most teams in need of a 3 tech. He is very talented. If Bush is planning on running a system with two 3 techs I could see this pick working for the Texans.

With his age, I think he will slide further down though.
Who knows maybe he'll be ther in the second.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read