Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009   #121
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
booooo!!!! make the pick already.
Haha, that's alot of pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Not that you need my opinion but I think gotta go Vontae Davis. He is the only real value at 15. And we need good corners, especially if we dont Sign Dunta to a long term deal.

After that you have to go offense with Maclin.
It's all opinion, nobody really knows.

Yea if we don't sign Dunta we are looking at a completely different situation.
Old 03-06-2009   #122
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Haha, that's alot of pressure.

I would pick Cushing or Davis here.
Old 03-06-2009   #123
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would pick Cushing or Davis here.
If we are picking I'd go Moreno.
Old 03-06-2009   #124
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not that you need my opinion but I think gotta go Vontae Davis. He is the only real value at 15. And we need good corners, especially if we dont Sign Dunta to a long term deal.

After that you have to go offense with Maclin.
Anyone else think Darius Butler is a better prospect than Davis ?
Old 03-06-2009   #125
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
If we are picking I'd go Moreno.
I already hear people booing you.
Old 03-06-2009   #126
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I already hear people booing you.
Oh yea, there is no doubt, but I would still make the pick.
Old 03-06-2009   #127
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the guys that are BPA types of picks at this spot are Moreno, Maclin, Britton, Sanchez, or Davis.

If you're picking based more on need, then I'd probably lean English, Matthews, Laurinitis, or Cushing.

Hmmm... I don't know... I really liked Matthews at the combine. I thought he looked good. But he's a reach at this spot.

If anyone else were to suggest this, I'd make fun of them but... I'd probably go Maclin.
Old 03-06-2009   #128
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If anyone else were to suggest this, I'd make fun of them but... I'd probably go Maclin.
Shouldn't you make fun of yourself then?
Old 03-06-2009   #129
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Shouldn't you make fun of yourself then?
I do.

Constantly.
Old 03-06-2009   #130
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

give me about 15 minutes guys. I think I know who I am going with. Still doing a little research. I mean... this guy is going to be the future of our franchise and all...
Old 03-06-2009   #131
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

You know, Peria Jerry is another option here, too.
Old 03-06-2009   #132
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

On my board, the top remaining players are:

Sanchez (10)
Davis (12)
Cushing (13)
Maclin (17)
English (18)
Old 03-06-2009   #133
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
give me about 15 minutes guys. I think I know who I am going with. Still doing a little research. I mean... this guy is going to be the future of our franchise and all...
A part of our future... or are you going with Sanchez?
Old 03-06-2009   #134
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Take Sanchez if you want. But you better have a plan on how to use him, or if you plan on trading him or what.

I'm out for a couple hours. Yall keep this thing rolling.
Old 03-06-2009   #135
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Take Sanchez if you want. But you better have a plan on how to use him, or if you plan on trading him or what.

I'm out for a couple hours. Yall keep this thing rolling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7PkWE
Old 03-06-2009   #136
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Anyone else think Darius Butler is a better prospect than Davis ?
I do! I wouldnt be upset with him at 15.
Old 03-06-2009   #137
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody else thinking of Davis as a safety?
Old 03-06-2009   #138
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I don't think he has the mindset for it.

He tackles well enough, but he goes out of his way to avoid contact too often for my taste.
Old 03-06-2009   #139
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I don't like the idea of drafting someone with our 1st then moving him to a different position. I am fine with Davis as a CB, though.
Old 03-06-2009   #140
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Call a radio show .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAa5rP64YbQ

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read