Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009   #101
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

With the 13th pick in the NFL DRAFT the Washington Redskins select

WILLIAM BEATTY LT Connecticut

William has the best feet of any LT in this draft IMO. He's intelligent & a hard worker. William has shown his commitment to his profession by gaining 10lbs of muscle since the senior bowl.

The Redskins have a major need on the OT (Samuels & Jansen are getting old) & William Beatty fills a need in addition to being a good value @ 13.

Most draftniks have him rated lower but scouts dont kind of like D.Brown.
Old 03-06-2009   #102
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

William has the best feet of any LT in this draft IMO. He's intelligent & a hard worker. William has shown his commitment to his profession by gaining 10lbs of muscle since the senior bowl.

The Redskins have a major need on the OT (Samuels & Jansen are getting old) & William Beatty fills a need in addition to being a good value @ 13.

Wow. Thanks for stealing my #20...

I guess I will have to take a punter now.
Old 03-06-2009   #103
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Damn!
Old 03-06-2009   #104
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't see this as a big surprise. A lot of mocks have Britton going in this spot and Beatty at 20. I think this is a good pick.
Old 03-06-2009   #105
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't see this as a big surprise. A lot of mocks have Britton going in this spot and Beatty at 20. I think this is a good pick.
You not going to make a pick while you are here???
Old 03-06-2009   #106
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Ooops... It kinda snuck up on me.

With the 14th pick, the Saints take:

Malcolm Jenkins, CB, THE Ohio State University
Old 03-06-2009   #107
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Ooops... It kinda snuck up on me.

With the 14th pick, the Saints take:

Malcolm Jenkins, CB, THE Ohio State University
You son of a *****.
Old 03-06-2009   #108
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
You son of a *****.
Payback, baby.
Old 03-06-2009   #109
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really need to trade down here guys! I call for a last minute rule change.
Old 03-06-2009   #110
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope.

Let's see what you do with it. Something similiar may happen come draft day.
Old 03-06-2009   #111
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why trade down , there's some good players not named Sanchez .
Old 03-06-2009   #112
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Why trade down , there's some good players not named Sanchez .
Only difference between this mock and the last one we did as it relates to the Houston Texans is that Sanchez, Vontae Davis, and Britton are still available while Tyson Jackson, Everette Brown, and William Beatty is not.

I don't know what I would do here. There are good players on the board but they don't fit immediate needs.
Old 03-06-2009   #113
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Nope.

Let's see what you do with it. Something similiar may happen come draft day.
English and Cushing are still out there...
Old 03-06-2009   #114
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
This is why it is hard for me I guess. I am not a fan of Cushing, Matthews, or English at 15.

Jeremy Maclin and Knowshown Moreno are still out there...
Old 03-06-2009   #115
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

So is Clay Mathews!!!!!! Hint Hint!!!!!!

and other that should get consideration

Knowshon Moreno Georgia RBF
Vontae Davis Illinois CB
Brian Cushing USC OLB43
Chris Wells Ohio State RBF
James Laurinaitis Ohio State ILB
Aaron Maybin Penn State OLB34 OLB43
Percy Harvin Florida WRS WRF
Peria Jerry Mississippi DT43
DJ Moore Vanderbilt CB
LeSean McCoy Pittsburgh RBF
Darrius Heyward-Bey Maryland WRF
Clay Matthews USC OLB34 OLB43
Larry English Northern Illinois OLB43
Hakeem Nicks North Carolina WRF WRP
Alphonso Smith Wake Forest CB
Alex Mack California OC
Eben Britton Arizona OT
Donald Brown Connecticut RBF
William Beatty Connecticut OT
Clint Sintim Virginia OLB43 OLB34
Darius Butler Connecticut CB
Max Unger Oregon OC OG
Michael Johnson Georgia Tech DE43 OLB34

Last edited by mussop; 03-06-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-06-2009   #116
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Only difference between this mock and the last one we did as it relates to the Houston Texans is that Sanchez, Vontae Davis, and Britton are still available while Tyson Jackson, Everette Brown, and William Beatty is not.

I don't know what I would do here. There are good players on the board but they don't fit immediate needs.
Not that you need my opinion but I think gotta go Vontae Davis. He is the only real value at 15. And we need good corners, especially if we dont Sign Dunta to a long term deal.

After that you have to go offense with Maclin.
Old 03-06-2009   #117
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

BCSPA... Best Colorado State Player Available.

You do realize you're going to get hell no matter who you pick.

Cushing, Matthews, English, Jerry, Smith, Davis, Maclin, Brown, Moreno...
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Old 03-06-2009   #118
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
booooo!!!! make the pick already.
Old 03-06-2009   #119
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

On my board ( GBNDR ) the highest rated player is Maclin . We really don't need a WR ... do we ... he returns kicks .
Old 03-06-2009   #120
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
BCSPA... Best Colorado State Player Available.

You do realize you're going to get hell no matter who you pick.

Cushing, Matthews, English, Jerry, Smith, Davis, Maclin, Brown, Moreno...
Sanchez?...
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read